Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

virtual cd swap

Now tis Finnegan's Turn

Stand Out Tracks - Safety Dance *Hangs Head*, Thundercats, Pulp Fiction, The The Empty

Worth Another Listen - Where Eagles Dare, 60 Revoloutions, Last Caress, The Pub, Feel Good Hit Of The Summer

Throwaway Tracks - 40oz., Salamander, Jesus Built My Hotrod

Throw In The Bin Tracks - Jet Generation (Shush!), Trance (Ew!)

Can't Get You Out Of My Head Track - What The fook Is A Samoflange?

Overall Rating - *** (out of 5*)

Not my bag at all baby except for Dick Dale and the thundercats out takes. Was a all a bit loud and snarly for my liking im afraid, i like my guitars to be nice and subdued thank you very much. That and i hate Trance. Sorry.

Saying that there were some tracks that i liked such as the Le Tigre track and Gogol Bordello both of whom i've never been inclined to check out before. The Tossers was alreet aswell but then im half Irish lol

Im sure someone with less musical predjudice would tell you otherwise im sure :thumbup:

Moving Swiftly On To Jay's Efforts

First Up Is The Hippety Hop Stylee One.

Stand Out Tracks - Download This Song, Track 1 (Sage Frances), Grateful

Worth Another Listen - Mojo, Grippo, Trying To Find A Balance, Ambush, Banger, Final Frontier (much prefered this to Fez's RJD2 track)

Throwaway Tracks - The last track - X-Ecutioners - was a bit Backstreet Boys sung by Ozzy Osbourne for me but only because of the loop in the background that put me off.

Throw In The Bin Tracks - None

Can't Get You Out Of My Head Track - File Transfer Compleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeete, Download This Song!

Overall Rating - **** (out of 5*)

Being a bit of an Indie Cindy my first impressions are that this will be a bit difficult listen until i spy the leg end that is MC Lars pop up second track and my mind is suddenly open. The first track helped too as it was quite good.

I must admit that i'd only heard of Sage Frances and MC Lars before i gave this a listen but i really liked this compilation and its the reason i really wanted to do this lark because i've found 8/9 new songs from 1 cd that i really like now. Good stuff.

All very much worty of another listen ans shall be kept in my music library fo shizzle :thumbup:

hmmm, i'm gonna start sulking soon....

has anyone listened to my compilation?

i mean i've spent time listening and feeding back on others, you know - even if you hated it....

personally, i think i did a cracking job and it flows lovely....

so, no one interested? :(

i mean i've spent time listening and feeding back on others, you know - even if you hated it....

I'll do yours first once I get going. :)

Just D/l Tommy's CD and its already my favourite!

Rifles, Operator Please, Shy Child, Jack Penate, Dead 60's, The Rank Deluxe, Hot Club De Paris, Sunshine Underground and CRIBS!!!

:wub:

Good lad, glad to be of assistance :D

i haven't listened yet, in fact i've only had chance to listen to 2! i've got them all downloaded (except daggers') i'll have a go at some more listenings tomorrow.......!

Top of my list for tommorrow, followed by Jay's 2nd one, Tommy's properly then Daggers.

Then ill tidy up whoever's is left, Mark's i think.

Hmmm I may think about doing one of these bad boys tomorrow.

Great idea i've seen the shizz u listen to in that thier listening too lark and i like your style.

DO IT!

I'm downloading yours now VÃ¥lerenga. Barring me opening it and screaming at its contents or something, SOMEONE will have listened to it within an hour or so.

LFF, meant to ask, what was up with the Wolf Parade track? No problem with people disliking owt, just wondering. Didn't get the Shatner reference either.

I'm downloading yours now VÃ¥lerenga. Barring me opening it and screaming at its contents or something, SOMEONE will have listened to it within an hour or so.

LFF, meant to ask, what was up with the Wolf Parade track? No problem with people disliking owt, just wondering. Didn't get the Shatner reference either.

Nothing wrong with it i actually quite liked it but it didn't immediately grab me is all and the Shatner reference was a nod to the appalling cover of common people he did that Stez put on his CD, i was saying that as a downside on a cd it was hardly in the catagory of shitness that shatner is in!

Quick overview of Valrenga's - Loving the Beach Boys inclusion and Camera Obscura and Camille are my kinda thing but other than that im clueless as to whether its any good as i've not heard of most of the bands. But knowing the kinda stuff you like im expecting big things :thumbup:

ooh, now i'm feeling all happy - and the sun is blaring down in oslo - all is good... thanks, you guys ;)

oh and extra kudos to flynny for managing to get the 'å' in vålerenga :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with it i actually quite liked it but it didn't immediately grab me is all and the Shatner reference was a nod to the appalling cover of common people he did that Stez put on his CD, i was saying that as a downside on a cd it was hardly in the catagory of shitness that shatner is in!

Quick overview of Valrenga's - Loving the Beach Boys inclusion and Camera Obscura and Camille are my kinda thing but other than that im clueless as to whether its any good as i've not heard of most of the bands. But knowing the kinda stuff you like im expecting big things :thumbup:

rest assured there will be beach boys in ANY compilation i do, thing is i can't rip from CD just now, and all the BB stuff i have on my PC is bootlegs, thus this version of til i die....

There once was a time when every indie/alternative track didn't sound like all the else. Believe it or not, there was music before the Inarticulate Monkeys

Proof: I've done an indie/alternative compilation too. Respect your elders :cool:

Give it five minutes to upload :thumbup:

Oh god you have Needle in the Hay in there. I'm doing that one next.

Archived