Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

OI DAGGERS (topic formerly known as 'lookydo')

I'm keen to get into Linux... it's an interesting concept.

I fear, however, that the hardware in my possession at the minute will all be a collective hunk of shit as far as Linux is concerned. I wouldn't risk trying it on my rather powerful laptop because I live by wireless, so any distro would have to be 802.11b/g wireless capable from the go... with WPA encryption, to boot. I also doubt any distro's ability to support my sound and video cards properly... I'm not aware of drivers for either said pieces of equipment that would work for Linux... There'd be no point having such a flash machine if the bits that make it flash aren't going to be fully supported. :ermm:

I might have to purchase a simpler laptop to experiment with Linux on... or wait until I find a distro that won't be a bastard about my hardware.

I'll probably just end up installing Vista Business on this laptop, though. Not yet... not until I'm sure Vista won't be a bastard about my hardware... ;):ph34r:

Sabayon.

With Vista Business my internal wireless card wouldn't work - nor would my plugandplay flash card reader. In the end I bought an external USB aerial to get wireless running.

Ubuntu was nice - but required a stack of configuring...and isn't set up for nVidia cards in the main. Not only that but the wiki will reveal a host of conflicts with hardware across the board - and both my internal wireless and external wireless failed my best efforts to get them up and running.

I ran Sabayon from the disk - and everything either worked straight away or did after a short time. The wireless worked from the off and the 3D graphics ability of the card was recognised straight away...I am knocked for six by how stunningly good looking this desktop is. It's SO cool.

Give the DVD a spin :thumbup:

Sabayon.

With Vista Business my internal wireless card wouldn't work - nor would my plugandplay flash card reader. In the end I bought an external USB aerial to get wireless running.

No thank you! :|:P

Ubuntu was nice - but required a stack of configuring...and isn't set up for nVidia cards in the main. Not only that but the wiki will reveal a host of conflicts with hardware across the board - and both my internal wireless and external wireless failed my best efforts to get them up and running.

That sounds exactly like the catalogue of errors I was hoping to avoid. lol

My card's nVidia, too... :whistle:

I ran Sabayon from the disk - and everything either worked straight away or did after a short time. The wireless worked from the off and the 3D graphics ability of the card was recognised straight away...I am knocked for six by how stunningly good looking this desktop is. It's SO cool.

I've never heard of it.

But then I'm hardly the most attentive OSwatcher... so it's not surprising. I might just give it a spin. :cool:

Sabayon.

I didn't understand ANY of that....

capture2wc7.jpg

...but thought that was very funny :D

What does that say about me.. :unsure:

I didn't understand ANY of that....

Sabayon. С делом vista моя внутренне беспроволочная карточка не работала бы - ни не а бы мой plugandplay внезапный читатель карточки. В конце я купил внешнюю антенну usb для того чтобы получить беспроволочный ход. Ubuntu было славно - но после того как оно потребовано стог устанавливать... и не установлено вверх для карточек nVidia в основе. Not only то но wiki покажут хозяина конфликтов с оборудованием через доску - и и мой внутренне беспроволочный и внешний радиотелеграф потерпел неудачу мои самые лучшие усилия получить их up and running. Я побежал Sabayon от диска - и всего или работаемого straight away или сделал после короткийа срок. Радиотелеграф работаемый от и графики, котор 3D способность карточки считала straight away... мной постучаны для 6 как stunningly хорошо смотреть этот desktop. Оно НАСТОЛЬКО холодн. Дайте DVD закрутку thumbsup.gif

That any clearer? :D

Sabayon. С делом vista моя внутренне беспроволочная карточка не работала бы - ни не а бы мой plugandplay внезапный читатель карточки. В конце я купил внешнюю антенну usb для того чтобы получить беспроволочный ход. Ubuntu было славно - но после того как оно потребовано стог устанавливать... и не установлено вверх для карточек nVidia в основе. Not only то но wiki покажут хозяина конфликтов с оборудованием через доску - и и мой внутренне беспроволочный и внешний радиотелеграф потерпел неудачу мои самые лучшие усилия получить их up and running. Я побежал Sabayon от диска - и всего или работаемого straight away или сделал после короткийа срок. Радиотелеграф работаемый от и графики, котор 3D способность карточки считала straight away... мной постучаны для 6 как stunningly хорошо смотреть этот desktop. Оно НАСТОЛЬКО холодн. Дайте DVD закрутку thumbsup.gif

That any clearer? :D

Aah! Much better thanks :thumbup:

You see I was trying to work out why eggs were needed in a computer..

Ingredients: Serves 4

3 egg yolks

15 ml/1 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar

150 ml Marsala

1.5 ml vanilla essence (extract)

Method:

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisk over a gentle heat with an electric beater until thick and frothy. Do not boil. Serve immediately.

A simple Sabayon sauce!

Get the latest Ubuntu, if wifi doesnt work out the box (not sure if it does on the latest version) then get an NDIS wrapper and look at how to get it working by googling. If you fail at getting it working maybe it would be best to not give linux a go in the first place, however if you do then you'll be almost virus and spyware free with a sexy desktop too lol. You could always set up a dual boot system so that if linux doesnt work you can go back into windows delete the partition and reclaim you disk space.

Get the latest Ubuntu, if wifi doesnt work out the box (not sure if it does on the latest version) then get an NDIS wrapper and look at how to get it working by googling. If you fail at getting it working maybe it would be best to not give linux a go in the first place, however if you do then you'll be almost virus and spyware free with a sexy desktop too lol. You could always set up a dual boot system so that if linux doesnt work you can go back into windows delete the partition and reclaim you disk space.

Feisty Fawn is a bugger to work with for a whole host of nVidia cards

Gutsy Gibbon is out soon though, maybe that fixes some of the issues?

I was considering going to a LUG party next Thursday night to find out - but I might have to work.

But...the Sabayon is the most impressive I've seen to date.

Sabayon.

Translated back :blink:

Sabayon. On the matter of my inner vista wireless card did not work, nor would not be a sudden my plugandplay card reader. In the end, I bought an external antenna usb to get wireless turn.

Ubuntu was nice, but once it is required to set tie ... and not set up to the nVidia cards at the core. Not only that but wiki show master conflicts with the equipment through the board, and my inner and external wireless radio telegraph failed my best effort to get them up and running.

I ran Sabayon of disk-and the whole or rabotaemogo straight away or made after korotkiya term. Radiotelegraph from rabotaemy and graphics, where the ability of 3D cards thought straight away ... 6 postuchany for me as well to watch this stunningly desktop. It NASTOLKO cold. Give DVD barnacles

I'd ub her untu. :D:blink:

Provided she had a personality... of course...

In geek terms, "having a personality" means she must like computers. :D

I'd ub her untu. :D:blink:

Provided she had a personality... of course...

In geek terms, "having a personality" means she must like computers. :D

Woo-hoo... I like computers... :dance::o I do, honest! :yesyes:

I've got my eye on this one at the moment - it's a pretty colour. :D:whistle:

Computer_Learning_Toy.jpg

... Is the power on? Have you found the any key? Have you actually installed office?

:o Oh Shit...no wonder the scren is blank!

Cheers Finnegan! :D:thumbup:

No seriously, some docs are okay some just wont open.(excel doc)

I've been on loads of them other computer type forums and it seems a frequent type of error.

Just thought you guys may have any ideas! :dunno:

Archived