Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Server time

Just wondered is it a software issue or a server issue that the time is an hour behind.

I'm guessing that the software gets the time from the server settings.

Not a big problem, but just something i noticed.

the time is correct on mine, unless i live my life an hour lower than i should?!

untitled-13.jpg

Just wondered is it a software issue or a server issue that the time is an hour behind.

I'm guessing that the software gets the time from the server settings.

Not a big problem, but just something i noticed.

You change your time setting somewhere in your profile.

The time was an hour behind for some reason when I tried to log in from a PC that didn't initially sign me in automatically. Once I put the username in the time went back to normal. Maybe the hour behind only appears when logging in and then corrects itself?

Without being logged in, I make the forum time 11:07pm - that's GMT.

The time in the UK at present is 00:07am - BST.

Therefore, it seems obvious that the default time doesn't have daylight savings time enabled, whereas most people's profiles sets daylight savings automatically. It certainly has for me... it says it's 7:08pm now. :)

Without being logged in, I make the forum time 11:07pm - that's GMT.

The time in the UK at present is 00:07am - BST.

Therefore, it seems obvious that the default time doesn't have daylight savings time enabled, whereas most people's profiles sets daylight savings automatically. It certainly has for me... it says it's 7:08pm now. :)

What is BST?

Archived