Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Our next 8 fixtures..

Watford (H) - Easily could lose this one - We'll need to be on top form to get the 3 points. I say 1 point

Plymouth (A) - I reckon they'll do us like they always do on their own turf - 0 points

QPR (H) - The only game coming up where I can see a win coming from - 3 points

Ipswich (A) - It's not going to be easy - 0 point

Charlton (A) - We could do them if we play well but we won't - 1 point

Stoke (H) - It will be same old Leicester throwing away a lead - 1 point

Wolves (H) - This one could either way - 1 point

Shef Wed (A) - They always seem to do us like plymouth - 0 points

That's 7 points in the next 8 games leaving us with 8 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

In an optomistic mood today then Collymore?

Watford will be difficult, but I think we could get the 3 points based on yesterdays performance.

As for the others you've mentioned above, I think we are capable of winning games on the day, and we are at least scoring goals. I dont see any more than 20 points on the board by the end of those games, and certainly no less than the 8 you've mentioned. I think the problem is that our potential is still largely an unknown.

Watford (H) - Easily could lose this one - We'll need to be on top form to get the 3 points. I say 1 point

Plymouth (A) - I reckon they'll do us like they always do on their own turf - 0 points

That's 7 points in the next 8 games leaving us with 8 points from 10 games which is relegation form.

Very pessamastic view, a lot of people thought we would lose yesterday and in the end we should have won.

I reckon we'll take about 15 points from those 8 games.

Oh FFS... :angry:

How the hell can you make ANY predictions beyond the next game?

We don't know what side Allen will put out, and probably neither does he.

It's impossible to say what form that side will show, or indeed the opposition.

Already we have seen many cases in this league of the form book being overturned - our game at Palace being one example.

We may do as badly as you suggest. But we could just as easily go on a winning run which would surprise and delight us all.

I note you omitted the Forest game from your "analysis" - surely you don't expext us to lose there?

If you do, then I will really be miffed..

We might as well give up and all go home now.

Lets not bother playing any more games. I mean, nothing unexpected could happened.

Take Palace away. We all know that we're garbage at Palace, and that we'll not got anything. We couldn't possibly play the game and be 1 minute away from winning it, can we?

Oh. Wait.

I think MA still trying to find his best team. Yesterday was an improvement on Blackpool and I expect us to improve further. In 8 games time we might well be potential champions.

I think we'll get more than eight points, all we need is for luck to run our way for a change. We have a stronger squad this year and can take Plymouth easily, we beat Ispwich at Portman Road as well, whats to stop that happening again?

I'd take a point against Watford but against all the teams we have to face that I'd regard as mid-table (Stoke, Plymouth, Ipswich etc) we need to pick up the points. Our home form also has to improve this year so that there is less pressure on the road.

What has been Leciester's main problems over the last few seasons?

• Not enough goals from the strikers

• Unable to hold on to a lead

• Losing against teams where you think it's a dead cert we're going to win

and the most commom one of all -

• trying to fot a square peg into a round hole -

We've had 2 games so far and already we've seen examples of all of these already with MDV being a very large square peg.

So you all call me pessimistic but there's nothing I've seen (or heard as I've not been to a game yet) that tells me we're going to do anything different to mid table mediocrity at best.

We've had 2 games so far and already we've seen examples of all of these already with MDV being a very large square peg.

So you all call me pessimistic but there's nothing I've seen (or heard as I've not been to a game yet) that tells me we're going to do anything different to mid table mediocrity at best.

or all of the above could be because of a lack of fitness.......the lotto numbers please?

the question is are we good enough? there is only one person that will be able to answer this is Martin Allen. all will be revealed in due course.

Watford (H) - Watford have started well but there line-up doesnt scare me. We`ll win this one - 3 points

Plymouth (A) - They hardly strengthened in the summer and again shouldnt be feared. We may win but I`ll play safe - 1 point

QPR (H) - Signed a few decent lads but Ben Sahar still injured. We should be too strong for these - 3 points

Ipswich (A) - Alan Lee in form but again they dont seem to have a team to worry about. I reckon we`ll do these - 3 Points

Charlton (A) - They have some decent players but have started slowly. I reckon they`ll just get the better of us in this one - 0 points

Stoke (H) - In form and top at the moment but that doesnt say much in this division. This one can go either way so i`ll sit on the fence - 1 point

Wolves (H) - One of the pre-season favs who lost their opener. They`ll cause us problems by I think it will be too close to call - 1 point

Sheff Wed (A) - Hammered on their opening game and just look like a weak squad, especially without Brunt. I think we`ll win this one - 3 points

I`m not that worried to be honest. There are some big names sides amongst that lot but many have weakened their squads so much in the summer that we should be looking to dominate some of them. All we need is to get the ball rolling with a win and the confidence will continue to grow and the other sides will be looking at us on their fixture lists and worrying and not the other way round as it is at present!

Oh FFS... :angry:

I note you omitted the Forest game from your "analysis" - surely you don't expext us to lose there?

If you do, then I will really be miffed..

TBH, Coming from SW Leicestershire Forest has never been a massive game for me. If it was Cov, now that would be a different matter.

It's nice to go on a cup run, but the fixtures around them are 1million times more important.

for the record, the game will go to pens and I'd be foolish to predict the outcome of that :)

no offense what so ever but thats a stupid prediction for the next 8 games! youve stated what used to happen when we played teams as in over the last few seasons! you forget we are a completely different side, ne wplayers new manager and new mentality! theres only 2 games gone, who know we could end up losing all those game or winning them all! you never know! fair enough they are difficult sides, especially watford but i think the equaliser rom palace might help give the players a kick up the arse!

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

MDV was generally judged as one of our better players against Blackpool.

Still, you obviously know far more about his performance than those who actually saw it... :rolleyes:

Allen's had precisely THREE matches in charge. Already he's got more out of a trip to Palace than either Levein or Kelly managed to do.

He's taking us in the right direction.

I'm quietly confident that if we can string a few good performances together the results will start to come. If we played like we did second half yesterday then I'd be confident of beating Watford. No doubt it'll be another tough game though. Saying that we'll probably go and win it.

or all of the above could be because of a lack of fitness.......the lotto numbers please?

the question is are we good enough? there is only one person that will be able to answer this is Martin Allen. all will be revealed in due course.

I remember a really excellent interview involving Micky Adams after another game where we had conceded in the last minute to lose.

He was asked "Why is Leicester struggling so much at the moment" He replied "Simple, the players arn't good enough, they weren't all on free transfers because they were good"

no offense what so ever but thats a stupid prediction for the next 8 games! youve stated what used to happen when we played teams as in over the last few seasons! you forget we are a completely different side, ne wplayers new manager and new mentality! theres only 2 games gone, who know we could end up losing all those game or winning them all! you never know! fair enough they are difficult sides, especially watford but i think the equaliser rom palace might help give the players a kick up the arse!

Well what you've just said there completely proves my point! I can predict the next 8 games because I know what happens when you have a new team, manager and mentality in quick succession

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

MDV was generally judged as one of our better players against Blackpool.

Still, you obviously know far more about his performance than those who actually saw it... :rolleyes:

Allen's had precisely THREE matches in charge. Already he's got more out of a trip to Palace than either Levein or Kelly managed to do.

He's taking us in the right direction.

He was judged as our best player against Portsmouth (which I was at) but I never wanted him to start against Blackpool!

So you're basically saying that you're happy with MDV starting games at the moment! Now I know why you want me to stop digging, so you can borrow my spade.

I've seen enough of MDV in my time playing like a sunday league footballer to be changed, sorry.

Well what you've just said there completely proves my point! I can predict the next 8 games because I know what happens when you have a new team, manager and mentality in quick succession

The team is forming well with probably 70% of it almost worked out and question marks over certain areas with competition being fierce. Arguably if Kaebi slots well into right-mid we only have one real questionable position which is left-mid so all is looking well for the next few weeks/months.

He was judged as our best player against Portsmouth (which I was at) but I never wanted him to start against Blackpool!

So you're basically saying that you're happy with MDV starting games at the moment! Now I know why you want me to stop digging, so you can borrow my spade.

I've seen enough of MDV in my time playing like a sunday league footballer to be changed, sorry.

Any fixture would be daunting at some point. The various Birmingham, WBA and Southampton with last year's team were dealt with reasonable show of strength at least looking at the results.

At the moment i think we should take it game as it comes rather than trying to predict the next 8 games...there's alot of factors to be considered, i.e. injuries, current forms, confidence and im sure they will take alot of confidence going into a home game at watford after a draw away to a palace side that battered southampton 4-1!

Not worried at all, think we are close to becoming a very good side. Couple more players in and the likes of Kaebi and COrt back from injury. Plus our team will be playing more like a team with every game! I am very optimistic, still have a lot of faith in MA!

Archived