Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Keepers

A good goalkeeper is essential! not only does he save the shots, he lifts the confidence of the team when they see that he is reliable and will continue to keep them out, he orchestrates the defence so that they are organised and generally is a powerful presence that can intimidate teams.

I personally think we need to get rid of Henderson and Douglas and sign one more VERY good goalkeeper i.e. someone from the Premiership who isn't being played at a top club. I know that this goes against what I usually say, that being that big players wouldn't care for the club and would be clawing at money until they retired but in this instance, if we could get someone who still has a good few years left in him and can improve the team then I say go for it!

Don't know about Nielsen but Logan and Henderson are as reliable as Championship goalkeepers get.

Even last season very few of our conceded goals were down to goalkeeper error.

And both seem to be talking non-stop to their teammates - far more than last season.

Five games, five wins, an 11-1 winning aggregate and the only decent shot pushed around a post by the diving Logan.

It hardly looks like a crisis.

Besides, with N'Gotty as our impenetrable defensive shield we'll hardly need a goalkeeper - except as a gesture to appease the Players Unon. :thumbup::D

Don't know about Nielsen but Logan and Henderson are as reliable as Championship goalkeepers get.

Even last season very few of our conceded goals were down to goalkeeper error.

And both seem to be talking non-stop to their teammates - far more than last season.

Five games, five wins, an 11-1 winning aggregate and the only decent shot pushed around a post by the diving Logan.

It hardly looks like a crisis.

Besides, with N'Gotty as our impenetrable defensive shield we'll hardly need a goalkeeper - except as a gesture to appease the Players Unon. :thumbup::D

I agree, Henderson is a good keep and Logan will improve.

Fair enough this Nielson guy deserves a chance but he has looked very clumsy of what I've seen I think logan isn't to good so I'd give henderson our first choice at the moment , but would definitely bring a new keeper in some one thats reliable

Personally I think we need to get rid of one, and for me that should be Henderson. If he's so good and was supposedly attracting interest from Premiership clubs then there should be no shortage of interest for him...

I struggle to believe how highly some people on this forum rate him. His kicking is woeful and I fear for our team whenever the ball goes near him. If he hadn't had that great game against Villa then I doubt many would be hyping up so much. :pinch:

From what I've seen, Jimmy looks like a walking disaster in goal. I'm prepared to give him a chance because he must have done something right in his career to get to us, but I think he'll just be a liability to be honest.

Personally I have confidence in Logan to do the business. I didn't really see that much he did wrong last season to warrant a whole lot of slating from some.

I think goal keepers generally get off lightly in the proffesional game and only ever get the blame for the shots they should of stopped (having said that Henderson let a couple of howlers in last season)

However IMO you have to look at the shots they could of stopped, and other things such as postioning, which in Hendersons case is poor, and is the prime reason why we had players like Mark Nygaard burrying 30 yard half volley strikes into the bottom corner of our net. Henderson makes some good saves but he lets in two many shots which he could of got/got a hand to. And all of this is RE his apparent no.1 attribute shot stopping, as far as cross claiming and of course kicking is concearned, he's awfull.

I have a little bit more time for Conrad, he's Incredibly young in goal keeping years, he has a good 15 years in front of him possibly longer if he losses some ****ing weight, his problems are his footwork (not good techincally and slow, Because he's fat) Jumping (which comprimises his abilty to claim crosses) and diving (because he's fat) and getting off his line quickly (because he's ****ing fat) I think he's more of a natural goal keeper than Henderson.

Neither are anywhere near as good as the GK most top half teams have playing 1st team.

I've not written off Neilsen yet that would be silly, but at the moment he looks worse than the three other gks at the club including Rab.

Personally I think we need to get rid of one, and for me that should be Henderson. If he's so good and was supposedly attracting interest from Premiership clubs then there should be no shortage of interest for him...

I struggle to believe how highly some people on this forum rate him. His kicking is woeful and I fear for our team whenever the ball goes near him. If he hadn't had that great game against Villa then I doubt many would be hyping up so much. :pinch:

From what I've seen, Jimmy looks like a walking disaster in goal. I'm prepared to give him a chance because he must have done something right in his career to get to us, but I think he'll just be a liability to be honest.

Personally I have confidence in Logan to do the business. I didn't really see that much he did wrong last season to warrant a whole lot of slating from some.

Agreed. Like Henderson, his talking and authority in the box seem to be improving and he just needs to keep working on the speed and accuracy of his distribution. He is throwing the ball out more - but it'll take time before it becomes a really valuable part of his game.

Out of what we had last season, Henderson was the best by a fair stretch.

I haven't seen Neilsen yet and will wait until I have seen him a few times before judging...

If he and Henderson are to be #1 and #2, in whichever order, Logan should go out on loan to get more football.

I have a little bit more time for Conrad, he's Incredibly young in goal keeping years, he has a good 15 years in front of him possibly longer if he losses some ****ing weight, his problems are his footwork (not good techincally and slow, Because he's fat) Jumping (which comprimises his abilty to claim crosses) and diving (because he's fat) and getting off his line quickly (because he's ****ing fat) I think he's more of a natural goal keeper than Henderson.

Am I the only one that detects some slight error in judgement here.

If he can't jump, dive or move, how does that make him more of a "natural keeper" than Hendo?

Surely if that makes Logan better than Hendo, they BOTH need to play at being clay pigeons today.

Am I the only one that detects some slight error in judgement here.

If he can't jump, dive or move, how does that make him more of a "natural keeper" than Hendo?

Surely if that makes Logan better than Hendo, they BOTH need to play at being clay pigeons today.

I ment in his head, he has more natural abilty. The fact he's a porker lets him down.

If we had to get rid of one of these keepers I`d prefer it would be Logan out on loan. Again, I cant see us signing another keeper at this stage but Douglas obviously needs to go and then we`ll have 3 left. If we do buy another from somewhere I wouldnt want to sell Hendo who is steady if not spectacular.

I haven't seen Neilsen yet and will wait until I have seen him a few times before judging...

If he and Henderson are to be #1 and #2, in whichever order, Logan should go out on loan to get more football.

Seconded

I totally agree, there are too many people jumping on the bandwagon for another keeper when we havent seen the new one perform in the league yet.

I think we have too many keepers and would like to see Rab go but then he has a decent contract and isnt likely to leave until the end of the season. So I think we are stuck with what we have got, I dont think having 5 keepers is the solution.

I totally agree, there are too many people jumping on the bandwagon for another keeper when we havent seen the new one perform in the league yet.

I think we have too many keepers and would like to see Rab go but then he has a decent contract and isnt likely to leave until the end of the season. So I think we are stuck with what we have got, I dont think having 5 keepers is the solution.

Whether he is shit or not we wont buy another goal keeper, the management aren't going to admit they bought an incompetent twat based on a few pre season games.

Whether he is shit or not we wont buy another goal keeper, the management aren't going to admit they bought an incompetent twat based on a few pre season games.
You can be so sensitive with your words sometimes. :rolleyes::D
You seen the size of Logan :| Massive lad for his age :o
I see! :rolleyes:

You can be so sensitive with your words sometimes. :rolleyes: :DI see! :rolleyes:

Sorry it just annoys me, Neilsen looks a little shackey in Pre Season so we clearly need to buy another goalie, as if in a million years thats going to happen. Please.

Archived