Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Greenpeace hates Nintendo!

I think Alex-ikokopops is talking crap! He has no idea what goes on at Nintendo HQ. They CAN'T make any more!!!

They make a profit on every Wii sold... they would make as many as they could to maximise their profit...

:thumbup:

SO why aren't they?

I don't know ask the expert!!! ;)

But you'd imagine they are running at maximum capacity!! And I'm sure you can't start a new production line overnight!?

I thought you were the expert!

I just cannot accept that they wouldn't think that Christmas would be there busiest time and they've not catered for it.

I think Alex-ikokopops is talking crap! He has no idea what goes on at Nintendo HQ. They CAN'T make any more!!!

They make a profit on every Wii sold... they would make as many as they could to maximise their profit...

Well you've just contradicted yourself in that post.

You've stated they "can't make any more", and then follow it up with "they'd make as many as they could to maximise profits".

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo can't shell out more through outsourcing (or whatever) to further increase profits by meeting at least some of the demand they've fooked up on during this year.

There's been a lot of time where people have been unable to buy a Wii this year and that's only going to further sully people's views on Nintendo.

Bare in mind I say all this as someone who loves Nintendo, if anything I'm biased towards them.

I don't know ask the expert!!! ;)

But you'd imagine they are running at maximum capacity!! And I'm sure you can't start a new production line overnight!?

But the whole point of a decent OR sector is that you shouldn't have to start a new production line overnight!

Decisions should've been made to increase production earlier in the year so demand would've been met!

No businesses wait until demand gets too high and they run out of product to think "hang on, maybe we should make some more?"

Although it's poor business practice by Nintendo to spend a second Christmas struggling to cope with demand.

Evidentally their OR department is sadly lacking, maybe I should get involved...

i think its probably part of their plan.... if they limit how many they release to the market, then it keeps the intrest levels up, keeps it in the news.. maybe helps keep the game prices high too...( if everyone could get a Wii when they first came out then they would of had to fight more to get people to buy their games, lower prices. this way even games that have been out for 6 months could still command a top price) i think if everyone had one we would all of lost intrest far more quickly.. and maybe we would all work out its limitations quicker...

Hmm... does that make any sense at all? lol

dunno , really. just guessing. i just dont see how a company as big as they are would make a mistake on this scale......

On a side note..

Remember when the Nintendo 64 came out? Had the James Bond game.. forgot what its called now... anyway, it was awesome.... loved playing it.. anyway, was talking to this guy (he was going out with one of my friends) and he looked familiar... but i just couldnt work out where from.. We then got on to 'what do you do' sort of questions.. turns out he worked for Nintendo and he had his face super imposed onto one of the solders!! " I shot you in the toilets!" i blurted out...

lol You should 'help' her out with the second Wii-mote!! You can pause baddies, collect star bits etc. It's quite cool! :)

I do then she gets annoyed.

Shes not even that bad at it, I think it's just the fact that I'm much better than her that seems to tick her off.

Well you've just contradicted yourself in that post.

You've stated they "can't make any more", and then follow it up with "they'd make as many as they could to maximise profits".

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo can't shell out more through outsourcing (or whatever) to further increase profits by meeting at least some of the demand they've fooked up on during this year.

There's been a lot of time where people have been unable to buy a Wii this year and that's only going to further sully people's views on Nintendo.

Bare in mind I say all this as someone who loves Nintendo, if anything I'm biased towards them.

They upped production in March to something like 1.5 million a month (nearly doubling capacity), they still sold everything they produced. They can't make enough to stock pile for Xmas...

My point is, as you should know, it only takes one company (who makes the components) to no be able to double their input to stall the prodution. Could be IBM, ATI, the Gyro maker...???

I do then she gets annoyed.

Shes not even that bad at it, I think it's just the fact that I'm much better than her that seems to tick her off.

So you impressed with it or not!?

They upped production in March to something like 1.5 million a month (nearly doubling capacity), they still sold everything they produced. They can't make enough to stock pile for Xmas...

My point is, as you should know, it only takes one company (who makes the components) to no be able to double their input to stall the prodution. Could be IBM, ATI, the Gyro maker...???

So you impressed with it or not!?

Yeah it's a really good game, it had to be really they couldn't **** to Mario games up in a row.

But a still say 360 has a much wider range of much better games :thumbup:

Meh, Forzas the best racing game on the market, Oblivions still the best RPG on the market, and last time I checked Gears was third person :whistle:

And not to mention that Rock Band game, which looks fantastic (and expensive)

Forza: Maybe (but you can't crash the cars... I'll wait until Burnout!)

Oblivion: On PS3 and PC

Gear: PC in a few months!!! :)

Rock Band: PS3 and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive it's prohibative!

No, that's a typo... the 's' & 'd' are too close!! :whistle:

That's 4 more than the 360 had after a year!

Now thats not true either is it, seeing as Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Gears of War, GRAW, and Rainbox six Vegas were all out within 12 months of the consoles release.

I'm fed up of having this debate I feel your dragging me down to your level, or into your comic store, or something.

Now thats not true either is it, seeing as Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Gears of War, GRAW, and Rainbox six Vegas were all out within 12 months of the consoles release.

I'm fed up of having this debate I feel your dragging me down to your level, or into your comic store, or something.

habf10_20_bart_neuer_bully.jpg

:unsure:

What goes on at Nintendo HQ then? You must know as you've stated they "CAN'T" make more. :mellow:

Archived