Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Should I get a X Box 360 or PS3

X Box or PS3  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy

• X Box 360
    • PS3

Depends what you're looking for really. Xbox Live is better than PS3 online, but you can do more things on the PS3 eg. internet.

Also, Xbox seems to have good shooting type of games.

I don't do shooting games. Sport games and racing games is about all I play, I want the one with the best gameplay, I won't use interent etc but would use X Box Live, what do people think?

I don't do shooting games. Sport games and racing games is about all I play PS3, I want the one with the best gameplay Down to what games you play. You said sport and racing so PS3, I won't use interent etc but would use X Box Live Xbox (obviously) but remember you can still go online and play against people with the PS3, what do people think?

Xbox is superior to the PS3.

They are both pretty much equal at 720p though the PS3 does suffer from poor frame rates even in that resolution. At 1080i the 360 is a far more superior machine. Many developers mask the PS3's lack of performance at high definition with horrible motion blur. Not only that but the 360 is cheaper too with a bigger software library and tried and tested online play through Xbox live which is now in its second generation. Microsoft have also stated that they aim to support the 360 for as long, if not longer than Sony has supported the PS2 so you are guaranteed to have good games for many years to come.

I would only suggest the PS3 if you absolutely want a blu-ray media player. If you just want a games console go for the 360. You will have lots of good sports and racing games...Project Gotham and Forza motorsport for example are both superb.

Can I just say that the 360 has been out a year longer than both Wii and PS3. If you think back to the 360's first year... it was abysmal!! So things will get better for Wii and PS3... 360, not so much!

Wii is still best though!!! With GotY by a long margin!!!

its got to be the 360, much better game selection but the ps3 isnt crap! its up to you matey but ive got the 360 and i love it!!

Then why can't it do 1080i resolution??? The 360 can and so can a decent GPU on a PC. The PS3 won't win in the long term if it can't sort that out. Not only that but the PS3 also costs significantly more than the 360 to produce which limits how much Sony can drop the price to because they make more of a loss on the production of their consoles than Microsoft do. They can only drop the price of the console if they reduce the feature set and release an inferior product like the cut price PS3 that removed PS2 backwards compatability.

Nintendo look like recapturing the casual market with the Wii and DS consoles and Microsoft have the hardcore game market cornered because of xbox live. The PS3 has massive ground to make up and can only do it by copying their rivals. That is not what Sony built their success on with previous playstations. They were the company the rest were trying to catch up.

The PS3 is powerful, but the fact is it can't read of the disc's quick enough. When the made MotorStorm (I think it was this game) tht had to put duplicte copies of the data on the disc, so it could read it all quick enough. Yeah, the storage on the Blu-Rays is massive, but its useless if you can't get it off the disc. Bluray reads at 2x 9mb/sec, 360 reads 8x 3mb/sec, thats about another 6mb a second! 360 is the right choice :)

The PS3 is powerful, but the fact is it can't read of the disc's quick enough. When the made MotorStorm (I think it was this game) tht had to put duplicte copies of the data on the disc, so it could read it all quick enough. Yeah, the storage on the Blu-Rays is massive, but its useless if you can't get it off the disc. Bluray reads at 2x 9mb/sec, 360 reads 8x 3mb/sec, thats about another 6mb a second! 360 is the right choice :)

Plus the 360 is the only console that can display in high definition.

But Motorstorm is a quality game and Ive had no problems with it whatsoever.

I love my ps3 and I havent noticed any dodgy frame rate. And the PS3 can display in HD - you just have to buy a cable for £10 from GAME and you're away!

I love my ps3 and I havent noticed any dodgy frame rate. And the PS3 can display in HD - you just have to buy a cable for £10 from GAME and you're away!

Ah, not saying Motorstorm isn't a good game, don't get me wrong. I was just highlighting the fact that they'd had to think of a way round the poor read speeds of the discs. When you compare a game like that to Forza, it doesn't even compare to the amount of cars/tracks etc etc Forza has. The developers of Motorstorm couldn't have got that kind of conten on the disc, because they had to duplicate data to make the game run at the right speed.

The PS3 can do 720p pretty well but it can't really do 1080i. Many games are unplayable in that resolution and I have seen a friends PS3 have some slowdown issues in 720p as well.

Can I just say that the 360 has been out a year longer than both Wii and PS3. If you think back to the 360's first year... it was abysmal!! So things will get better for Wii and PS3... 360, not so much!

Wii is still best though!!! With GotY by a long margin!!!

To be fair, most games that come out on the ps3 will beo ut on the 360, like fifa and all that. Its just other games like Gears of War, Halo, PGR etc that you wont geto n the ps3.

It just depends on what you like. If you like shooters, Gears + Halo, get the box. If you like PS3 games, get the PS3.

But if your just getting it for Fifa, PES8 and the usual games, get the xbox i'd say, just for the better online gameplay.

The PS3 can do 720p pretty well but it can't really do 1080p. Many games are unplayable in that resolution and I have seen a friends PS3 have some slowdown issues in 720p as well.

1080 is standard on my xbox :cool:

Archived