Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Fugazi/Minor Threat/Black Flag

NOW you are talking!!!

I love Fugazi, Minor Threat and so on it's my kind of music all the way!! I am a total Dischord records fanatic all the way through Minor Threat, Nation of Ullysses, Rites of Spring, Jawbox, Soulside and more recently Q and not U and Ian Mackayes new band The Evens

as Daggers said Waiting room is an awesome song the opening bass line is one of the finest ever!!

are you looking to download some music of these as a starter I would recommend

10877689_155_155.jpeg

This is the first Fugazi ep which as a cd re-release included the Margin Walker ep

you should then move on to

10877688_155_155.jpeg

as for Minor Threat as they didn't stay around long you haven't got much to get confused about

10882279_155_155.jpeg

Awesome album!!!

moving on to Black Flag

10893192_155_155.jpeg

is a brilliant album with Rollins in full flight with some awesome songs Rise Above, TV Party and so on

never knew any people on here had even heard of stuff like black flag/minor threat/bad brains :worship: , you guys heard of the minutemen? i just got the Minute-flag E.P, minutemen and black flag combining! its cool! :thumbup:

Nation of Ullysses

:thumbup:

you guys heard of the minutemen?

RE-MEM-BEEEERRRR... JESUS AND TEQUILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Took it a little off topic... but for some reason, I've never gotten into the three bands in this thread title :dunno:

Rites of Spring

End On End :worship:

Big fan of Fugazi - Repeater and Ian MacKaye can do no wrong in my eyes

Also check out Jawbreaker, particularly 'Save Your Generation', Piebald particularly 'American Hearts' and 'Fear And Loathing In Cape Cod' and maybe 'Diary' by Sunny Day Real Estate

Also maybe a bit of The Postal Service for a different kinda thing along these lines.

End On End :worship:

Big fan of Fugazi - Repeater and Ian MacKaye can do no wrong in my eyes

Also check out Jawbreaker, particularly 'Save Your Generation', Piebald particularly 'American Hearts' and 'Fear And Loathing In Cape Cod' and maybe 'Diary' by Sunny Day Real Estate

Also maybe a bit of The Postal Service for a different kinda thing along these lines.

We must have the same eyes!! :eek:

the man is a legend of the highest order Dischord records is as good as it gets imo!!

TV PARTY TONIGHT!

TV PARTY TONIGHT!

We're gunna have a tv party tonight, alright!

:cool:

I <3 Black Flag. fooking shame that Rollins, like the likes of Jerry Only seem to have slightly lost the plot these days.

Oh. And I'm pledging my allegiance to the Punk Republic of Foxestalk. I presume we're at very least a anarcho-syndicalist movement?

I <3 Black Flag. fooking shame that Rollins, like the likes of Jerry Only seem to have slightly lost the plot these days.

Oh. And I'm pledging my allegiance to the Punk Republic of Foxestalk. I presume we're at very least a anarcho-syndicalist movement?

I AGREE :thumbup::cool:

yeah his stand up was ok, only saw him at the download festival a couple of years ago, well i say saw him the tent was rammed so kinda listened from just outside, he does some shite T.V programme now to doesn't he

Never really got into Black Flag for some reason. Minor Threat, now that's a seminal band! Little Friend is a fave song of mine.

I'm a big fan of Fugazi, I own Steady Diet of nothing (fave,) Red Medicine, In on The Kill Taker and Repeater. Great stuff.

A tad off topic but connected

I am still exceedingly angry right now

This broken ankle of mine prevented me from seeing (in my eyes and mind) the greatest band to ever walk this earth

The Ruts reformed for a one of benefit gig for cancer research and Paul Fox - Paul Fox is their guitarist and has recently been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer

OK so if you know anything about The Ruts you'll know that they can't truely reform because singer Malcolm Owen died on July 14th 1980

So for this one off gig vocal duties were handled by Henry Rollins

l_eb554c619360c546cc444c17d5b9570b.jpg

Aside from The Ruts, just look at that lineup

Fortunetly the gig will soon be released on DVD and some clips can be found at http://www.myspace.com/foxysrutsuk

As for Fugazi - I worked as Ian Mackaye's guitar technician on their first UK tour (That's a glorified title - I was his string changer - And he broke a hell of a lot of strings!)

Archived