Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

virtual cd swap

Finners missed that high bar.

-1 for him.

In fact, I think the dictionary definition of Finners is now "sordid".

I guess his dog made it.

just checked this out...

not my thing at all but actually really enjoyed it...

well - i enjoyed tracks 1-3, 6-11, 14 & 15

the others were not nice...

and, would it have killed to put them in the right order, man!

Downloaded all of them but only listen to the Syrupy one because i sae the track listing and couldn't not,

Shall be posting my Thracian stylee review of them all sometime today.

Few Questions - On Stez's what is the Ian Dury Track called? And The Second Dog's D'Amour is called Quick Joey S ...?

just checked this out...

not my thing at all but actually really enjoyed it...

well - i enjoyed tracks 1-3, 6-11, 14 & 15

the others were not nice...

and, would it have killed to put them in the right order, man!

I thought they were? :unsure: Heh, not surprised 13 and 14 weren't quite your cup of tea. :thumbup:

& I'm sorry, Daggers. I'll try harder next time.

I thought they were? :unsure: Heh, not surprised 13 and 14 weren't quite your cup of tea. :thumbup:

& I'm sorry, Daggers. I'll try harder next time.

not really, but i followed the 'order of ceremonies' and it all flowed nicely... to be honest, none of the stuff except QOTSA were 'my cup of tea' but i had fun listening, but 13 and 14... :cry:

not really, but i followed the 'order of ceremonies' and it all flowed nicely... to be honest, none of the stuff except QOTSA were 'my cup of tea' but i had fun listening, but 13 and 14... :cry:

Aah. If I can find out how Mark got the playlist sorted I'll be fine. I tried just saving a playlist and dropping it in but it didn't work. :dunno:

I figure everyone's heard Feel Good Hit of the Summer before but it's still a good song. :P The The Empty's probably the least tuneful Le Tigre song ever.

Right then my first ratings ...

Stez's CD

Stand Out Tracks - Popscene, Clever Trevor, Killing In The Name Of, Satan Rejected My Soul, Reverence

Worth Another Listen - ****ry Disco, Generations, Rental Car, Punk To Funk, Miss Lucifer, Forever, Shot Shot

Throwaway Tracks - 96 Tears, Been Caught Stealing, Acceptable In The 80's, Dadi Was A Badi, Both Dogs Diamour Tracks, Half The Man

Throw In The Bin Tracks - Highly Illogical, Common People - fooking Star Trek, Lesson One, Led Zepplin *shudders*

Can't Get You Out Of My Head Track - Goody Two Shoes :@lol

Overall Rating - *** (out of 5*)

On first look i thought this was gonna be a cheesy bell end of a cd but there are a few Gen U Ine Gems included - specifically Ian Dury, Blur and Morrissey

However its overall rating is dragged ever downwards by the Star Trek nonsense and Zepplin who i can't stand. Sorry.

But then i do like Goody Two Shoes as stated below by Stez thanks in large part to Hot Fuzz.

Starting to listen to Mark's now, Mark how did you do that "00 cdswap" file to get the playlist in?

PS: Liking Caspian so far, sounds like Godspeed with reverb.

I use Winamp to listen music, so I just put all the tracks in the playlist editor and then, manage playlist > save playlist! Simple as that.

I don't know if you're using iTunes. :(

The Caspian track is brilliant :thumbup:

The Caspian track was probably my favourite, actually. I'll let you know what I thought of most of it when I get back from work, I had it on as background noise while I was busy earlier so I didn't get a proper chance to dedicate myself to it. :D

But, I used to use WinAmp. I use WMP nowadays though, it's so much easier having a library and player in one. When I had WinAmp I used to have to have my music folder open to play my stuff and make playlists.

But, I used to use WinAmp. I use WMP nowadays though, it's so much easier having a library and player in one. When I had WinAmp I used to have to have my music folder open to play my stuff and make playlists.

Winamp has a library now :)

In WMP 11? Make sure you're in Library, at the top next to search you'll see a little arrow click that so the playlist opens. Put your songs in there and then save playlist. The playlist will be saved in My Music > My playlists in your documents. :thumbup:

Ratings Number 2...

Flynny's Syruppy CD

Stand Out Tracks - She's A Rejector, Oversleeping, Get Lost (The Magic Position :worship:), Be Gentle With Me

Worth Another Listen - Wishbone, Section 2 It's The Sun, Ola Kala, The NMH track, We Were Born Again ...

Throwaway Tracks - Dear Sons And Daughters Of Hungry Ghosts

Throw In The Bin Tracks - None

Can't Get You Out Of My Head Track - She's A Rejector

Overall Rating - **** 1/2 (out of 5*)

Excellent selection of songs especially love the Of Montreal and Patrick Wolf inclusions aswell as the timeless classic that is Be Gentle With Me.

Only song that didn't immediately grab me was the Wolf Parade track which was hardly William Shatner was it!

oh ffs! i've just quoted a load of posts and they've not come up!

anyhoo, it's quick joey small and as daggers said; clever trevor.

goodie two shoes, was acceptable in the 80's ;)

actually, i loved the beginning of hot fuzz so much, and that song worked so well, i had a new found love for it.

don't let lisa hear you dissing adam and the ants by the way!

i forgot about satan rejected my soul on catterick, i'm going to look for it on youtube in a bit!

oh yeah, i'll add LFF and tommys' links to the first post.

oh ffs! i've just quoted a load of posts and they've not come up!

anyhoo, it's quick joey small and as daggers said; clever trevor.

goodie two shoes, was acceptable in the 80's ;)

actually, i loved the beginning of hot fuzz so much, and that song worked so well, i had a new found love for it.

don't let lisa hear you dissing adam and the ants by the way!

i forgot about satan rejected my soul on catterick, i'm going to look for it on youtube in a bit!

oh yeah, i'll add LFF and tommys' links to the first post.

Tommy's done one? Where's that?

Up Next Fez's CD

Stand Out Tracks - It's Getting Boring By The Sea, Collarbone (Great Find), Questions And Answers, Eye On The Gold Chain, Shoulders & Arms, Monster Hospital

Worth Another Listen - Seasonticketholder, Adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood, Bulgarian Chicks (was all ready to dismiss this then it went all good after about 20s), Free Stress Test, Officer

Throwaway Tracks - The Western Lands, Smithsonian Institute Of Ryme

Throw In The Bin Tracks - Strange Part Of The Country - sorry was a bit James Morrison crossed with Garth Brooks for me, Chicken Bone Circuit

Can't Get You Out Of My Head Track - You're The Catalyst That Makes Things Faster, Amylase Will Dry Up The Plaster - Not quite the same in a broad midland accent Fasta/Plasta

Overall Rating - **** (out of 5*)

From the first look i could see some quality songs that i knew already - Amylase, Monster Hospital, and Blood Red Shoes as well as songs by bands i knew and liked already but tracks i hadn't heard - Tokyo Police Club, Good Shoes, Fujiya & Miyagi but there is also a bunch that i've not heard of and then all that hippety hop malarkey.

Only let downs for me were Conil and RJD2.

Overall its a funking good cd as Borat would say - Very Nice How Much?

Archived