Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings at Accrington

I think the squad has some good players in it. Were just missing players in key areas. Like a creative midfielder and a whole left side. Hopefully when we have a settled side things will improve.

I think the squad has some good players in it. Were just missing players in key areas. Like a creative midfielder and a whole left side. Hopefully when we have a settled side things will improve.

I don't buy this 'creative' midfielder thing.

Weso, Clem and Kish all have enough about them to create chances at this level.

It might help if, like you point out, the flanks were stronger.

Well all 3 of them played last night and didnt create much. Weso scored to be fair but i didnt spot any creativity. Width is definately required.

Agreed, hopefully Kaebi will solve the right side when he is fit, so that just means we need a left winger

Henderson 7 - Kept us in the match with some stunning saves and to be honest it looked more like him vs Accrington 2nd half as no one turned up besides N'Gotty and McAuley.

Sheehan 5 - Never closes down the winger allowing all the time in the world for crosses to come in, did nothing going forward all he did was win a few aerial duels and complete a few passes, not impressed.

McAuley 7 - Aerially dominant and made some crucial tackles.

Kenton 8 - Was a rock at the back until he was sadly stretchered off, we seemed to look more voulnerable then as Stearman came on.

N'Gotty 7 - Composed and used his experience when needed against a tricky winger.

Fryatt 6 - Considering he was on the wing he held the ball well and kept possession but work rate left a lot to be desired, didn't look like scoring.

Clemence 5 - Disappeared second half but looked tidy in the first.

Kishishev 4 - Absolute shocker, couldnt hold onto the ball, couldn't pass it either.

Wesolowski 6 - The goal aside, he did nothing much, kept coming inside proving to Allen that he is not a natural winger.

Campbell 5 - Wasnt impressed, some neat turns but his miss after the ref blew for offside said it all.

Hume 6 - Did alright, kept hold of the ball and had a decent effort just curl wide of the far post.

Subs:

Stearman 1 - Just for that chest back to Hendo, otherwise he was absolutely dire.

De Vries 6 - Held the ball up and did the simple things when we needed it towards the end.

Odihambo 6 - Looked lively when he came on, looks like hes grown a bit too, should be in contention for saturday.

Overall: A fair first half where we played some nice football and should have scored more with the openings we had, just get the feeling its a question of fitness as to why we seemed to fade so quickly around the hour mark. I mean people just seemed to stop running and the midfield went for a kit kat. That kind of play won't save us on Saturday when we go to Palace. Allen needs to take the positives out of this and back it up with some proper wingers and bettering the work rate.

P.S: I'm still drying out, anyone else?

Good spot, thats one of them things that I hate about him the most. And one of the main faults that was on display against Crewe.

Its a bit worrying that we are struggling against these smaller teams isn't it?

I'd be more worried if we'd lost.

I am worried about where our goals are coming from, the only striker who has scored regular goals at a proffesional level in our squad hasn't looked himself for a long time.

Not that im too worried, 51 goals or less = Nintendo Wii for Manwell.

Without question.

Anyone up for a relegation league 1 party fun ride season again???

Duh Duh Duh We've got Matty Fryatt (on the left wing)......Oh dear... :unsure:

These are the decisions that are making me doubt, yes I know it was only a cup game against some shit side but Allen said he picked the team before individual players, so if he thinks Matty Fryatt is suddenly going to become the next Roberto Carlos I advise he stands in front of a large life size mirror and gazes into it, taking particular attention to what is reflected back at him, then maybe go for a cup of tea and a poo

Good spot, thats one of them things that I hate about him the most. And one of the main faults that was on display against Crewe.

Anyone marking too tightly in conditions as wet as last night would have been asking for trouble becuase and asking to be turned with no hope of recovery whatsover.

Accington did get some dangerous crosses in from both flanks but basically as a result of contriving two versus one situations where close marking would have been fatal. There was no help from anyone on the left flank and Sheehan was highly disciplined in containing attacks until assistance arrived from midfield etc.

That Sheehan showed little going forward was because he was quite clearly under instructions to remain defensive and, indeed, was left as central last man back for set pieces - when he might have been better used taking them but that's another matter.

Fact is we kept a clean sheet with a really unfamiliar defence on a night when MA apparently set out to get in front and stay there by containing the opposition rather than driving at them.

A clean sheet on a wet night when the forwards should have been rampant was a worthwhile achievement although, as I mentioned, Accington went so close with some central strikes and free kicks.

Henderson - 6 - Made some great saves, poor decision making.

N Gotty - 5 - Unlucky to be at right back.

Kenton - 7 - Would of made more sense to switch with N Gotty, played well until injured.

McAuley - 6 - Weak passing, good in the air.

Sheehan - 6 -Nothing special, couple of good crosses.

Weso - 6 - Still not a winger, when he drifted inside, he played well.

Kish - 5 - Missing for a lot of the game, steady when he was on the ball.

Clemence - 6 - Nothing outstanding.

Fryatt - 6 - Did ok considering out of postion, lacked final touch, or ball.

Hume - 6 - Linked up with DJ well, not enough though.

DJ - 5 - Should of done better with chances.

Stearman was fairly poor when he came on, looked a weak link for us.

Anyone marking too tightly in conditions as wet as last night would have been asking for trouble becuase and asking to be turned with no hope of recovery whatsover.

Accington did get some dangerous crosses in from both flanks but basically as a result of contriving two versus one situations where close marking would have been fatal. There was no help from anyone on the left flank and Sheehan was highly disciplined in containing attacks until assistance arrived from midfield etc.

That Sheehan showed little going forward was because he was quite clearly under instructions to remain defensive and, indeed, was left as central last man back for set pieces - when he might have been better used taking them but that's another matter.

Fact is we kept a clean sheet with a really unfamiliar defence on a night when MA apparently set out to get in front and stay there by containing the opposition rather than driving at them.

A clean sheet on a wet night when the forwards should have been rampant was a worthwhile achievement although, as I mentioned, Accington went so close with some central strikes and free kicks.

Nah nah nah I'm not listening.

Archived