Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Should I get a X Box 360 or PS3

X Box or PS3  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy

• X Box 360
    • PS3

Hmmmm... it seems to me you're confusing good game, with good graphics!?? :rolleyes::whistle:

It is an awesome game, the graphics are just the icing on the cake. The physics engine is easily the most advanced yet, the sandbox style gameplay has already made me complete the demo mission lots of different ways, it has awesome weapons and alledgedly a half decent storyline too (for a fps anyway, i'll reserve judgement on that though until after the weekend).

Crysis.jpg

I really wanted to hate the game because I think the system requirements are obscene but it really is that good. Check out gamespots 9.5 video review if you want another opinion.

It is an awesome game, the graphics are just the icing on the cake. The physics engine is easily the most advanced yet, the sandbox style gameplay has already made me complete the demo mission lots of different ways, it has awesome weapons and alledgedly a half decent storyline too (for a fps anyway, i'll reserve judgement on that though until after the weekend).

Crysis.jpg

I really wanted to hate the game because I think the system requirements are obscene but it really is that good. Check out gamespots 9.5 video review if you want another opinion.

Very impressive... but then there's the grass... ewwww :mellow:

Crysis will be game of the year though. Its absolutely stunning.

I hate to burst your bubble, being a spod I've researched.

Metacritic:

Galaxy = 97

Crysis = 93

Game Rankings:

Galaxy = 97.4

Crysis = 92.0

:P

Very impressive... but then there's the grass... ewwww :mellow:

The Wii's graphics look like last gen.....

You cant keep defending the Wii as the Xbox and PS are a cut above. Get the Wii out every couple of months and use for party games etc, great, but as a serious machine??

Its like comparing a Ferrari with a moped.

The Wii's graphics look like last gen.....

You cant keep defending the Wii as the Xbox and PS are a cut above. Get the Wii out every couple of months and use for party games etc, great, but as a serious machine??

Its like comparing a Ferrari with a moped.

Well if you think graphics means better games... then there's no helping you!! :rolleyes:

Go for Xbox 360, PS3 is too expensive in my opinion and the wii loses its novelty very quickly and gets boring plus online play is crap and friends codes are nasty though Mario Galaxy looks sweet there aren't many other decent games.

Go for Xbox 360, PS3 is too expensive in my opinion and the wii loses its novelty very quickly and gets boring plus online play is crap and friends codes are nasty though Mario Galaxy looks sweet there aren't many other decent games.

Is that in the same way the analogue stick lost it's novelty???

And Super Mario Strikers is quality online... I don't know what you've been playing??

Well if you think graphics means better games... then there's no helping you!! :rolleyes:

Graphics don't nessacarily make for a better game but in some genres realism does enhance the experience. Good graphics will never make a poor game good but they do make a very good game even greater because it helps to suck you further into its environment. Simarly good art direction can do this as well. In the case of Crysis it is a well designed game with the most advanced graphics and physics engines yet which is what elevates it from a solid fps deserving of four stars into the elite five star game category (btw 97 over 93 means nothing to me...games, music and film can sufficiently be rated out of five).

The Wii's biggest strength is that because it sucks you in physically rather than visually costs are much cheaper because it is essentially just a souped up gamecube. I believe that Nintendo do actually profit from Wii sales too, though feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that though.

I have no doubt, based on past titles that Mario Galaxy is a five star game as well but personally the Wii doesn't interest me as a gamer because I wouldn't feel comfortable playing it on my own. Not only that but I would also find its simplistic control system limiting in my favourate genres of football games, sim racers and first person shooters. It doesn't mean I think the console is bad (for the record I am very happy that Nintendo are getting back on top) its just not for me.

Graphics don't nessacarily make for a better game but in some genres realism does enhance the experience. Good graphics will never make a poor game good but they do make a very good game even greater because it helps to suck you further into its environment. Simarly good art direction can do this as well. In the case of Crysis it is a well designed game with the most advanced graphics and physics engines yet which is what elevates it from a solid fps deserving of four stars into the elite five star game category (btw 97 over 93 means nothing to me...games, music and film can sufficiently be rated out of five).

The Wii's biggest strength is that because it sucks you in physically rather than visually costs are much cheaper because it is essentially just a souped up gamecube. I believe that Nintendo do actually profit from Wii sales too, though feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that though.

I have no doubt, based on past titles that Mario Galaxy is a five star game as well but personally the Wii doesn't interest me as a gamer because I wouldn't feel comfortable playing it on my own. Not only that but I would also find its simplistic control system limiting in my favourate genres of football games, sim racers and first person shooters. It doesn't mean I think the console is bad (for the record I am very happy that Nintendo are getting back on top) its just not for me.

Yes Nintendo do make a profit on every Wii sold, that is correct!

Why wouldn't you be comfortable playing it on your own... very strange statement :unsure:

Have you wathced the PES2008 Wii demo, if not watch it... it is very interesting! Watch here!

And the Wii has the best FPS controls on ANY home console, with MP3 and MoH2: Heroes leading the way!

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but have you tried and of the 'proper' games on the Wii??

Why wouldn't you be comfortable playing it on your own... very strange statement :unsure:

Not really, I share the same feeling about it. The Wii is a great console for messing around with mates etc, but, for me, its not a serious gamer console.

Assassins Creed - 2 days, bring it on!

Is that in the same way the analogue stick lost it's novelty???

And Super Mario Strikers is quality online... I don't know what you've been playing??

No not in the same way the analogue stick has lost its novelty. I mean in the way where you can actually move stuff etc by really moving, once you get used to it, it loses the 'cool this is new' factor and just become boring, once you lose that coolness coupled with the fact most of the games are boring it leads to a very boring machine (but still great for groups of people especially if none have been on a wii before).

We've got Wii Sports, Wii Play, MySims (the shittest game of all the ones we have), Big Brain Academy, Metroid, Mario Strikers, Paper Mario and Zelda.

You obviously love the wii way more than most people mate so I wont fire back and forth and get into some kind of stupid wii arguement as everyone has their own opinions and if you love it than thats great, good for you keep enjoying it.

Not really, I share the same feeling about it. The Wii is a great console for messing around with mates etc, but, for me, its not a serious gamer console.

Assassins Creed - 2 days, bring it on!

Again, I couldn't agree more with what you wrote.

Yes Nintendo do make a profit on every Wii sold, that is correct!

Have you wathced the PES2008 Wii demo, if not watch it... it is very interesting! Watch here!

And the Wii has the best FPS controls on ANY home console, with MP3 and MoH2: Heroes leading the way!

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but have you tried and of the 'proper' games on the Wii??

Thought they did. Thats a big achievement in the console world in intself.

I wouldn't feel comfortable because all the arm waving and stuff is fine along with friends but would make me feel like a bit of a wally doing it when I'm on my own. Its like people playing Dance Dance Revolution in an arcade on their own. Its just weird.

That PES vid is interesting but the FIFA implementation of it is rubbish. It simplifies the game so much and takes control and features away from the player. I have also played Zelda and Metroid Prime. I liked Metroid but I couldn't play with those controls for a long period. Plus the control system is still not as fluid as the mouse/keyboard standard for FPS. For one it just doesn't have enough buttons to be able to utilise a feature set that I'm used to although that is a problem for all console FPS. It is a massive improvement over the two analog stick system though.

Thought they did. Thats a big achievement in the console world in intself.

I wouldn't feel comfortable because all the arm waving and stuff is fine along with friends but would make me feel like a bit of a wally doing it when I'm on my own. Its like people playing Dance Dance Revolution in an arcade on their own. Its just weird.

That PES vid is interesting but the FIFA implementation of it is rubbish. It simplifies the game so much and takes control and features away from the player. I have also played Zelda and Metroid Prime. I liked Metroid but I couldn't play with those controls for a long period. Plus the control system is still not as fluid as the mouse/keyboard standard for FPS. For one it just doesn't have enough buttons to be able to utilise a feature set that I'm used to although that is a problem for all console FPS. It is a massive improvement over the two analog stick system though.

You don't arm wave in any 'proper' game.... In fact I play more casually than with a standard controller!! It's not all Wii Sports you know!!

But the PES will be the most comprehensively complicated footy game I've ever seen... You certainly can't moan about simplification!!!

I don't think anything will beat keyboard and mouse... but then I was talking about consoles...

And you're right... playing DDR in an arcade on your own is scary and weird!!! :blink:

Yeaaaah my Xbox 360 arrived this morning :D

Shame I can't have it until Christmas <_<

Got the Premuim console, Pro Evo 2008, Halo 3 and two wireless official controllers for £280. :cool:

not a bad deal to be fair!!

and you don't have that long to wait

Yeaaaah my Xbox 360 arrived this morning :D

Shame I can't have it until Christmas <_<

Got the Premuim console, Pro Evo 2008, Halo 3 and two wireless official controllers for £280. :cool:

You'll probably get these sometime in February:

RedRingofDeath.jpg

:whistle::giggle:

Mine still works fine 2 years on :ermm:

I think alot of people are just thick, if you don't have your AV leads in properly the Xbox gives your red lights, so theres a chance some bright sparks AV cables have come slightly loss, and they've though that the Xbox has packed up.

Archived