Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

Atmosphere

I was sitting one row from the back, with Tevez and co. Behind us was a father and his two kids. Absolutely nothing against them, their choice where to sit, but knowing me, i always like stand up at matches, where ever it may be. But, being the "kind lad" i like to be considered as, i kept sitting down, just for the little family. It annoyed me immensely, but i only sat down because the kids couldn't see.

My point is, either for the father and his two young kids to sit at the front, where they won't get bothered, or just sit in the family stand. They was good as gold, joining in the singing, going mad when we scored, but times like this, i hate to get bothered. It was just a shame i couldn't get back row, because it was taken. Anyways, as SUAS has said, and no doubt he will continue to say, bring back the terraces.

But look at it from the other side OE. That "little family" go to games with the expectation that wherever they go in the ground they should be able to see the game. Present legislation means that they should not need to sit behind people who are standing up.

But look at it from the other side OE. That "little family" go to games with the expectation that wherever they go in the ground they should be able to see the game. Present legislation means that they should not need to sit behind people who are standing up.

I suppose :unsure:

But my opinion of terraces still stands. :whistle:

I suppose :unsure:

But my opinion of terraces still stands. :whistle:

Don't disagree with you there at all.

However, as a father of an 8 year old desperate to get to matches it's a pain in the arse having someone in front of you who is standing up, trust me.

However, as a father of an 8 year old desperate to get to matches it's a pain in the arse having someone in front of you who is standing up, trust me.

Fair play. It's come from the horses mouth and i can not argue with it. :thumbup:

It's true E3 was quite quiet till we went 2 up but i was there singing my mouth sore yesterday (and am paying for it today. Worth it!) ALL game. There was about 10 of us singing the whole game and another 20 or so joining in sporadically from the back. This was the same right down the line at the back of the Kop and in the second half it picked up because of the quality of the football which made for a half decent atmosphere.

Was my first game this season and i chose E3 because i couldn't get in L1 and this was 2nd best option available. What im saying is if you don't like where your sat - move. This doesn't mean im disagreeing with what your saying because im not and your right, i'd much rather stand and sing all game because thats what footballs always been about for me im just saying that in order to not get kicked out move to where you know everyone will be standing. Makes sense to me.

I was with you, I think :S I was back row of E3. me & 2 mates were singin our hearts out and now paying for it today with sore throats.

Was worth it though ;)

Ive got a season ticket back row of E3 & stood for the whole of the 2 games played so far. Havent had any stewards giving me evils or anything.

I was with you, I think :S I was back row of E3. me & 2 mates were singin our hearts out and now paying for it today with sore throats.

Was worth it though ;)

Back of E3, i know i'm not LFF but, i was sitting there my self..well, NN, whereabouts was you situated in E3?

To be fair, its still wank, L1 - they can't even all stand!! There was about 150 standing in L & K, shocking. THey made a fair bit of noise, but it still needs sorting. It could be so much better!!!

yeah i was rather incensed when i was told to sit down by a couple of stewards after standing up for all of 20 seconds effin spoilsports what a day tho i was the extremely fat lad wearin black jeans a stripey top & some gay shades in Lblock row j too far forward to have enough fun :( i haven't met any one from fox talk anywhere yet :dunno:

can't wait for tuesday block x1 row y at forest get in :D

Sounds like it. Row NN Seat 169. You may well be with the lads who got quite a few songs going? Do i stand corrected?

Yeah that sounds about right matey. 3 of us who stood all game & 2 with shirts off.

SeasonTicketHolders there aswell so will try to start off more songs at the rest of the games & hopefully other people who want to create an atmosphere will join us aswell.

Yeah that sounds about right matey. 3 of us who stood all game & 2 with shirts off.

SeasonTicketHolders there aswell so will try to start off more songs at the rest of the games & hopefully other people who want to create an atmosphere will join us aswell.

:clap: God Send. Good set of lads you lot were :thumbup:

Cheers for the compliment ;) Forest & Plymouth away for us aswell. See you all back of E3 next home game then ;) Well its worth a try lol

Aye, Aye. It's possible i may go to QPR at home. Providing i have money. If so, E3 it will be :P

Aye, Aye. It's possible i may go to QPR at home. Providing i have money. If so, E3 it will be :P

Ah well played sunshine ;) There should be about 5-6 of me & my mates at the QPR game, hopefully others will join us aswell.

I was stood at the back of K Block as i have now migrated from the top of N Block to where there is meaningful atmosphere on a consistent basis, and i have to say that the atmsophere yesterday was superb and certainly one of the best i have heard at The Walkers.

The Kop were most vociferous from K Block and likewise L1 was very loud. I actually enjoyed yesterday and i thought the atmosphere was excellent. Those fans that are moaning that the atmosphere was nothing special are deluded as it is not every day that you hear the Kop so loud from the other end of the ground and all four stands contributing to songs and chants. My sister loved her day and is a Leicester convert.

Martin Allen i think certainky encouraged the vocal backing at the start and demonstrated that even he heard the chanting by the gestures and waves. Unless, he has the strongest pair of hearing aids, we must be doing a good job. I have never seen a manager salute the crowd so much!

I do agree that the music should be delayed another 5 seconds to allow for more jubilant celebrations rather than more of a dance routine. However, i think the song is great as seeing the Kop bounce looked brilliant. For those that still continue to moan at the atmosphere, yes it can be better. Anfield can be better. But for our stadium and what we are capable of, it was a bloody good start. Long may it continue.

It's not gonna happen. No government is ever going to agree to it. :(

That doesn't mean the club can't be a little more flexible about arrangements in the Kop, though..

:frusty: No Government? So what exactly happened in Germany?

SUAS - why are you not going to Plymouth ?

Don't fancy 12 Hours ON Fox travel.

I'de go if I was offered a lift, and I'de even consider fox travel if my mate wasn't having a rather good partay.

I'll still go if anyone's offering a lift *cough* Sheephead.

And no-one is argueing about that pal, it's choice. Give standers the standers area, give sitters a sitters area, its so simple the tw@ts can't do it! :@

What did happen in Germany?

They allow safe standing areas. They have seats and a standing area. Do people get hurt erm I think not.

****Stuff******

Dom, the atmosphere was alright second half, but so it should have been - we won 4-1. It should be like that everygame, not when we get out biggest win of the season. God forbid those who see us loose at home.

The German government doesn't have the legacy of Hillsborough to worry about.

Many of the families of those who died are convinced that it was terracing that caused their deaths. However misguided this point is, it is regularly repeated throughout the media whenever the proposal is made for "safe" standing areas.

It will take decades for their influence to fade, if it ever does.

And the police and clubs have their own reasons for the current situation to persist.

yeah i was rather incensed when i was told to sit down by a couple of stewards after standing up for all of 20 seconds effin spoilsports what a day tho i was the extremely fat lad wearin black jeans a stripey top & some gay shades in Lblock row j too far forward to have enough fun :( i haven't met any one from fox talk anywhere yet :dunno:

can't wait for tuesday block x1 row y at forest get in :D

i'm sure i seen you at half time just outside the toilets. i think you were drinking but i can't remember. :dunno:

Many of the families of those who died are convinced that it was terracing that caused their deaths. However misguided this point is, it is regularly repeated throughout the media whenever the proposal is made for "safe" standing areas.

It will take decades for their influence to fade, if it ever does.

And the police and clubs have their own reasons for the current situation to persist.

No they don't.

The hillsborough Tragedy Families (Or whatever the group's called) accepted that it was fencing that caused the deaths. Even the Taylor report doesn't mention standing as a cause of the death.

Thats just fcking stupid, it was the police's fault for not organising properly etc (But lets not go there)

It's common sense that standing, with the right planning & safety measures can be done safely. Why would an accident in one part of the world make it different for another?

Why Can Rugby fans stand?

Why Can people in League 1 and below stand on old terraces, yet fans in the leagues above cannot stand on a brand new safe standing area.

It's all part of the complete nanny state that we live in.

It may be besides the point a little, but at Plymouth, they had a standing area. That looked good. No troubles there or anything :)

:laugh:

So what do the lovely waynekerrs decided to do?

Oh yes, the government told them it wasn't safe & they have to close it.

:frusty: *(^$(($* £*%&£* :@

It will take decades for their influence to fade, if it ever does

This is the problem and by the time that happens, the quiet dissenting voices still calling for a return to terracing will have completely faded.

To the geezer above that said about Plymouth's standing area. My argyle supporting mate told me that would be closed this season because the time limit set by the FA to convert it to seating has passed.

Then there was a woman infront of me with the worst tash I've ever seen, made me want to be sick.

It took me ages to wax that. :angry:

The fact is that people moan about the atmosphere in the Kop, then sit there all game meaning that anyone daring to stand gets warnings or ejections left, right and centre because we get singled out so easily. Makes me sick. You can't create a decent atmosphere sitting down all game.

People are perfectly entitled to sit down at football games, I have no issue with that but there will be a lot of them who have moaned on here about the atmosphere and it really grates. Have a look at yourself.

I sit on the front row; tried standing, and got dirty looks from the new STH's. I can't wait until Daggers gets back from his hols.

If you don't like the swearing, the Family Stand is there for a reason. People from the Family Stand complained about language from N, so they cramped down on that.

Why do these people moan when they know the situation.

Part of that problem is caused by the pricing in that under 8s are now allowed in free anywhere in the stadium, hence they migrate to the KOP to be with the excitement unfortunately they misunderstand the cause of this excitement.

In my humble opinion, it's down to sensible parenting. As some of you know, I take my niece to games. It loves the atmosphere. But we don't hide it from the swearing; it's a part of life and the language, despite what some say (Read Chaucer, it's an eye opener). My niece knows what it can and cannot say, but it won't be sitting in some boring part of the stadium just because the grown ups are being naughty. This is one of the reasons that I feel the atmosphere is changing at games. (Don't tell the child's mother, but to be fair, I will be turning a blind eye to bad language in about 3 years time, which is when me and Uncle went to games (Uncle is my "baby" bro)).

The hillsborough Tragedy Families (Or whatever the group's called) accepted that it was fencing that caused the deaths. Even the Taylor report doesn't mention standing as a cause of the death

Why Can people in League 1 and below stand on old terraces, yet fans in the leagues above cannot stand on a brand new safe

I've read the cases, and could get into a lengthy discussion here. As SUAS says, not all the families are that blinkered.

Archived