Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

Atmosphere

sometimes you set your standards way too high.

Yesterday was the most enjoyable game at the walkers in the league for ages, only one that comes to mind is cov last year but that died down 2nd half and also brum

I'm not saying its not enjoyable, becasue it is, it can be enjoyable with 5 of you. I'm saying that if a ManU fan or Pompey or Sheff Weds fan came and was told of our so called "Amazing atmosphere" and it was like that, they'd think you need putting away. The'd laugh in our faces. What pisses me off the most is that so many people came on here after the Brum game last season and said how much they enjoyed the atmosphere & standing in the kop. I wonder how many of these have signed the petition on SUSD and how many of them join in with the cahnts when we're playing bollocks. We won 4-1, the stadium should have been rocking!

The thing is, it COULD be so much better, by simply switching the kop, but hey, lets not go there :rolleyes::cry:

I'm saying that if a ManU fan or Pompey or Sheff Weds fan came and was told of our so called "Amazing atmosphere" and it was like that, they'd think you need putting away.

I agree that the atmosphere at the walkers is in general complete utter shite but have you been to old trafford or hillsborough in the last few years? Because the atmosphere yesterday WAS better than the support of the home fans on my last visits to both.

The thing is, it COULD be so much better, by simply switching the kop, but hey, lets not go there

True, but there's PLENTY of grounds with good atmosphere where the away fans at the opposite end to the kop. Think people need to stop dwellin on this and get on with makin some noise in the current layout.

My heart wasn't in it once Mablo got chucked out. That c**t couldn't wait to have him out. I didn't think the atmosphere was anything special yesterday.

What I want to know is where all the people who were in E3/F1/F2 for the Birmingham game are now? Sat down all game, barely a peep until we went two up. And as soon as we score a few goals, the atmosphere is suddenly "amazing" cos a few people sing We Love You Leicester. Doesn't wash with me.

The fact is that people moan about the atmosphere in the Kop, then sit there all game meaning that anyone daring to stand gets warnings or ejections left, right and centre because we get singled out so easily. Makes me sick. You can't create a decent atmosphere sitting down all game.

People are perfectly entitled to sit down at football games, I have no issue with that but there will be a lot of them who have moaned on here about the atmosphere and it really grates. Have a look at yourself.

It's true E3 was quite quiet till we went 2 up but i was there singing my mouth sore yesterday (and am paying for it today. Worth it!) ALL game. There was about 10 of us singing the whole game and another 20 or so joining in sporadically from the back. This was the same right down the line at the back of the Kop and in the second half it picked up because of the quality of the football which made for a half decent atmosphere.

Was my first game this season and i chose E3 because i couldn't get in L1 and this was 2nd best option available. What im saying is if you don't like where your sat - move. This doesn't mean im disagreeing with what your saying because im not and your right, i'd much rather stand and sing all game because thats what footballs always been about for me im just saying that in order to not get kicked out move to where you know everyone will be standing. Makes sense to me.

It's true E3 was quite quiet till we went 2 up but i was there singing my mouth sore yesterday (and am paying for it today. Worth it!) ALL game. There was about 10 of us singing the whole game and another 20 or so joining in sporadically from the back. This was the same right down the line at the back of the Kop and in the second half it picked up because of the quality of the football which made for a half decent atmosphere.

Was my first game this season and i chose E3 because i couldn't get in L1 and this was 2nd best option available. What im saying is if you don't like where your sat - move. This doesn't mean im disagreeing with what your saying because im not and your right, i'd much rather stand and sing all game because thats what footballs always been about for me im just saying that in order to not get kicked out move to where you know everyone will be standing. Makes sense to me.

Two of them could quite well be Tevez and I, another, a friend of mine, who i came along with.

Yeah but why is standing 'aloud' in one place, but not in another - Good old English Common Sense there. :rolleyes:

Why can't we have a designated standing area? (not moaning at club in particular, just the FLA etc)

Yeah but why is standing 'aloud' in one place, but not in another - Good old English Common Sense there. :rolleyes:

Why can't we have a designated standing area? (not moaning at club in particular, just the FLA etc)

We did try in N Block in all fairness. Look where that got us :( Me anyways... :whistle:

I agree that the atmosphere at the walkers is in general complete utter shite but have you been to old trafford or hillsborough in the last few years? Because the atmosphere yesterday WAS better than the support of the home fans on my last visits to both.
Manure have a good home atmopshere, despite people saying they don't. At least 15'000 stand at each game for them as well.Hillsborough has a good atmosphere, at least the away fans can hear the home fans unlike our stadium. Go on a watford forum, ask what they thought of our atmosphere.
We did try in N Block in all fairness. Look where that got us :( Me anyways... :whistle:
:laugh: I meant an area where the club can accept standing.

Manure have a good home atmopshere, despite people saying they don't. At least 15'000 stand at each game for them as well.Hillsborough has a good atmosphere, at least the away fans can hear the home fans unlike our stadium. Go on a watford forum, ask what they thought of our atmosphere.

Geez I went to OT last season with my dirty red mate. There were DEFINITELY NOT 15000 standing, not sure I saw anyone standing apart from at the obvious points. From where I was sitting I could here bits and bobs of singin but no one around me was joinin in whatsoever. And at our game at Wednesday last season I could hear the home fans, but not really there 'kop', only the ones in the corner just to the left of our fans. Which I'd say is pretty much exactly the same as out L1/kop situation.

I'm not saying our home support is not SHITE but I know lots of fans of other clubs, especially ones with newly built stadiums, who say their atmosphere has fallen away similarly in recent seasons. That's not to say I think we should blame it on modern football and give up, we just need to try extra bloody hard to get things goin again.

Great atmosphere yesterday.

We could here the Kop for N - which is unsual

Shame N Block had its nail in the coffin though - but fair play to the 10 - 20 or us who gave it one last stand.

Saying that in N - there were more steward than fans but we could stand no problem.

It seems very strange that they crack down on standing in the Kop but no in N or L - Did Mablo get banned or something then?

SUAS - why are you not going to Plymouth ?

Great atmosphere yesterday.

We could here the Kop for N - which is unsual

Shame N Block had its nail in the coffin though - but fair play to the 10 - 20 or us who gave it one last stand.

Saying that in N - there were more steward than fans but we could stand no problem.

It seems very strange that they crack down on standing in the Kop but no in N or L - Did Mablo get banned or something then?

SUAS - why are you not going to Plymouth ?

N looked so bad it's laughable.

What astonished me at yesterday's match was the lack of enthusiasm shown by some so-called fans who were sat near me. :angry:

Let's put this in context... I was sat well into the top third of the kop - I was with a friend (also female) and we're both reasonably respectable-looking, i.e. neither of us look like we're about to start tearing up the chairs or screaming expletives at those around us (well, only on a Friday or Saturday night, but that's another story entirely!). However, 2 rows back from us some bloke and his missus (and, yes, they did actually have a flask and sandwiches with 'em) did nothing but moan whenever we stood up, even if this was only for a few seconds longer than they deemed 'reasonable' after the goal celebrations.

In front of us was a family with 3 young kids (ages 5-8, I guess) who did nothing but complain about the 'appalling' language in some of the chants. Now, this is a FOOTBALL match FFS, what do people expect? :banghead: Presumably, there's a family stand for a good reason, and there are much quieter places to sit for the folks that are VERY easily offended. However, because of people like this, the options for those of us who actually like and appreciate some noise/atmosphere are seriously limited. N block looked like a morgue; L1 looked ok from a distance (but is not an option if you're not a season ticket holder); the back rows of the kop were doing a sterling job, but were being watched by hawk-like stewards the whole time... there are no other 'decent' options, as far as I can see. :dunno:

Constantly, the atmosphere at home games is being spoilt by stewards who (albeit on the instructions of the powers-that-be) are too heavy-handed and a number of supporters who, quite frankly, should be going to watch tennis, golf or bowls (!!!) to find the quiet civility they're so obviously seeking. :@

And at our game at Wednesday last season I could hear the home fans, but not really there 'kop', only the ones in the corner just to the left of our fans.

It's becoming a common problem due to so many clubs having new grounds built.

Liverpools new stadium designers have identified the fact the noise does not carry and the kop will be designed to amplify the noise, thus creating more atmosphere.

Could we get the builders in!!!!!

I was sitting one row from the back, with Tevez and co. Behind us was a father and his two kids. Absolutely nothing against them, their choice where to sit, but knowing me, i always like stand up at matches, where ever it may be. But, being the "kind lad" i like to be considered as, i kept sitting down, just for the little family. It annoyed me immensely, but i only sat down because the kids couldn't see.

My point is, either for the father and his two young kids to sit at the front, where they won't get bothered, or just sit in the family stand. They was good as gold, joining in the singing, going mad when we scored, but times like this, i hate to get bothered. It was just a shame i couldn't get back row, because it was taken. Anyways, as SUAS has said, and no doubt he will continue to say, bring back the terraces.

I was sitting one row from the back, with Tevez and co. Behind us was a father and his two kids. Absolutely nothing against them, their choice where to sit, but knowing me, i always like stand up at matches, where ever it may be. But, being the "kind lad" i like to be considered as, i kept sitting down, just for the little family. It annoyed me immensely, but i only sat down because the kids couldn't see.

My point is, either for the father and his two young kids to sit at the front, where they won't get bothered, or just sit in the family stand. They was good as gold, joining in the singing, going mad when we scored, but times like this, i hate to get bothered. It was just a shame i couldn't get back row, because it was taken. Anyways, as SUAS has said, and no doubt he will continue to say, bring back the terraces.

It's not gonna happen. No government is ever going to agree to it. :(

That doesn't mean the club can't be a little more flexible about arrangements in the Kop, though..

What astonished me at yesterday's match was the lack of enthusiasm shown by some so-called fans who were sat near me. :angry:

Let's put this in context... I was sat well into the top third of the kop - I was with a friend (also female) and we're both reasonably respectable-looking, i.e. neither of us look like we're about to start tearing up the chairs or screaming expletives at those around us (well, only on a Friday or Saturday night, but that's another story entirely!). However, 2 rows back from us some bloke and his missus (and, yes, they did actually have a flask and sandwiches with 'em) did nothing but moan whenever we stood up, even if this was only for a few seconds longer than they deemed 'reasonable' after the goal celebrations.

In front of us was a family with 3 young kids (ages 5-8, I guess) who did nothing but complain about the 'appalling' language in some of the chants. Now, this is a FOOTBALL match FFS, what do people expect? :banghead: Presumably, there's a family stand for a good reason, and there are much quieter places to sit for the folks that are VERY easily offended. However, because of people like this, the options for those of us who actually like and appreciate some noise/atmosphere are seriously limited. N block looked like a morgue; L1 looked ok from a distance (but is not an option if you're not a season ticket holder); the back rows of the kop were doing a sterling job, but were being watched by hawk-like stewards the whole time... there are no other 'decent' options, as far as I can see. :dunno:

Constantly, the atmosphere at home games is being spoilt by stewards who (albeit on the instructions of the powers-that-be) are too heavy-handed and a number of supporters who, quite frankly, should be going to watch tennis, golf or bowls (!!!) to find the quiet civility they're so obviously seeking. :@

:appl:

This is the continuing problem with the Kop.

If you don't like the swearing, the Family Stand is there for a reason. People from the Family Stand complained about language from N, so they cramped down on that.

Why do these people moan when they know the situation.

:laugh: :rolleyes:

I was given a ticket by my dad in the "kop" today, in the first half it was completly wank! It was awfull! I was sat next to a bloke with fooking binoculars, I mean wtf it's not cricket?! The bloke the other side of me was more unanimated than a snail, only moved when we scored.

Then there was a woman infront of me with the worst tash I've ever seen, made me want to be sick.

At the end of the first half I really felt disgusted to be a Leicester fan. I Either have to sit with these boring sods or some chavy cu^ts who smash seats and start on there own fans.

Sayin that, after we hit the woodwork twice the crowd livened up, mainly thanks to the small faithful at the back of E1 & F1.Which meant I could go home feeling proud to be a city fan, but we shouldn't need to win 4-1 to get the crowd going.

Oh and the Goal music, t'was alright, but that will be shit if they play it all year!

I probably made myself look like a right tit there, but to me - the atmosphere wasn't that good - 6/10 MAX.

I suppose the atmopshere varied depending on where you sat then :thumbup:

Part of that problem is caused by the pricing in that under 8s are now allowed in free anywhere in the stadium, hence they migrate to the KOP to be with the excitement unfortunately they misunderstand the cause of this excitement.

Oldies and I'm one of them, although I do make a serious attempt to sing and stand choose the KOP because it's one of the cheapest places to watch the match other than being with loads of kids in the family section.

Two things they could do would be to have no concessions i.e juniors or seniors in the KOP, well maybe 16s to 18s or whatever it is these days. secondly if they also had sections of the East and West stands priced similarly to the KOP you'd probably lose the flask brigade.

This would mean you've got a Kop full of 16+ fans who in the main are the ones that sing and stand.

In addition I think moving the Kop is red herring, especially if the pricing structures remain the same; a vibrant noisy atmosphere wherever it is in the ground will have an impact, besides the sun in the Family end is pain in the arse.

:laugh: :rolleyes:

Then there was a woman infront of me with the worst tash I've ever seen, made me want to be sick.

I probably made myself look like a right tit there, but to me - the atmosphere wasn't that good - 6/10 MAX.

No wonder the atmosphere was so bad, instead of free flags they should provide every woman with a razor, shaving gel and some shaving balm - then you'd really see the stadium rocking lol

No wonder the atmosphere was so bad, instead of free flags they should provide every woman with a razor, shaving gel and some shaving balm - then you'd really see the stadium rocking lol

Yeah, I agree, it'd make all the difference :whistle:. In fact, I'll happily bring waxing strips along to the next game. :unsure:

Now then, form an orderly line... it won't hurt a bit. I promise!!! :devil::teehee:

I'm not saying its not enjoyable, becasue it is, it can be enjoyable with 5 of you. I'm saying that if a ManU fan or Pompey or Sheff Weds fan came and was told of our so called "Amazing atmosphere" and it was like that, they'd think you need putting away. The'd laugh in our faces. What pisses me off the most is that so many people came on here after the Brum game last season and said how much they enjoyed the atmosphere & standing in the kop. I wonder how many of these have signed the petition on SUSD and how many of them join in with the cahnts when we're playing bollocks. We won 4-1, the stadium should have been rocking!

The thing is, it COULD be so much better, by simply switching the kop, but hey, lets not go there :rolleyes::cry:

Tbh after reading about what other people say about the Kop i.e. standing, stewards, flask brigade etc. I fully understand what your saying.

But for me I don't see it from your perspective, in L1 and even a bit of K too about 300 odd all standing and singing, it os very good.

And if I was in the kop where I used to be a few years ago on the back 10 rows and people behind me were moaning for standing and stewards were too I'd be well and truely pissed off as also. I think i'm like many on here I just cannot fully enjoy a football match home or away, sitting down.

Archived