Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

virtual cd swap

Amazing CD my favourite one by a country mile so far, I love Of Montreal, I'm From Barcelona, NMH, AIH and Patrick Wolf and the rest are great too. Loved it.

10/10

Glad you liked it. Cheers. Wasn't quite expecting so positive a reaction. :thumbup:

ok, so flynny's 'syrup' - looks good, can't wait to get sticky fingers...

1. IFB - this is a good track, been meaning to check this band out, not what i expected, but i like

2. AIH - great band, this is a fine track, tho it reminds me of 'we didn't start the fire' by billy joel?

3. OM - hmmm, bit too 80s for me.

4. TPS - by rights i should really be into this band, but never really clicked - i do like this track tho...

5. WP - annoying vocal, track skipped...

6. IFB - not as good as yr other selection by IFB, sounds like peter bjorn and john

7. PW - nice horns, another one of those really affected 80s vocals tho....

8. TBLLT - i like this track, really simple, plenty of fun

9. NMH - woah, this is a big ol' funny track - kinda like it, not sure how many listens i could manage tho!

10.OM - i like this way more than the other OM track, not sure bout his voice yet

i like this compilation, could listen to this easily... could think of a few tracks/bands that would really compliment it...

can't wait for the next volume

ok, so flynny's 'syrup' - looks good, can't wait to get sticky fingers...

I'm flattered, really, but please try not to say this ever again. :ermm:

As for "Could think of a few tracks/bands that would really compliment it", any chance of a list? I can't promise to look into it at all, but I might.

I'm flattered, really, but please try not to say this ever again. :ermm:

As for "Could think of a few tracks/bands that would really compliment it", any chance of a list? I can't promise to look into it at all, but I might.

i guess so, probably bands you already know, i'm not so hip as all that...

certainly, stereolab

maybe some electralene (sp)

takako minekawa

camera obscura

vashti bunyan

animal collective - or even animal collective w/vashti bunyan - two birds one stone...

peter bjorn and john

whitest boy alive

i guess so, probably bands you already know, i'm not so hip as all that...

certainly, stereolab

maybe some electralene (sp)

takako minekawa

camera obscura

vashti bunyan

animal collective - or even animal collective w/vashti bunyan - two birds one stone...

peter bjorn and john

whitest boy alive

Only a few of those I'm familiar with, actually. Might do some digging around.

Also signature. :P

quite excellent, my kind of thing, there's not a weak track on there.

i loved; mc lars, lateef and the chiefs, g love (fantastic bass) and peeping tom; they're on my mp3 tomorrow.

oh yeah jay, did you get my 'especially for jay' file? :ph34r:

right, i'm going to listen to flynniz next to see what all the bleddy fuss is about, then mark, the valerenga, then finnegans.

I've listened to Finnegans and Fez's.

Off the Finnegans I liked Le Tigre and Leftover Crack songs most, and ELLEGARDEN, couple of nice interludes too ;)

Fez's had a bit too much hippipy hop for my liking, but saying that I liked the RJD2 song! :D I really liked the Blood Red Shoes track too.

lol it's all about the interludes. What the fook's a samoflange!?

ELLEGARDEN I find incredible for the simple fact that they're Japanese, but when singing in English... they sound like whiney American teenagers. A feat completely failed by 99% of the rest of the Japanese populus. :D I should have put Summertime Blues by Guitar Wolf in for contrast, haha.

Leftover Crack <3.

quite excellent, my kind of thing, there's not a weak track on there.

i loved; mc lars, lateef and the chiefs, g love (fantastic bass) and peeping tom; they're on my mp3 tomorrow.

oh yeah jay, did you get my 'especially for jay' file? :ph34r:

right, i'm going to listen to flynniz next to see what all the bleddy fuss is about, then mark, the valerenga, then finnegans.

Glad you liked them Peeping Tom it's Mike Patton from Faith no Mores hip hip album as bizarre as it sounds :D

I did get "especially for Jay" thank you I heard it while re watching Reeves and Mortimer in Catterick at the weekend

I am going to get round to listening to everybody's but every time I try and download one, it takes about two hours for some reason.

I was gonna pos my tunes, but after reading your post, it would probably take 10 times that due to the popularity of my tunes, especaily the Lemhber's tunes!!

I took one look at the one with the track listing that included Adam Ant and gave it a skip.

I loaded up Fez's and have henceforth appointed him compilation-mix maker in chief to the Royal Court of Daggers.

I like it a lot.

Probably because a scent of the Pixies pours out of three tracks...and the rest tip forelocks to a heritage of Peel-based indie music.

At some point in the near future I expect to listen to Finners'. There's a high bar here Finners, a high bar.

I took one look at the one with the track listing that included Adam Ant and gave it a skip.

well, i braved this one out...

tho an awful lot of this was familiar to me so i focussed on the tracks i didn't know...

kinda liked the calvin harris track, tho it went on a bit would have been happy with it half the length

never thoguht i'd say it but - enjoyed the 'dogs' track 'quick joey - not so the other track

the fatboyslim track didn't do anything for me, but i enjoyed the faithless track

liked the jamiroqui track, not too fused with the gomez...

the rest known and approved (especially the wonderful 'satan') - quite a mixed bag of a compilation this one.

sorry, can't remeber who made this comp?

well, i braved this one out...

tho an awful lot of this was familiar to me so i focussed on the tracks i didn't know...

kinda liked the calvin harris track, tho it went on a bit would have been happy with it half the length

never thoguht i'd say it but - enjoyed the 'dogs' track 'quick joey - not so the other track

the fatboyslim track didn't do anything for me, but i enjoyed the faithless track

liked the jamiroqui track, not too fused with the gomez...

the rest known and approved (especially the wonderful 'satan') - quite a mixed bag of a compilation this one.

sorry, can't remeber who made this comp?

Haven't downloaded any of them yet but that sounds like Stez to me.

I loaded up Fez's and have henceforth appointed him compilation-mix maker in chief to the Royal Court of Daggers.

I like it a lot.

Probably because a scent of the Pixies pours out of three tracks...and the rest tip forelocks to a heritage of Peel-based indie music.

At some point in the near future I expect to listen to Finners'. There's a high bar here Finners, a high bar.

Daggers, I'd be honoured if you'd listened to mine, once I've made one.

Honoured.

Daggers, I'd be honoured if you'd listened to mine, once I've made one.

Honoured.

Finners missed that high bar.

-1 for him.

In fact, I think the dictionary definition of Finners is now "sordid".

I guess his dog made it.

Archived