Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Spotted at the Reserves

Brian Laws - The Sheff Wed manager.

John Carver - Currently Luton Town assistant under Kevin Blackwell. Of course spent many years at Newcastle under Bobby Robson.

Ian Atkins - Not currently in a job i believe. He's a lower league journey man anyway.

Most likely on scouting missions. There seemed to be quite a few visitors, so anymore for anymore?

I was sitting the row in front of them, apart from Laws who was sitting elsewhere, perhaps with Mandaric? :D

Brian Laws, despite the current woes of his club, did do an excellent job last season, and was good for scunny aswell.

So your saying you wouldn't mind him as the gaffer at city?

Well, i was really impressed by the attacking nature of last seasons Sheff Wed side, especially away from home. He very nearly got them into the play offs aswell. His record at Scunny was also pretty impressive, so i'd say i wouldn't mind him. Why Sheff Wed are doing so badly this season though i don't know.

I suppose he would be better than Roeder or Sturrock. But I would be better than those two.. :unsure:

Yeh, considering some of the names flying around he'd be a real blessing.

Laws seemed to be at the game with some children aswell, which made me think. They may not have been his and just happend to be walking next to him, but if they were, well, interesting.

Brian Laws is a good boss. Sheff Wednesday are a decent enough (big) club though and seemingly on the up. Seems quite safe in his job so not sure why he'd trade that in for a club with a mad owner and the most difficult to satisfy fan base in the world.

Is his job that safe, he's had a terrible start to the season and his position already looks frail"""

Brian Laws is a good boss. Sheff Wednesday are a decent enough (big) club though and seemingly on the up. Seems quite safe in his job so not sure why he'd trade that in for a club with a mad owner and the most difficult to satisfy fan base in the world.
Is his job that safe, he's had a terrible start to the season and his position already looks frail"""

Wednesday are the club that sacked Sturrock just a few weeks after he signed a lovely new four year contract to manage them. :ermm:

They are very unlikely to sack Laws in my opinion.

Look at the trouble we're having in finding a decent manager...

Are we actually having trouble finding a decent manager though? The media always link clubs of our stature with the dregs of the managerial society because they have no inside info at the time. We have been linked with Peter Reid and Gary Megson for the past 3 managerial appointments, every time he's been classed as one of the favourites from the off.

I rarely ever believe any managerial rumour that comes from the media until the club get's to the final stages of their interview/selection process.

For all we know, Mandaric could be on the trail of a decent manager, just that the media haven't got wind of it. They rarely do, they didn't even know we were after Allen until a day or two before we appointed him.

Are we actually having trouble finding a decent manager though? The media always link clubs of our stature with the dregs of the managerial society because they have no inside info at the time. We have been linked with Peter Reid and Gary Megson for the past 3 managerial appointments, every time he's been classed as one of the favourites from the off.

I rarely ever believe any managerial rumour that comes from the media until the club get's to the final stages of their interview/selection process.

For all we know, Mandaric could be on the trail of a decent manager, just that the media haven't got wind of it. They rarely do, they didn't even know we were after Allen until a day or two before we appointed him.

I wouldn't say we're not after a good manager, just that we will struggle to attract one.

I wouldn't say we're not after a good manager, just that we will struggle to attract one.

Timing is everything though. Maybe if we wait a few weeks the likes of Davies, Burley, Jewell, Coleman and others would be realistic possibilities. Im not too sure that the timing is great at present as the season has only just started and the axe wont be falling on some managers for a good for weeks yet.

Lets all buy ginger wigs as it`ll end up being someone like Megson.

14262_Annie_Wig.jpgp_354.jpg

Shall we develop acne, stop washing, spout phrases from Little Britain every 5 minutes, become fat and develop an annoying laugh while we're at it?

I mean - how odious are we attempting to become?

The Skys the limit lol

Archived