Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Carl Cort

Does anyone know how long Carl Cort is out for? Allen hasn't mentioned him in his updates recently, I take it, he's probably embarrassed that he's injured already?

Is it too early to write Carl off? With Fryatt seemingly not tickling Allen's fancies, it only leaves us with Hume, de Vries & Campbell. Elvis won't get a sniff and Odhiambo and McKay i'm not counting just yet.

I hope Campbell can find his scoring boots, it would be unfair to leave it all down to Hume yet again. de Vries for all his improvement won't be prolific.

Concerned.

Whenever i think about team selections or the options we have available, i always forget about Cort. Mercury says he is unavailable for Saturday, so that means he will be out longer than the expected two weeks - not much hope for him this season.

It's so frustrating because a fir Carl Cort would get 15+ goals at this level. Which if you add Hume and DJ Campbell to the equation there's 40 odd goals between them if all were fit for a season, the sort of numbers promotion chasing teams strikers bag between them.

Well everybody expected him to get injured at some point, let's hope he can regain fitness and maintain it for the rest of the season, because there is no doubt he can score goals at this level.

He offers something much different to Hume and Campbell, depending on how De Vries does, the fitness of Cort could be very important for us next season.

It's so frustrating because a fir Carl Cort would get 15+ goals at this level. Which if you add Hume and DJ Campbell to the equation there's 40 odd goals between them if all were fit for a season, the sort of numbers promotion chasing teams strikers bag between them.

You have to hope that him and de vries between them could be a 15-20 goal striker.

If they can both get 8 or 9 each then dj or hume get 20.

Whilst some players have niggling injuries, Cort seems to have a new injury every week. He hasnt played that much over the last few years and signing him was a huge risk. Obviously he came through a medical at the club OK but it is worrying how players like him, who have been out for long spells, seem to return and pick up injuries much easier than most. Lets hope he comes through and plays a good part in the season but his fitness must be a huge concern.

The new Lee Morris. What the hell else did we expect when we signed him? I'm also very very concerned, to the extent that if Fryatt left I'm not convinced our strike options would even be as strong as they were last year. While it's unfair to make any judgements yet, the early signs aren't great - Campbell's not exactly excelled has he? We paid a lot of money for him based on a few supersub displays for the best team in the league last year and the fact that he once won Allen a cup tie at Brentford. Got a bad feeling that Allen's failure to address this striking problem could do for him what a similar oversight once did for Mr. Levein. We need a target man very soon. It'll only take a couple of perfectly typical De Vries performances to have everyone saying 'why on earth did we ever get excited about having him back in the side?', then where will we find ourselves?

The new Lee Morris. What the hell else did we expect when we signed him? I'm also very very concerned, to the extent that if Fryatt left I'm not convinced our strike options would even be as strong as they were last year. While it's unfair to make any judgements yet, the early signs aren't great - Campbell's not exactly excelled has he? We paid a lot of money for him based on a few supersub displays for the best team in the league last year and the fact that he once won Allen a cup tie at Brentford. Got a bad feeling that Allen's failure to address this striking problem could do for him what a similar oversight once did for Mr. Levein. We need a target man very soon. It'll only take a couple of perfectly typical De Vries performances to have everyone saying 'why on earth did we ever get excited about having him back in the side?', then where will we find ourselves?

Says all about your judgement. Very behind in pre-season.

When Carl gets fit i think he'll be first team Allen is showing he likes to play a target man in De Vries and i think Cort is much better i think if he and Hume/Campbell can hit it off he'll be a big part in us getting to the play-offs BUT he needs to stay fit

Whenever i think about team selections or the options we have available, i always forget about Cort. Mercury says he is unavailable for Saturday, so that means he will be out longer than the expected two weeks - not much hope for him this season.

Is that "unavailable" comment part of the Mercury's write up or a running advert placed by the City?

its a hamstring injury and nothing to do with his previous problems at wolves

Maybe not directly related but its quite common for players who have suffered continuous injuries on a certain part of the anatomy find that area weakened in muscle and that at times could put more stress on other parts of the body, hence being injured quite often with regular niggles elsewhere.

I'm no Dr but I watched GMTV in the 90s with Dr Hilary, who amusing was actually a man. :|

Maybe not directly related but its quite common for players who have suffered continuous injuries on a certain part of the anatomy find that area weakened in muscle and that at times could put more stress on other parts of the body, hence being injured quite often with regular niggles elsewhere.

I'm no Dr but I watched GMTV in the 90s with Dr Hilary, who amusing was actually a man. :|

yeah he obviously needs the kid gloves treatment weso needed last year but didn't get, just needs to slowly build his fitness up

yeah he obviously needs the kid gloves treatment weso needed last year but didn't get, just needs to slowly build his fitness up

Problem is with Cort, is that he doesn't really have the opportunity to take a bit of extra time out and regain a lot of match fitness, similar to what Weso did. Cort's just at the wrong end of the age scale.

still ched was acting like he was 36

I was just saying for a striker, 29 is over half way through a career, where as Weso is just starting out, over the last couple of years.

I was just saying for a striker, 29 is over half way through a career, where as Weso is just starting out, over the last couple of years.

dint shearer do his cruciate knee ligaments at 29, he came back to have a good few years

Archived