Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Stand up if you hate friendlies...

i like friendlies as a little taster before the season, see the new kits and players. they get boring after a few, but it's good getting your hopes up after smashing Kettering 4-1, or thinking 'we were just getting some fitness work in' after a 3-1 defeat at Accrington. nothing beats the excitement of the 1st weekend of the season but i can't recall winning one of them for a good while now - 2003??

August 2002 v Watford, first game at the Walkers, Deane with 2 headers. Stadium wobbling and all that.

August 2002 v Watford, first game at the Walkers, Deane with 2 headers. Stadium wobbling and all that.

we thought we had the greatest stadium/atmosphere we could ever have.

I do love 1st games though. every time i say 'yeah i reckon we will do well this year' we will beat sheff utd/luton etc and get off to a good start. By the end of the game the realisation sets in

I do love 1st games though. every time i say 'yeah i reckon we will do well this year' we will beat sheff utd/luton etc and get off to a good start. By the end of the game the realisation sets in

Not this year. This time, it's going to be different. :thumbup:

How long do players get time off? About a month if they have no international commitments. How can they be so fit (or not in our case) then after a month off they are out of shape?

I imagine they still carry on jogging and such?

I quite like friendlies - remember Matt Elliott taking ablow to the head against Athletico Bilboa and going tfor the guy big style?? only prob is i went three mins from the end and missed our goal;(

Since when could you call friendlies football?

I hate them.

Players generally are to scared to go in and have a go as they don't want to pick up an injury.

The only use they have is for the manager to get an idea of who is the more likely to fit in best for the first team.

What the best tactics could be used with the squad he has.

Give me a full bloodied game anyday, much more interesting, then we will see which players really do give their all.

As for getting the players talking to each other, I think they all ought to learn Iranian!

This would confuse the opposition.

Archived