Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Should I get a X Box 360 or PS3

X Box or PS3  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy

• X Box 360
    • PS3

080 is standard on my xbox :cool:

Nice one son! You'll also see in 2008 loads of 'PS3 Exclusives' moving over to 360 releases as well, and far less/no 360 exclusives being ported over to the PS3, its simply too hard to develop for, hence the delays with the new GTA, the 360 version is apparently ready.

Nice one son! You'll also see in 2008 loads of 'PS3 Exclusives' moving over to 360 releases as well, and far less/no 360 exclusives being ported over to the PS3, its simply too hard to develop for, hence the delays with the new GTA, the 360 version is apparently ready.

Yep, the 360 version was ready this autumn, but PS3 had a clause with rockstar which said it HAS to be on PS3 first. :rolleyes:

The same with Unreal Tournament 3. Another game that Sony have secured to be released on the PS3 first. The PS3 version has been delayed until next year yet the 360 is already finished yet Epic can't ship it until x amount of months after the PS3 version is done.

The reason why the PS3 is so hard to develop for is because while it can render fantastic images it can't really render them at a steady frame rate, especially at high definition so the code needs massive optimisation. Many developers will get fed up with this and will either focus their attention on the 360 or saving money on production costs by producing games for the Wii. If I were a developer I would definately be going for a slice of the wii pie because its so easy to develop for.

You'll find a lot of games moving from both to the Wii, it's happened with Monter Hunter 3 on the PS3, now a Wii exclusive. (No I hadn't heard of it either but it's a BIG deal in Japan, which is where most devolpers are from!!)

They go where the user base is:

Wii = 12,000,000 (after 1 year)

360 = 11,000,000 (after 2)

PS3 = 5,000,000 (after 1)

Guess where the exclusives will come!

Plus the 360 is the only console that can display in high definition.

WTF are you on about? :rolleyes:

The ps3 has a web browser (I didn't think I would ever use it, but infact I use it daily)...

As someone else mentioned, the ps3 is a year behind the 360 and there are still many games on their 'ps3 debuts'.

The ps3 has a web browser (I didn't think I would ever use it, but infact I use it daily)...

As someone else mentioned, the ps3 is a year behind the 360 and there are still many games on their 'ps3 debuts'.

It is a year behind the 360, aye, but it will always be that year behind, and the fact its such a pain to develop for will mean the games won't come as fast as the 360 ones will. The old xbox was a far better machine than the PS2, but because the PS2 had the time advantage, it would never had caught up. Thats why, for better or for worse, Microsoft rushed out the 360 before the PS3.

The PS3 is useless at 1080i. Yes it can display at that resolution but its ugly and unplayable.

BUT software updates are always being made available for download on the PS3... when it first came out it was USELESS for playing PS2 games and things like Pro Evo 6 were unplayable. Few weeks later they brought out a console update and that made it up to the standard that it should have been.

And as for the playstation network.... Ive never had any problems playing online - the only game I have that is any slower online is NHL 2K7 but that is such a fast game anyway I expected some slowdown especially as I was playing someone in America!

BUT software updates are always being made available for download on the PS3... when it first came out it was USELESS for playing PS2 games and things like Pro Evo 6 were unplayable. Few weeks later they brought out a console update and that made it up to the standard that it should have been.

And as for the playstation network.... Ive never had any problems playing online - the only game I have that is any slower online is NHL 2K7 but that is such a fast game anyway I expected some slowdown especially as I was playing someone in America!

Yet to give you a game on pes2008 :thumbup:

You'll find a lot of games moving from both to the Wii, it's happened with Monter Hunter 3 on the PS3, now a Wii exclusive. (No I hadn't heard of it either but it's a BIG deal in Japan, which is where most devolpers are from!!)

They go where the user base is:

Wii = 12,000,000 (after 1 year)

360 = 11,000,000 (after 2)

PS3 = 5,000,000 (after 1)

Guess where the exclusives will come!

Not on the Wii, as their software sales are abysmall comapted to the sales of the console.

Go for the 360 mate, I've had mine for around a year now and even without live it's fantastic.

Been on PES 2008 almost non stop for the last week, its simply awesome.

Plan to get live soon though then I'll see what this baby's really made of.

Mines never once gone wrong and if you shop around you can get the full systems for more than £150 less thana ps3.

Yet to give you a game on pes2008 :thumbup:

For some reason I can't connect to the Konami network - think its something to do with my firewall / router settings or something like that :dunno: Im yet to have a proper look at it though as unlike with FIFA, the single player is enough to entertain me for the moment. Hardest difficulty - Barca v Chelsea / Real Madrid.... many a good match to be had!

Not on the Wii, as their software sales are abysmall comapted to the sales of the console.

I'll cut this misconception down when I find the sales figures... Because the attach rate is greater on the Wii than either of the other consoles!

Not attach rates, but a list of Million seeler for each system, (again bare in mind the 360 has been out 1 year longer!!)

For the Wii

Wii Sports (11.58 million) (packaged with system in all regions [9.5 million bundled], except Japan [2.08 million sold])

Wii Play (4.49 million)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3.61 million)

Mario Party 8 (2.89 million)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)

Super Paper Mario (1.74 million)

Big Brain Academy for Wii (1.38 million)

Mario Strikers Charged Football (1.33 million)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)

Red Steel (1 million)

Resident Evil 4 (1 million)

For the XBOX 360

Gears of War (4 million)

Halo 3 (3.3 million in US)

Crackdown (1.5 million)

Perfect Dark Zero (1.5 million)

Call of Duty 2 (1.4 million)

Saints Row (1.4 million shipped)

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (1.4 million)

Dead Rising (1.3 million)

Madden NFL 07 (1.1 million in US)

Dead or Alive 4 (1 million)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 million)

For PS3

Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)

MotorStorm (1 million)

Not attach rates, but a list of Million seeler for each system, (again bare in mind the 360 has been out 1 year longer!!)

Were did you get those from because they definately do not look right. For one Project Gotham will have done well over a million and Halo 3 has sold more copies than Zelda.

Also it doesn't list large selling multi platform titles by publishers like EA either which are a much bigger draw on the non-nintendo consoles.

Were did you get those from because they definately do not look right. For one Project Gotham will have done well over a million and Halo 3 has sold more copies than Zelda.

Also it doesn't list large selling multi platform titles by publishers like EA either which are a much bigger draw on the non-nintendo consoles.

He's doctored them, for one he's only got the Halo 3 sales in america, it's done loads in Europe and not to bad in Japan considering no one buys Xbox's over there. Then theres Wii sports which of course, is free with the console so doesn't count. Even with his dodgey stats there really isn' that much different, and it's all well him saying the Xbox has been out longer but how many of those games have been out longer than the Wii, not many.

He's doctored them, for one he's only got the Halo 3 sales in america, it's done loads in Europe and not to bad in Japan considering no one buys Xbox's over there. Then theres Wii sports which of course, is free with the console so doesn't count. Even with his dodgey stats there really isn' that much different, and it's all well him saying the Xbox has been out longer but how many of those games have been out longer than the Wii, not many.

:rolleyes:

Not doctured, just what info's available!!!

So you're admitting that the fisrt years worth of 360 games were poor then!!?? :P

:rolleyes:

Not doctured, just what info's available!!!

So you're admitting that the fisrt years worth of 360 games were poor then!!?? :P

As someone with no particular loyalty to the xbox the first year of games for that console were poor, Gears of War being the first killer title. Having said that there was a general lack of quality software on most platforms during that period which is only starting to be rectified now with so many great titles coming out on Xbox, PC and Wii.

Crysis, Assassins Creed, UT3, Call of Duty 4, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, World In Conflict, Bioshock, Project Gotham, Kane & Lynch, Mass Effect

I honestly can't think of a better time to be a gamer. Plus GTA IV will be out next year along with loads of other killer titles in Q1 and Q2. There has never been a better time to be a gamer with a choice of three great platforms. Crysis will be game of the year though. Its absolutely stunning.

As someone with no particular loyalty to the xbox the first year of games for that console were poor, Gears of War being the first killer title. Having said that there was a general lack of quality software on most platforms during that period which is only starting to be rectified now with so many great titles coming out on Xbox, PC and Wii.

Crysis, Assassins Creed, UT3, Call of Duty 4, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, World In Conflict, Bioshock, Project Gotham, Kane & Lynch, Mass Effect

I honestly can't think of a better time to be a gamer. Plus GTA IV will be out next year along with loads of other killer titles in Q1 and Q2. There has never been a better time to be a gamer with a choice of three great platforms. Crysis will be game of the year though. Its absolutely stunning.

:o

A sensible post... and I wholeheartedly agree with you!! :worship:

All but the crossed out bit that is!! :P

:o

A sensible post... and I wholeheartedly agree with you!! :worship:

All but the crossed out bit that is!! :P

Maybe, but as a big fan of FPS after playing the demo it is clear to me. I've never seen anything like it and I can't even get close to the maximum settings. There isn't a GPU out yet that can run it at its maximum quality settings. It will most likely be PC only for a long time because the 360 and PS3 would really struggle with it.

For some reason I can't connect to the Konami network - think its something to do with my firewall / router settings or something like that :dunno: Im yet to have a proper look at it though as unlike with FIFA, the single player is enough to entertain me for the moment. Hardest difficulty - Barca v Chelsea / Real Madrid.... many a good match to be had!

The words of aman yet to have a problem with the PS3 online :giggle:

Maybe, but as a big fan of FPS after playing the demo it is clear to me. I've never seen anything like it and I can't even get close to the maximum settings. There isn't a GPU out yet that can run it at its maximum quality settings. It will most likely be PC only for a long time because the 360 and PS3 would really struggle with it.

Hmmmm... it seems to me you're confusing good game, with good graphics!?? :rolleyes::whistle:

Archived