Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Levi Porter

Well Do you?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No - No Bullshit

• Yes
    • No

I said NO, because if his true position is CM, then there are a lot of players i would have infront of him, i.e Weso, Clemence, Kishikev. If it was for LM then I would consider it as long as we don't buy anyone else before the game. WOuld prefer Mattock there if we have new LB or Mattock at LB and new LM. Porter did ok last season and saw him as potential starter but now we are aiming so much higher and he was only good from a bad bunch last season. I just don't think he is a good enough LM and i'm really hoping we bring one in before the Blackpool game, maybe even on Loan!

And I'd no sooner have a weaker Academy player chosen for our team in favour of an imported player than I would have an Academy player overlooked because some out-of-form import was getting more money or had only signed based on his being guaranteed regular football.

Yes you would. It might be subconscious, but you would.

IMHO i dont see why Levi shouldn't get a chance in the 1st team.

He was one of the few players last season who was able to run at defences and the only one who created any sense of threat when he had the ball.

Mind you i could be talking bollox :unsure:

Theres no reason why Porter can't play in midfield.

There are plenty of small centre midfielders how have fantastic careers.

For example lets say....... Ivan De La Pena, who conincidentley I met last week in a Italian restraunt in Ashby.

Theres no reason why Porter can't play in midfield.

There are plenty of small centre midfielders how have fantastic careers.

For example lets say....... Ivan De La Pena, who conincidentley I met last week in a Italian restraunt in Ashby.

He could play as our left winger in our current squad.

This just highlights our weaknesses down the left flank.

Yes you would. It might be subconscious, but you would.

:D You really mistake my priorities in football. But you'll get a clue when we see how our presumed-to-be-better goalkeeper starts performing.

I would much rather we collect Championship points than be proved right on this but I truly believe the fans' "Sod Logan, we've got something better" reaction will be totally misplaced.

I won't hedge on the issue, so if you are waiting for me to admit I was wrong this could be it. Cos I had Nielsen down as number three option from what I'd seen in friendlies so far.

:D You really mistake my priorities in football. But you'll get a clue when we see how our presumed-to-be-better goalkeeper starts performing.

I would much rather we collect Championship points than be proved right on this but I truly believe the fans' "Sod Logan, we've got something better" reaction will be totally misplaced.

I won't hedge on the issue, so if you are waiting for me to admit I was wrong this could be it. Cos I had Nielsen down as number three option from what I'd seen in friendlies so far.

Neilsen might turn out not to be good enough. I haven't seen him and won't comment until I have done.

I'd rate MA's abilities to judge a player as better than yours though. If he thinks Logan needs to go out on loan, then I think I'll place a bit of trust in MA on this one.

Once you're a professional football manager who's experienced some success in the top 4 flights of the English professional game... well, you get my point.

And you've really tried to swing one here by changing the thrust of the argument. It's not about goalkeepers. I really don't think there is much between Logan and Henderson. As for Neilsen, I don't know.

But you definitely do rate our youth products as being better than they are.

I remember how much you loved COG. And he was focking shite.

Archived