Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Reading/Leeds Festival

Lucky b@stards, I was at V last week in the fooking rain and mud. The weather looks quite decent!!!

The weather was beaut.

Got back an hour or so ago, what a top weekend!!!

Feeling a little fragile though, ive never drank so much before. Country manor medium sweet is niiice.

Highlight for me has to be klaxons, was mental in there, people were breaking glowsticks and chucking the liquid over the crowd, it looked amazing.

Kasierchiefs (not a fan but!) classic.

Played under the name 'hooks for hands'. In the carling tent (where unknown or upcoming bands played.)

Not many people turned up until kaiserchiefs were heard playing their music, then the band could see loads of people sprinting towards the tent until it got overcrowded and a barrier had to be put up to stop people from coming in. But still people tried jumping the barrier. Must have been a classic moment for the people aready in the tent.

Kaiserchiefs said it was the best thing they've ever done.

This year was the worst line up for some time but the weather made up for it to some extent - The heat seemed to make the vodka stronger than usual so a lot of the weekend is a haze - The bands I remember are:

Friday

• MUNICIPAL WASTE - Hard work getting up and drunk that early but definately well worth it
  • Billy Talent - Would have been a lot better on Lockup stage but good to see them anyway
  • The Used - Better than I expected - Although I can't remember too much
  • Cancer Bats - Seem to remember they were OK but I was exceedingly drunk by then
  • Dwarves - Better than last time I saw them - And like someone said to me later - After about 4 songs you didn't notice that the guitarist was naked (apart from his wrestling mask)
  • Against Me! - OK but nothing special - And I was still very drunk
  • Cansei De Ser Sexy - Not as good as when I saw them last week - Partly because it was too crowded - I chose to watch CSS over NIN & Gallows
  • TURBONEGRO - The real reason I was there - Despite having a broken ankle and still being on crutches I was on the front row against the crash barrier - They were bloody excellent again (4th time I've seen them in last 3 months) - But they only got to play for 50 mins

Saturday - Didn't really happen for me - Started my day with my usual dose of vodka / red bull but then met up with some people from Sheffield and drank loads more vodka / red bull - Too much for me - I remember seeing Maximo Park's backdrop on the mainstage and then starting to white out - Somehow I got back to my van and crashed out - When I woke up I could hear Razorshíte on the main stage

Sunday

• Eagles Of Death Metal - Always enjoy a bit of dirty guitar riffing rock n roll
  • Nine Black Alps - Not bad but seem a lot more mellow than when I saw them 2 or 3 years previous
  • Angels & Airwaves - Absolute bollox - And I really expected them to be listenable
  • Bloc Party - Not my kind of thing but they went down very well

I gave up at this point as my foot / ankle was giving me some serious pain and I was freezing and I was still a bit hungover from Saturday - Hobbled back to my van - Woke up to the sound of chilli peppers - which just sounded like excessive guitar wanking??

Traffic management was appalling this year - It took us over 3 hours to get off the site and that was only because they eventually opened up a seperate exit route for the campervan field - Our friends who were in the main car park took over 5 hours to get out

• Billy Talent - Would have been a lot better on Lockup stage but good to see them anyway
  • The Used - Better than I expected - Although I can't remember too much

I watched these 2 when I lost my mates and couldn't get into watch simon amstell, not usually my kind of music but I thought it was pretty good, probably because it was live. I loved the used lead singer getting the crowd involved whilst I was watching from a safe distance near the larger bars :P

Did you see the lost prophets, was quality when they got a bloke fromthe crowd onto the stage and had a conversation with him for a few minutes lol

Did you see the lost prophets, was quality when they got a bloke fromthe crowd onto the stage and had a conversation with him for a few minutes lol

Didn't see Lost Prophets this time (Have seen 'em a couple of times before at Leeds & Pukkelpop festivals)

Anyone Know How Gym Class Heroes And Lethal Bizzle Were ?

Gym Class Heroes opened Leeds and were apparently brilliant. I caught a couple of minutes of Bizzle and he looked decent, wasn't too big a crowd for him though.

Reading was incredible. Got back yesterday evening, bought my tickets for next year this morning haha!

Kings of Leon

The Enemy

Reverend and the Makers

Pigeon Detectives

The View

Jamie T

LCD Soundsystem

Klaxons

Absolutely quality sets, loved every minute of the weekend :cool:

Oh, and Lethal B was immense at Reading, really got the crowd going :thumbup:

Reading was so friggin amazing this year, i met the twang at the signing tent, right good lads the lot of em. I don't care what anyone says i think they're brilliant one of the best bands around, especially live.

Highlights for me were:

The Twang

Interpol

Kings Of Leon

Jamie T

Tokyo Police Club

And Gallows bit heavier than what i usually listen to but they were absolutely amazing.

Loads of Cov fans at Reading this year tho :huh: not enough city fans. Also waaaaaaaay to many Welsh!

Reading was so friggin amazing this year, i met the twang at the signing tent, right good lads the lot of em. I don't care what anyone says i think they're brilliant one of the best bands around, especially live.

Highlights for me were:

The Twang

Interpol

Kings Of Leon

Jamie T

Tokyo Police Club

And Gallows bit heavier than what i usually listen to but they were absolutely amazing.

Loads of Cov fans at Reading this year tho :huh: not enough city fans. Also waaaaaaaay to many Welsh!

Yeah, there were too many Forest fans too.

I only saw two City fans, said hi to one of them, couldn't be bothered with the other.

Highlight of Reading was singing 'One Martin Allen' at one of the bars, there must have been at least 50 people join in. Class.

Archived