Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

Kisnorbo

I'd like to know what you mean - 'in general'? That sounds like the words of someone who has an opinion but isn't sure that he has any concrete evidence with which to back it up.

Kisnorbo is quicker than McAuley. He is better in the air than McAuley (unbelievable given that he's 4/5 inches shorter). Against Watford, he marked King out of the game - who was given the job of marking King? Oh, that's right, KISNORBO. Because he is better than McAuley.

I'll give you that McAuley is a better tackler though.

And 'toblerone head' refers to the fact that when McAuley heads the ball, it squirts off at all kinds of crazy angles, much like it would if his head was a triangle, which is the shape of a toblerone. When Kisnorbo heads a football, it goes out and up every time. When GM heads it, it's pretty much pot luck.

So Kisnorbo has a toblerone boot then! I wonder was was causing all his misplaced passes :)

So Kisnorbo has a toblerone boot then! I wonder was was causing all his misplaced passes :)

Kissa plays the ball out of our defence though, unlike McAuley who just hoofs it up to a man who can't win a header. Also kissa can take the ball down on his chest and then pass it ... Never seen McAuley do that before.

Kissa plays the ball out of our defence though, unlike McAuley who just hoofs it up to a man who can't win a header. Also kissa can take the ball down on his chest and then pass it ... Never seen McAuley do that before.

:laugh:

So Kisnorbo doesn't hoof it all the time?

:doh:

Kisnorbo's distrubution is quite woeful for a defender of his abilities. McAuley is better at that. Kisnorbo wins more headers, despite being several inches shorter than McAuley. They both fairly good tackles but Kisnorbo scores vital goals for us.

If I had to chose one, I'd chose Kisnorbo.

I personally don't think there is too much to choose between them they both have strengths and weaknesses, but to suggest that McAuley hoofs and Kisnorbo passes is laughable.

I was one of the few people that saw something in Kisnorbo when he was playing in midfield when virtually everyone was calling for his head but passing was never one of his strong points and if anything stops him playing at a higher level that will be it.

Why are so many criticizing Kissa for ? He is a solid defender and is ONE of the best defender in the league in my eyes. Yet when somebody on here slags of De Vries they get the whole ... Get off his back and YOU obvious you didn't go to the game.

Curtis Davies used to be before he ****ed off to Villa.

Yes, Curtis Davies and possibly Dean Leacock before the sheeps got promoted.

I can't think of any others but maybe Im being biased.

Quite a few good players left the Championship like Davies, McShane and Baird so some of our defenders have definitely shot up the list as amongst the best but I don't think Kisnorbo is the best at defending. He has s decent all round game and is great at set-pieces but i think McAuley is slightly better than Kissa at an out and out defender.

The weird thing for me was to try and name 5 better centre-halves than Kisnorbo who don't play for us. I cant think of many real quality centre-backs in this division. Can anyone list 5 better than Kisnorbo?? Its not easy!

Quite a few good players left the Championship like Davies, McShane and Baird so some of our defenders have definitely shot up the list as amongst the best but I don't think Kisnorbo is the best at defending. He has s decent all round game and is great at set-pieces but i think McAuley is slightly better than Kissa at an out and out defender.

The weird thing for me was to try and name 5 better centre-halves than Kisnorbo who don't play for us. I cant think of many real quality centre-backs in this division. Can anyone list 5 better than Kisnorbo?? Its not easy!

At the end of the day, we watch Kisnorbo week in week out so of course our view is going to be biased. I'm sure there is other teams saying their defender is the best in the division, because they don't regularly watch other teams.

At the end of the day, we watch Kisnorbo week in week out so of course our view is going to be biased. I'm sure there is other teams saying their defender is the best in the division, because they don't regularly watch other teams.

True. Kisnorbo is hardly high profile but is a current International so will be a bit more well known over the last 6 months.

True. Kisnorbo is hardly high profile but is a current International so will be a bit more well known over the last 6 months.

Hopefully starts tommorrow against the Argentin's would love to see him up against the likes of Messi and Tevez to see how he goes.

I don't get to see too many games to be honest but I would pressume he would have to be up there in the top couple on current form.

Name 9 better mate! Thats the thing, as average (maybe above average) as Kisnorbo is, a lot of teams haven't got many better.

Darren Purse

Danny Mills

Madjid Bougherra

Sam Sodje

Elliot Ward

Graham Alexander

Bruno N'Gotty

Gary Naysmith

Chris Morgan

Frankie Simek

Jay DeMerit

Paul Robinson

Leon Barnett

Neil Clement

I'd say those above are every bit as good as Kisnorbo, other than Paddy scores more goals than most of them.

Darren Purse

Danny Mills

Madjid Bougherra

Sam Sodje

Elliot Ward

Graham Alexander

Bruno N'Gotty

Gary Naysmith

Chris Morgan

Frankie Simek

Jay DeMerit

Paul Robinson

Leon Barnett

Neil Clement

I'd say those above are every bit as good as Kisnorbo, other than Paddy scores more goals than most of them.

Yep. Would add Kilgallon and Shittu to that list.

Archived