Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings at Accrington

Henderson 6 (Almost cost us a goal then unquestionably preserved our lead with an acrobatic save. Not at his most convincing but still played an important role as a shot stopper.).

N'Gotty 5.75 (Was never going to be an attacking right back. Did his bit towards the clean sheet though.

McAuley 6 (Fairly commanding)

Kenton 5 (Injured after an hour. Steady til then)

Sheehan 6.5 (Part in the goal and comfortable in defence)

Wesolowski 7 (Goal and plenty more)

Clemence 5 (Never dominant)

Kishishev 5 (If he was there I cannot remember seeing him)

Hume 6 (Lively, got an assist, but not at his best)

Campbell 5 (Wasteful)

Fryatt (Selfish and off-target. Worst I've seen from him this season/close season)

Subs:

MDV 6.5 (Short appearance but so nearly gifted Campbell a goal)

Stearman 4 (Short appearance best forgotten)

Odhiambo 6 (Short appearance but showed enough to make me wish he'd played from the off)

Martin Allen 6 (Won the game, strange selections, too cautious) +1 for the win (+14 overall)

City fans 10 (330 mile round trip, some standing bare chested in the pouring rain, others just getting soaked and yet they never wavered. The songs just kept coming and the banter with Accrington goalkeeper Arthur had to be seen. There was even a song for a lone fan on buildings overlooking the ground ... who are you, who are you! :D

Shitty ground, forgettable game but still a cracking atmosphere.

Henderson 6 (Almost cost us a goal then unquestionably preserved our lead with an acrobatic save. Not at his most convincing).

N'Gotty 5 (Was never going to be an attacking right back. Did his bit towards the clean sheet though.

Campbell 5 (Wasteful)

Fryatt (Selfish and off-target. Worst I've seen from him this season)Subs:

Odhiambo 6 (Short appearance but showed enough to make me wish he'd played from the off)

Martin Allen 6 (Won the game, strange selections, too cautious) +1 for the win (+14 overall)

Ermm, competitively this season, thats all you have seen of him but otherwise Ill take your word for it :thumbup:

Henserson - 6 - brilliant saves one minute, liability the next

Sheehan - 7 - impressive and solid

Kenton - 6

McAuley - 6

N Gotty - 7 - covered excellantly, prefer to see him at cb

Wesolowski - 7

Clemence - 6

Kishishev - 5 - another poor performance - has really disapppinted me since his arrival

Fryatt - 7 - out of position but I thought he did ok

Hume - 6

Campbell - 6 - good link up play but looked nervous and out of sorts in front of goal

unconvincing but a win's a win, MA's 1st and something to build on

Henderson - 6. Strange game - some quality saves, but also some horrendous errors.

N'Gotty - 6. Ok in first half, went downhill badly in second.

McAuley - 6. As above.

Kenton - 6. Solid performance before being clattered by Hendo.

Sheehan - 7. Best display I've seen from him in a long time. Desrves the chance to make the left-back slot his own.

Kishishev - 4. Dreadful. Never settled at all, and also collected a needless booking.

Clemence - 5. Pre-season promise has faded rapidly.

Wesolowski - 6. Excellent start but later succumbed to the malaise around him.

Fryatt - 5. Never at ease in a wide role, poor touch cost him a goal at the death.

Campbell - 5. Tried hard, but still couldn't finish.

Hume - 6. Slightly off the pace but still our biggest attacking threat.

Stearman - 3. Elvis-style embarassment. What's wrong with him?

DeVries - 6. Offered more physical strength.

Odhiambo - 6.5. Pace and mobility showed example for more experienced colleagues to follow.

Hhhmmmmm...Doesn't seem too convincing lads???

Seems like Sheehan and Weso were good and the rest were average or worse???

Early days...it can only get better.....eh? :unsure::thumbup:

Henderson 6 (Almost cost us a goal then unquestionably preserved our lead with an acrobatic save. Not at his most convincing but still played an important role as a shot stopper.).

N'Gotty 5.75 (Was never going to be an attacking right back. Did his bit towards the clean sheet though.

Campbell 5 (Wasteful)

Fryatt (Selfish and off-target. Worst I've seen from him this season/close season)

Subs:

City fans 10 (330 mile round trip, some standing bare chested in the pouring rain, others just getting soaked and yet they never wavered. The songs just kept coming and the banter with Accrington goalkeeper Arthur had to be seen. There was even a song for a lone fan on buildings overlooking the ground ... who are you, who are you! :D

Shitty ground, forgettable game but still a cracking atmosphere.

So to sum up Sh8te game, we won (Suprise Suprise ) and no Mattock.....steady she goes :pirate:

Only thing that worries me about sheehan is pace.

The only thing?????

His tackling was none existant, his passing was woeful (hoof) and his shooting and crossing was useless (only involvement he had in the goal was taking a really bad shot in the build up).

When Stearman came on we had the hoof twins at fullback, neither could tackle or pass to save their life.

The only thing?????

His tackling was none existant, his passing was woeful (hoof) and his shooting and crossing was useless (only involvement he had in the goal was taking a really bad shot in the build up).

When Stearman came on we had the hoof twins at fullback, neither could tackle or pass to save their life.

Goodness me, I hope we are going to see some light at the end of the tunnel soon, I'm an optimist but the way we've started isn't convincing at all, we need to hit the ground running otherwise our fans will begin to get on the players backs and that will put pressure on Milan to act.

Goodness me, I hope we are going to see some light at the end of the tunnel soon, I'm an optimist but the way we've started isn't convincing at all, we need to hit the ground running otherwise our fans will begin to get on the players backs and that will put pressure on Milan to act.

There's an Optimistic Bus somewhere......get your name on it....Quick!!!

Theres not many of us left!!! :cry:

sounds like some fans are already on the players backs, unfortunately there are people here who just have it in for certain players. in this thread already, the first three reports gave sheehan a strong 7, then fynwy comes on and rips him apart :rolleyes:

it will also be interesting to see who is the first person to accuse thracian of bias towards sheehan, even tho ultra and tommeh have rated him higher????

sounds like some fans are already on the players backs, unfortunately there are people here who just have it in for certain players. in this thread already, the first three reports gave sheehan a strong 7, then fynwy comes on and rips him apart :rolleyes:

it will also be interesting to see who is the first person to accuse thracian of bias towards sheehan, even tho ultra and tommeh have rated him higher????

Yeah - but one of them was from Thracian who thought he played well in THAT game at Crewe?

You know - the one where he showed complete petulance, extremely rash tackles, awful distribution and zero concentration.

Yeah - but one of them was from Thracian who thought he played well in THAT game at Crewe?

You know - the one where he showed complete petulance, extremely rash tackles, awful distribution and zero concentration.

you couldn't resist this could you, thracian and ultra agreeing on sheehan having a good game...

sounds like some fans are already on the players backs, unfortunately there are people here who just have it in for certain players. in this thread already, the first three reports gave sheehan a strong 7, then fynwy comes on and rips him apart :rolleyes: it will also be interesting to see who is the first person to accuse thracian of bias towards sheehan, even tho ultra and tommeh have rated him higher????
Not getting on anyones back, just giving a realistic view of what play was like yesterday, we weren't very good and the assessment should show this. If we want another season like the last few lets accept performances like this.
you couldn't resist this could you, thracian and ultra agreeing on sheehan having a good game...
But he didn't have a good game!

Thracian reporting on Sheehan is like Soviet propaganda. If he had a good game, he had a good game but you'll never get just that from Thracian - it's always superlative after superlative because he was vaguely involved in a goal or helped keep a clean sheet against a League Two team. It's no wonder people are wary.

Odhiambo should start on Saturday alongside de Vries. Hume should be on the wing, if Allen can't find us a decent left or right winger. Fryatt shouldn't be anywhere near the wing, ridiculous.

Odhiambo did more in 4 minutes than Hume, Campbell and Fryatt did all game.

I'm not saying whether he did or didn't have a good game but you can't take Thracian saying that one of the youth teamers had a good game as meaning that they actually did.

Out of Thracian and Sir Fynwy, I know who's opinion I trust more.

Henderson -7. Dodgy but kept us in it.

N'Gotty - 5 Didnt like him at right back.

McAuley - 7 Solid(ish)

Kenton - 6. Not bad

Sheehan - 5 Not ready. Loan him out or something

Kishishev - 4. slow and kept giving ball away.

Clemence - 6 Good first half but poor in 2nd.

Wesolowski - 6 Scored, didnt do much else.

Fryatt - 6 Out of position. Shoooooot!!!!

Campbell - 5. Improvement needed

Hume - 5 Quiet.

Stearman - 3 Crap

DeVries - 6 Should of come on earlier.

Odhiambo -7 Looks promising.

Porter should of come on for Fryatt in my opinion. May have provided some much needed width in 2nd half.

Henderson -7. Dodgy but kept us in it.

N'Gotty - 5 Didnt like him at right back.

McAuley - 7 Solid(ish)

Kenton - 6. Not bad

Sheehan - 5 Not ready. Loan him out or something

Kishishev - 4. slow and kept giving ball away.

Clemence - 6 Good first half but poor in 2nd.

Wesolowski - 6 Scored, didnt do much else.

Fryatt - 6 Out of position. Shoooooot!!!!

Campbell - 5. Improvement needed

Hume - 5 Quiet.

Stearman - 3 Crap

DeVries - 6 Should of come on earlier.

Odhiambo -7 Looks promising.

Porter should of come on for Fryatt in my opinion. May have provided some much needed width in 2nd half.

I forgot Porter was on the bench, he should have started. He might not be a world beater but compared to Fryatt out wide it's a no brainer.

Thracian reporting on Sheehan is like Soviet propaganda. If he had a good game, he had a good game but you'll never get just that from Thracian - it's always superlative after superlative because he was vaguely involved in a goal or helped keep a clean sheet against a League Two team. It's no wonder people are wary.

The team won, thats his faviourate one for Sheehan.

I think MA has rumbled Porter though.

If it means playing Newton, Wesolowski or Fryatt on the left wing then he'd better un-rumble him and quickly. We have been absolute dogshit on the left wing in the first two games and if we don't buy someone in then he'd be better off getting Porter back in there than this ridiculous charade of picking anyone he can muster in front of him.

If it means playing Newton, Wesolowski or Fryatt on the left wing then he'd better un-rumble him and quickly. We have been absolute dogshit on the left wing in the first two games and if we don't buy someone in then he'd be better off getting Porter back in there than this ridiculous charade of picking anyone he can muster in front of him.

Without Hayes, who is questionable anyway, Porter is by far our best option on the left at the moment.

Henderson 7 - Kept us in the match with some stunning saves and to be honest it looked more like him vs Accrington 2nd half as no one turned up besides N'Gotty and McAuley.

Sheehan 5 - Never closes down the winger allowing all the time in the world for crosses to come in, did nothing going forward all he did was win a few aerial duels and complete a few passes, not impressed.

McAuley 7 - Aerially dominant and made some crucial tackles.

Kenton 8 - Was a rock at the back until he was sadly stretchered off, we seemed to look more voulnerable then as Stearman came on.

N'Gotty 7 - Composed and used his experience when needed against a tricky winger.

Fryatt 6 - Considering he was on the wing he held the ball well and kept possession but work rate left a lot to be desired, didn't look like scoring.

Clemence 5 - Disappeared second half but looked tidy in the first.

Kishishev 4 - Absolute shocker, couldnt hold onto the ball, couldn't pass it either.

Wesolowski 6 - The goal aside, he did nothing much, kept coming inside proving to Allen that he is not a natural winger.

Campbell 5 - Wasnt impressed, some neat turns but his miss after the ref blew for offside said it all.

Hume 6 - Did alright, kept hold of the ball and had a decent effort just curl wide of the far post.

Subs:

Stearman 1 - Just for that chest back to Hendo, otherwise he was absolutely dire.

De Vries 6 - Held the ball up and did the simple things when we needed it towards the end.

Odihambo 6 - Looked lively when he came on, looks like hes grown a bit too, should be in contention for saturday.

Overall: A fair first half where we played some nice football and should have scored more with the openings we had, just get the feeling its a question of fitness as to why we seemed to fade so quickly around the hour mark. I mean people just seemed to stop running and the midfield went for a kit kat. That kind of play won't save us on Saturday when we go to Palace. Allen needs to take the positives out of this and back it up with some proper wingers and bettering the work rate.

P.S: I'm still drying out, anyone else?

Without Hayes, who is questionable anyway, Porter is by far our best option on the left at the moment.

I thought Hayes did Okay when he came on V Blackpool.

Don't know why Porter is so much out of the equation at the moment.

He was one of the only highlights(if there were any others?) of last season

Archived