Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings at Accrington

I'm not saying whether he did or didn't have a good game but you can't take Thracian saying that one of the youth teamers had a good game as meaning that they actually did.

Out of Thracian and Sir Fynwy, I know who's opinion I trust more.

One day you'll watch these people and form an opinion you can trust. My guess is you've seen Sheehan once at best.

Apart from anything else I didn't rate him as having a "good" game. I rated him 6.5 which is an average game.

Wesolowski was the only player who I thought just about good. A case might be made for Henderson if you forget his nearly gifting them a goal.

Anyone marking too tightly in conditions as wet as last night would have been asking for trouble becuase and asking to be turned with no hope of recovery whatsover.

Accington did get some dangerous crosses in from both flanks but basically as a result of contriving two versus one situations where close marking would have been fatal. There was no help from anyone on the left flank and Sheehan was highly disciplined in containing attacks until assistance arrived from midfield etc.

That Sheehan showed little going forward was because he was quite clearly under instructions to remain defensive and, indeed, was left as central last man back for set pieces - when he might have been better used taking them but that's another matter.

Fact is we kept a clean sheet with a really unfamiliar defence on a night when MA apparently set out to get in front and stay there by containing the opposition rather than driving at them.

A clean sheet on a wet night when the forwards should have been rampant was a worthwhile achievement although, as I mentioned, Accington went so close with some central strikes and free kicks.

Utter bollocks.

Theres marking tightly and theres standing 10 yards away when the wingers facing you ONE ON ONE on the byline and letting him get a cross in. That was the story of Sheehans night.

I agree Thrac, Weso was the only outstanding performer on the night for us. You cannot really make a critical appraisal of Sheehan's performance last night. MA's tactics had him pinned back for almost the entire second period and watching MA he appeared to be consciously looking towards the right flank which to spearhead any attacks.

All rather worrying really given we had Bruno in that position last night. The fact we had no outlet on either flank gave Stanley the perfect incentive to drive at our full backs without the need to concern themselves with cover. The fact we still seemed to leave our full backs isolated was even more of a concern. I must have seen Stearman drift out of position and be caught ball watching 5 times in the 25 minutes he was on the pitch.

I was also concerned at how often we failed to block the final cross given our defensive emphasis - and we rode our luck given the number of soft free kicks (Stearman and Kish being the main culprits) we gave away. Set pieces are the great leveller.

I am not the greatest fan of Porter's, but last night would have been the ideal match for him. A slick surface, gaps on the flanks and a dire need for someone to carry the ball without running infield into trouble. You need to stretch a defence and deliver pacy crosses on the surface in conditions such as those last night. The way Fryatt and DJ played it was almost as if they were attempting to find bottlenecks on the pitch. I can't blame Matty too much though, as he was clearly out of position and overly eager to atone and find his rightful position on the pitch.

Porter and Odihambo should have been sent on once Kenton was stretchered off to inject pace into offensive positions, give the Stanley midfield something to worry about and provide respite for a makeshift defence.

Not getting on anyones back, just giving a realistic view of what play was like yesterday, we weren't very good and the assessment should show this. If we want another season like the last few lets accept performances like this.But he didn't have a good game!

i'm sorry, i didn't realise you were God Of All Opinion :doh:

don't know who you are - but i know thracian and i trust him, i know ultra is popular here but i've no reason to doubt his opinion and tommeh seems to know his stuff - they all rated him highly and that's good enough for me...

so until davieG says otherwise, i'm content that sheehan did OK.

don't know who you are - but i know thracian and i trust him, i know ultra is popular here but i've no reason to doubt his opinion and tommeh seems to know his stuff - they all rated him highly and that's good enough for me...

What personally? or just off here.

Have you ever seen a game that he has and had similar opinions. Or are you another that falls for the long words crap analogies and long posts.

Sheehan - 5 Not ready. Loan him out or something
Sheehan 5 - Never closes down the winger allowing all the time in the world for crosses to come in, did nothing going forward all he did was win a few aerial duels and complete a few passes, not impressed.
Sheehan - 6 -Nothing special, couple of good crosses.

No less valid than Thracian, Ultra and Tommeh.

What personally? or just off here.

Have you ever seen a game that he has and had similar opinions. Or are you another that falls for the long words crap analogies and long posts.

for my sins, personally...

sitting next to thracian at a game is a rollercoaster ride - for all his positivity on here, he is a nasty sweary critic at the game, he kicks (as far as is possible) every ball, and yes i have seen a game that he has and had similar opinions, it's not difficult - i can actually see past his linguistic style and appreciate the substance of his words, and i respect him for sticking to his opinions even tho there are loads on here who slag him of just to feel like they are TPH's mates.

mind you, the nicknames thing... :unsure:

I agree Thrac, Weso was the only outstanding performer on the night for us. You cannot really make a critical appraisal of Sheehan's performance last night. MA's tactics had him pinned back for almost the entire second period and watching MA he appeared to be consciously looking towards the right flank which to spearhead any attacks.

All rather worrying really given we had Bruno in that position last night. The fact we had no outlet on either flank gave Stanley the perfect incentive to drive at our full backs without the need to concern themselves with cover. The fact we still seemed to leave our full backs isolated was even more of a concern. I must have seen Stearman drift out of position and be caught ball watching 5 times in the 25 minutes he was on the pitch.

I was also concerned at how often we failed to block the final cross given our defensive emphasis - and we rode our luck given the number of soft free kicks (Stearman and Kish being the main culprits) we gave away. Set pieces are the great leveller.

I am not the greatest fan of Porter's, but last night would have been the ideal match for him. A slick surface, gaps on the flanks and a dire need for someone to carry the ball without running infield into trouble. You need to stretch a defence and deliver pacy crosses on the surface in conditions such as those last night. The way Fryatt and DJ played it was almost as if they were attempting to find bottlenecks on the pitch. I can't blame Matty too much though, as he was clearly out of position and overly eager to atone and find his rightful position on the pitch.

Porter and Odihambo should have been sent on once Kenton was stretchered off to inject pace into offensive positions, give the Stanley midfield something to worry about and provide respite for a makeshift defence.

Pretty sound, that. :thumbup:

No less valid than Thracian, Ultra and Tommeh.

of course not - the point was that sir fynwy seemed to dislike sheehan more than was fair...

i base my feelings on what the manager says and the people i trust, and it seems sheehan had an average game - and between ched's 6 and thracians 6.5, that seems vindicated, unlike this excessive bollockz:

The only thing?????

His tackling was none existant, his passing was woeful (hoof) and his shooting and crossing was useless (only involvement he had in the goal was taking a really bad shot in the build up).

When Stearman came on we had the hoof twins at fullback, neither could tackle or pass to save their life.

...and i was arguing that some fans are already getting on the players backs, not that sheehan is a god...

That's what I was referring to.

of course not - the point was that sir fynwy seemed to dislike sheehan more than was fair...

i base my feelings on what the manager says and the people i trust, and it seems sheehan had an average game - and between ched's 6 and thracians 6.5, that seems vindicated, unlike this excessive bollockz:

...and i was arguing that some fans are already getting on the players backs, not that sheehan is a god...

I wasn't getting on his back particularly, I call it as I see it and don't have a particular axe to grind (I don't love or hate him like others do on this forum!) he wasn't good last night but he wasn't the only one. Pointing out his poor performance was not'bollockz' as you say, try watching a match!

I wasn't getting on his back particularly, I call it as I see it and don't have a particular axe to grind (I don't love or hate him like others do on this forum!) he wasn't good last night but he wasn't the only one. Pointing out his poor performance was not'bollockz' as you say, try watching a match!

ok, just thought you seemed a little harsh, and you didn't mention anyone else...

oh, and i've been 'watching matches' since 1979, and was a season ticket holder until i moved to norway last year.... :rolleyes:

ok, just thought you seemed a little harsh, and you didn't mention anyone else...

oh, and i've been 'watching matches' since 1979, and was a season ticket holder until i moved to norway last year.... :rolleyes:

I was wondering what made you able to judge matches without being there, now it's obvious. :blink:

I'd love to see the team put out by the combined 'genius' of Thracian, Ultra and Valerenga!

why, so you could make some drab one liner, and sit back and watch a bunch of 12 year olds post emoticons next to your quote.

i mean, you don't know anything about my 'team selection', to be honest it would probably be 90% the same as 90% of every other person here, it doesn't take 'genious' to pick from what is available in the city squad just now, and based on 2 games, i don't even think i'd bother trying.

why, so you could make some drab one liner, and sit back and watch a bunch of 12 year olds post emoticons next to your quote.

i mean, you don't know anything about my 'team selection', to be honest it would probably be 90% the same as 90% of every other person here, it doesn't take 'genious' to pick from what is available in the city squad just now, and based on 2 games, i don't even think i'd bother trying.

No. Simply because the three of you don't have a clue between you!

Amongst all this banal nit-picking over how average Sheehan was (not to mention the playground taunting), this is actually one of the most sensible, informative posts.

A typically drab uninspired Leicester City performance in which no one particularly performed good or bad, except the 20 minute cameo by Stearman which stank, I'll give a 6 to Weso for the goal, 5.5 to Hendo for the save, although he nearly lost us the game a couple of times all the rest can have 5.

Archived