Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Carl Cort

dint shearer do his cruciate knee ligaments at 29, he came back to have a good few years

Possibly yes, it's not the same for everyone. But with Cort it's just more unfortunate because he's been plagued with injury throughout the majority of his career.

Going off topic a bit, did anybody see that drama last year with Ray Winston in it about football bungs? Ray Winston was given a bung to sign a permanently injured player. It was a good programme, obviously though that never happens in real life.

It's so frustrating because a fir Carl Cort would get 15+ goals at this level. Which if you add Hume and DJ Campbell to the equation there's 40 odd goals between them if all were fit for a season, the sort of numbers promotion chasing teams strikers bag between them.

a fit Carl Cort that could play every week wouldn't have been available on a free transfer though

He will be one big disapointment for you guys.

This is his 2nd injury this pre season so even when his hamstring recovers his fitness levels will be low after missing pre season. Its more than likely he will pick up another injury once he starts pushing himself in training.

Matt Murray is the same at wolves. Just recovered from his shoulder injury and played a few games now he is having a knee operation and it doesnt look good. Luckly we have Wayne Hennessey who has a big future ahead of him in the game

He will be one big disapointment for you guys.

This is his 2nd injury this pre season so even when his hamstring recovers his fitness levels will be low after missing pre season. Its more than likely he will pick up another injury once he starts pushing himself in training.

Matt Murray is the same at wolves. Just recovered from his shoulder injury and played a few games now he is having a knee operation and it doesnt look good. Luckly we have Wayne Hennessey who has a big future ahead of him in the game

Shame for you lot that, Matt Murray is a quality keeper, lucky you have good bac up.

Shame for you lot that, Matt Murray is a quality keeper, lucky you have good bac up.

Yes it is but we were all expectiong it really. Hopefully he will be back in a month in has another great season and we can sell him in the summer for a few million. No point having two great up and coming keepers.

Alot of our fans want Hennessey in anyway in his first nine 1st team matches he kept nine clean sheets.

Back on topic i think cort will do really well for you IF you can get him fit

Just having a look through the player profiles on the official website and spotted that Carl Cort is sponsored by the Energy Saving Trust this has to be a piss take.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profi...74~5963,00.html

Jason Mcateer doesn't handle the sponsorship deals down at the Walkers, he nearly got ocean finance to sponsor the tsunami disaster charity match.

I can understand why we signed Carl Cort, he was on a free, a big target man and does have some quality. What I can't understand is how anyone, including MA would see him as anything else, than a back-up Striker. I never saw him as our no.9 and a sure starter. He is injury prone and even when fit doesn't set the world alight. Would much prefer Hume/Dj/Fryatt starting over him. Just worries me that everyone says that if he was fit, he would be brilliant, i don't see that at all.

I can understand why we signed Carl Cort, he was on a free, a big target man and does have some quality. What I can't understand is how anyone, including MA would see him as anything else, than a back-up Striker. I never saw him as our no.9 and a sure starter. He is injury prone and even when fit doesn't set the world alight. Would much prefer Hume/Dj/Fryatt starting over him. Just worries me that everyone says that if he was fit, he would be brilliant, i don't see that at all.

I think most people are saying 'It would be brilliant if (at one point this season) he was fit' ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Good, i think he's a decent player when fit.

More than anything, we need to see him in a Leicester shirt to realize that he actually does play for us lol. It`ll be great to have more options in attack.

When Carl gets fit i think he'll be first team Allen is showing he likes to play a target man in De Vries and i think Cort is much better i think if he and Hume/Campbell can hit it off he'll be a big part in us getting to the play-offs BUT he needs to stay fit

IF's......BUT's.... and INJURIES.... = a piss poor buy :thumbup:

IF's......BUT's.... and INJURIES.... = a piss poor buy :thumbup:

He`ll be a terrible signing if his current injury problems plague him but whats in his favour is he passed what is deemed as a stringent medical at the club and the current injury isn't the same one that caused him to miss so much time from the game. I would prefer to judge him at the end of the season and seeing him at full fitness would help the club and give us a more direct option.

Does anyone know how long Carl Cort is out for? Allen hasn't mentioned him in his updates recently, I take it, he's probably embarrassed that he's injured already?

Is it too early to write Carl off? With Fryatt seemingly not tickling Allen's fancies, it only leaves us with Hume, de Vries & Campbell. Elvis won't get a sniff and Odhiambo and McKay i'm not counting just yet.

I hope Campbell can find his scoring boots, it would be unfair to leave it all down to Hume yet again. de Vries for all his improvement won't be prolific.

Concerned.

He's probably had three more injuries since they started tackling his first one. :D

Last I heard he as due back on the training ground with a ball.

Presumably to himself - to cut down the risks!

He's probably had three more injuries since they started tackling his first one. :D

Last I heard he as due back on the training ground with a ball.

Presumably to himself - to cut down the risks!

Contrast the difference in your attitude towards Weso's injuries and Carl Cort's!

Ridiculous.

Archived