Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

Atmosphere

lol

Make a formal complaint to FIFA Andy. You know it makes sense. If that doesn't work, I'm sure Good old Gordon Brown will take your letter into consideration.

I've done more than that pal, wrote to the government plenty of times including the bloke who runs the Conservatitives.

They're all tw@ts.

Although saying that David Cameron did say that he'd look into it if he got into power. Yeeeah right sure mate.

I've done more than that pal, wrote to the government plenty of times including the bloke who runs the Conservatitives.

They're all tw@ts.

Although saying that David Cameron did say that he'd look into it if he got into power. Yeeeah right sure mate.

lmao lol

You've tried your best.

Keep trying...

There are a number of groups which claim to speak for Hillsborough victims. And, like it or not, some of them vigorously resist any calls for a return to standing areas.

Ask yourself why Liverpool are not considering the incorporation of terraces into their new stadium.

The reason why terraces are allowed in lower leagues is generally because crowds are lower and therefore more manageable.

Rugby is a red herring because the culture at rugby grounds is far different, with none of the surging and swaying that used to be the norm at football matches.

Finally, I found this on Wikipedia..

Graphic television footage of the disaster was shown live on BBC Television's Grandstand as the tragedy was unfolding and this, along with the large number of fatalities, made an extreme emotional impact on the general British population.

Much as you or I might to see them return, the days of terracing in major English stadia have gone, in all likelihood for ever.

:laugh: :rolleyes:

I was given a ticket by my dad in the "kop" today, in the first half it was completly wank! It was awfull! I was sat next to a bloke with fooking binoculars, I mean wtf it's not cricket?! The bloke the other side of me was more unanimated than a snail, only moved when we scored.

Then there was a woman infront of me with the worst tash I've ever seen, made me want to be sick.

At the end of the first half I really felt disgusted to be a Leicester fan. I Either have to sit with these boring sods or some chavy cu^ts who smash seats and start on there own fans.

Sayin that, after we hit the woodwork twice the crowd livened up, mainly thanks to the small faithful at the back of E1 & F1.Which meant I could go home feeling proud to be a city fan, but we shouldn't need to win 4-1 to get the crowd going.

Oh and the Goal music, t'was alright, but that will be shit if they play it all year!

I probably made myself look like a right tit there, but to me - the atmosphere wasn't that good - 6/10 MAX.

haha i saw the man with the binoculars, block E2??

There are a number of groups which claim to speak for Hillsborough victims. And, like it or not, some of them vigorously resist any calls for a return to standing areas.

Ask yourself why Liverpool are not considering the incorporation of terraces into their new stadium.

The reason why terraces are allowed in lower leagues is generally because crowds are lower and therefore more manageable.

Liverpool are not considering it, because it's not allowed, simple as! Liverpool fans still stand so you have no case there.

The Hillsborough group I am talking about was a proper one, I remember a quote from one of the dads about the fences & not the Terraces.

And your claim above lower crowds is the same bollocks the government dish out, WE DONT WANT TO CHNAGE THE WHOLE FCKING STADIUM, we wont a small section of the ground 5-20% to be converted. So what is wrong about that, it is just as easy if not more easy to manage that an older terrace in the lower leagues.

Take a look at yourself Ultra, because your almost as bad as the tit's in charge.

Rugby is a red herring because the culture at rugby grounds is far different, with none of the surging and swaying that used to be the norm at football matches.

Finally, I found this on Wikipedia..

Much as you or I might to see them return, the days of terracing in major English stadia have gone, in all likelihood for ever.

I could get quite nasty here, but I won't.

Liverpool are not considering it, because it's not allowed, simple as! Liverpool fans still stand so you have no case there.

The Hillsborough group I am talking about was a proper one, I remember a quote from one of the dads about the fences & not the Terraces.

And your claim above lower crowds is the same bollocks the government dish out, WE DONT WANT TO CHNAGE THE WHOLE FCKING STADIUM, we wont a small section of the ground 5-20% to be converted. So what is wrong about that, it is just as easy if not more easy to manage that an older terrace in the lower leagues.

Take a look at yourself Ultra, because your almost as bad as the tit's in charge.

Look, don't get abusive just because I introduce a touch of realism into the debate.

The fact is, not ONE Premiership or Championship club currently supports the campaign for standing areas.

And at most if not all the modern stadiums, ours included, structural and gradient issues mean that even the conversion of small sections of stands is not feasible.

It may not be what you want to read, but it's the truth.

Look, don't get abusive just because I introduce a touch of realism into the debate.

The fact is, not ONE Premiership or Championship club currently supports the campaign for standing areas.

And at most if not all the modern stadiums, ours included, structural and gradient issues mean that even the conversion of small sections of stands is not feasible.

What you right is tosh!

Everton came out and said they want standing at their new stadium!

Other clubs, including our own are intrested in it as well, having attended parlimenatary debates.

True, There are issues on the gradient, but We are trargetting new stadiums, why the can't have them. But really you actually ARE as bad as the people in charge!

In my humble opinion, it's down to sensible parenting. As some of you know, I take my niece to games. It loves the atmosphere. But we don't hide it from the swearing; it's a part of life and the language, despite what some say (Read Chaucer, it's an eye opener). My niece knows what it can and cannot say, but it won't be sitting in some boring part of the stadium just because the grown ups are being naughty. This is one of the reasons that I feel the atmosphere is changing at games. (Don't tell the child's mother, but to be fair, I will be turning a blind eye to bad language in about 3 years time, which is when me and Uncle went to games (Uncle is my "baby" bro)).

You're right it is down to parenting unfortunately many of those with children don't know the first thing about parenting hence the complaints. This is also reflected in many other areas of social activity.

As it would be impossible to vet those parents entering the Kop we either live with their moans, which some people are struggling with or we ban the children which has the knock on effect of banning some of the stupid parents.

What you right is tosh!

Everton came out and said they want standing at their new stadium!

Other clubs, including our own are intrested in it as well, having attended parlimenatary debates.

True, There are issues on the gradient, but We are trargetting new stadiums, why the can't have them. But really you actually ARE as bad as the people in charge!

OK, I stand corrected. ONE club has expressed support. So what about the other 43?

Some of the clubs with older grounds could quite easily convert sections back to standing areas. That would give them an advantage over those who have moved to more modern venues and maybe don't have the same option.

It would be more beneficial to liaise with powers that be at each club to designate "unofficial" standing areas at each club. Perhaps fans could be given responsibility to steward those areas, instead of leaving it to goons from private security firms.

OK, I stand corrected. ONE club has expressed support. So what about the other 43?

Some of the clubs with older grounds could quite easily convert sections back to standing areas. That would give them an advantage over those who have moved to more modern venues and maybe don't have the same option.

It would be more beneficial to liaise with powers that be at each club to designate "unofficial" standing areas at each club. Perhaps fans could be given responsibility to steward those areas, instead of leaving it to goons from private security firms.

And Cardiff, I think.

What I find amazing is that clubs and stewards throw out fans for standing then actively encourage it when a goal is scored by playing that awful Chelsea Dagger.

And Cardiff, I think.

What I find amazing is that clubs and stewards throw out fans for standing then actively encourage it when a goal is scored by playing that awful Chelsea Dagger.

Indeed.

A point which should be made quite forcefully to Peter Jones.

there is no reason why we cannot be allowed to stand infront of our seats though, no-one has said they should be reomoved and replaced with terracing

everton are building a new ground so weather their current 1 could easily be reconverted is irrelavent

Indeed.

A point which should be made quite forcefully to Peter Jones.

Can the club ever win?? Everyone moans at PHG which after goals I thought sounded terrible, we get a decent tune to dance to and celebtate to and still they moan.

I'm sure the vast majority will agree chelsea dagger worked very well, but should have maybe been held for a couple of seconds allowing peoples natural celebrations.

Can the club ever win?? Everyone moans at PHG which after goals I thought sounded terrible, we get a decent tune to dance to and celebtate to and still they moan.

I'm sure the vast majority will agree chelsea dagger worked very well, but should have maybe been held for a couple of seconds allowing peoples natural celebrations.

Yep, I'm with you on that one. :thumbup:

Problem is, Tommeh, six million flies eat sh*t but that doesn't mean it tastes good.

Which makes me wonder why we need "goal music" at all.

Problem is, Tommeh, six million flies eat sh*t but that doesn't mean it tastes good.

At the end of the day it's mainly going be opinion even personal taste, may suit the under 25's not the over 25's :dunno:

I think the supporters reaction after the goals supported my opinion on the song, it was great to see the whole stadium all bouncing to the same tune.

It will be all the harder to create atmospheres of past days while the players run out to a version of the Post Horn Gallop more akin to a Woolworths Xmas TV advertisement, and the horrendously contrived goal celebrations to that abysmal music. What an embarrassing cringe that is..............let the fans enjoy the moment. It's as if they/we stop what is a natural celebration to join in with this pathetic spectacle.
Quite right Fezorolo. Can you imagine the celebrations after Steve Walsh's goal against Arsenal, Steve Thompson making it 3-3 against Swindon, or Steve Claridge's winner against Palace being interrupted by this modern bollocks. This, in my opinion, is the one singular thing which ruins match day atmospheres as clubs up and down the country pander to the this cheapskate modern pop culture.
And Cardiff, I think.

Do you think you've made your point yet? Each to their own and all that, but is this not overkill? :dunno::yawn:

Archived