Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

Kisnorbo

That doesn't necessarily mean he's the best choice. Being a captain is about leading by example, being someone others can look towards.

Besides, it's always hard to judge correctly who should be captain without knowing the players personally.

A very good point but i reckon we need a steve walsh kinda captain or Matty Elliot captain. A defender who wears his heart on his sleave and get stuck right in.

I seen Stearman play at centre midfield against hinckley ... Looked like a lost child.

He played centre-back with Kenton and the two of them almost controlled the backline, restricting the big Lincoln forwards to long range potshots from well outside the area. Lincoln goals tally - zero. And I doubt they had more than four or five shots on target, none of which really threatened a goal.

Are you Kissa's brother or something?

Kissa was are best player last year.

Kissa's distribution was woeful for most of last year. I've rarely known a player do so much good work then give the ball away by ignoring the simple pass.

His goals were his redeeming feature.

Yes there's no doubt Kisnorbo, McAuley and Hume were the three main choices for best player last season but in a woeful Leicester City side, in fact quite possibly the worst I've seen here in 50 years.

He played centre-back with Kenton and the two of them almost controlled the backline, restricting the big Lincoln forwards to long range potshots from well outside the area. Lincoln goals tally - zero. And I doubt they had more than four or five shots on target, none of which really threatened a goal.

Are you Kissa's brother or something?

We where playing the mite of Lincoln ... Did you see how well Kenton played at forest ?! I just reckon playing kids at the back is a huge mistake. Sheenan against Crewe look way out his depth and Stearman hasn't ever impressed like kissa has (Not Gay).

I am kissa hero btw.

Kissa's distribution was woeful for most of last year. I've rarely known a player do so much good work then give the ball away by ignoring the simple pass.

His goals were his redeeming feature.

Yes there's no doubt Kisnorbo, McAuley and Hume were the three main choices for best player last season but in a woeful Leicester City side, in fact quite possibly the worst I've seen here in 50 years.

You didn't see the side 77-78 then ?

We where playing the mite of Lincoln ... Did you see how well Kenton played at forest ?! I just reckon playing kids at the back is a huge mistake. Sheehan against Crewe look way out his depth and Stearman hasn't ever impressed like kissa has (Not Gay).

I am kissa hero btw.

:laugh: How long ago?

Oh yea because he's been setting the league alive since ... :rolleyes:

Sheehan is still a young, relatively inexperienced player. He has much to learn and seems to be trying to learn it.

Yet he still has the best record of first team results in the club of any player with more than 10 matches to his name and his presence has coincided with our conceding less than a goal a game when historically, for a long time, it has been more than a goal a game.

Before you bleat on about him, check the results of the games he's played and tell me how many we've lost. And how many clean sheets we've kept cos that's above average too.

i can't remember him having a bad game at the back since he started playing there over 2 and half years ago along with the fact there are alot of crap defenders in the championship. To be that consistant makes me think he is. He gets man of the match nearly every week is well.

IMO he is one of the best 2/3 defenders in the league. I have never seen anybody of his height that capable in the air. He is absolutely vital to our team. If we lose him, we're fooked

Who's better at the club? Gareth 'Toblerone Head' McAuley? Bruno 'I used to be brilliant and now I'm ok but really my time has gone' N'Gotty? Alan 'Top of the morning' Sheehan? James 'As yet unproven at this club' Chambers? Richard 'I've got a porsche I'm not entirely deserving of' Stearman?

Give over - Kisnorbo is by far and away the best defender at this football club. I've seen him have about 2 bad games since he moved to CB.

I genuinely could not name 5 better defenders in this division. I'm struggling to think of 3.

Who's better at the club? Gareth 'Toblerone Head' McAuley? Bruno 'I used to be brilliant and now I'm ok but really my time has gone' N'Gotty? Alan 'Top of the morning' Sheehan? James 'As yet unproven at this club' Chambers? Richard 'I've got a porsche I'm not entirely deserving of' Stearman?

Give over - Kisnorbo is by far and away the best defender at this football club. I've seen him have about 2 bad games since he moved to CB.

I genuinely could not name 5 better defenders in this division. I'm struggling to think of 3.

For starters, yes, Gareth 'Toblerone Head' (:blink:) McAuley is a better defender in general. Possibly Bruno from what I've seen so far.

For starters, yes, Gareth 'Toblerone Head' (:blink:) McAuley is a better defender in general. Possibly Bruno from what I've seen so far.

I'd like to know what you mean - 'in general'? That sounds like the words of someone who has an opinion but isn't sure that he has any concrete evidence with which to back it up.

Kisnorbo is quicker than McAuley. He is better in the air than McAuley (unbelievable given that he's 4/5 inches shorter). Against Watford, he marked King out of the game - who was given the job of marking King? Oh, that's right, KISNORBO. Because he is better than McAuley.

I'll give you that McAuley is a better tackler though.

And 'toblerone head' refers to the fact that when McAuley heads the ball, it squirts off at all kinds of crazy angles, much like it would if his head was a triangle, which is the shape of a toblerone. When Kisnorbo heads a football, it goes out and up every time. When GM heads it, it's pretty much pot luck.

Okay, so who is the best defender(s) in this league?

Surely, Kisnorbo has to be up there with the best of this division. Granted, his lack of concentration at times are bloody frustrating and his ball distribution should improve but in terms of defending he is top notch. His tackles are usually good, he's not particularly slow and his aerial abilities are quite spectacular to say the least.

Archived