Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Milan

Milan Mandaric, the former chairman of Portsmouth and current chairman of Leicester City, was charged today with two counts of cheating the public revenue.

The Crown Prosecution Service said Mandaric, who denies any wrongdoing, will appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on 11 February.

The CPS said the charges relate to an ongoing investigation into allegations of unpaid tax on an offshore payment of $295,000 he made to another party via a bank account in Monaco.

It accused Mandaric of evading tax and national insurance contributions due on the payment between 1 April 2002 and 28 November 2007.

The CPS statement said: "Following a thorough investigation by HM Revenue and Customs and the City of London Police, the CPS decided there was sufficient evidence and it was in the public interest to charge Mr Mandaric with two counts of cheating the public revenue."

Redknapp has previously described the decision to bring charges against him as part of the same investigation as "farcical".

Yes - let's hope that they get a foreign national off with flagrant tax-evasion and non-payment of National Insurance.

That will be a result we can all celebrate.

...because of course, no UK-born club owner would ever dream of cheating the revenue...

bates.jpg

If Mandaric is convicted, the tinpot league will swoop and rule that he is not a fit and proper person to run a league club. So he'd have to give up his ownership of the club to....?

But perhaps we may have won the playoffs by then, and be in a league which takes a far more relaxed view on these matters..

If Mandaric is convicted, the tinpot league will swoop and rule that he is not a fit and proper person to run a league club.

Ken Bates is irrelevant to this.

IF Mandy is guilty then he should pay the price, and for an elected councillor to advocate that he shouldn't because it would effect his favourite football club is, frankly, shit.

Hope we're not singing this at the end of the legal process

To the tune of Go West

Milan is a Leicester fan

But now he's in a prison van

He's got time

but he won't be hung

For his role in a little bung

Together - we are in the poo

Together - we might visit you

Forever - when you're in Wormwood Scrubs

Forever - we're still the king of clubs

Go Down - to the cells Milan

Go Down - with your California tan

Go Down - and you'd better hope

That when you're down - you don't drop the soap

Anyway , hopefully he's just helping the police with their enquiries

In the circumstances I thought I'd give this shit little ditty another airing.

Anyone else embarrassed that for the first time I can remember we were in the top stories on BBC Sport, it was because the chairman has (allegedly) been avoiding tax?

The fact that he said that his integrity had never been called into question left me speechless. He was arrested 2 years ago. Presumably for being an all round top chap.

Anyone else embarrassed that for the first time I can remember we were in the top stories on BBC Sport, it was because the chairman has (allegedly) been avoiding tax?

The fact that he said that his integrity had never been called into question left me speechless. He was arrested 2 years ago. Presumably for being an all round top chap.

Dunno about top story on BBC Sport, they didn't even mention it on East Midlands Today.

East Midlands Today

What about it?

I just watched it, Watched the sport bit, there was nothing said on the matter. East Midlands Today is a BBC programme, you said it was a top story on BBC Sport.

Not that it matters. Milan is in trouble regardless of whether East Midland Today reports on it or not, I was just saying is it really a top story on BBC Sport? lol

What about it?

I just watched it, Watched the sport bit, there was nothing said on the matter. East Midlands Today is a BBC programme, you said it was a top story on BBC Sport.

Not that it matters. Milan is in trouble regardless of whether East Midland Today reports on it or not, I was just saying is it really a top story on BBC Sport? lol

I think we've got our wires crossed. The source emoticon was aimed at myself, indicating that my claim was sourceless.

If M.M. is found guilty, we will have one hell of a big slur on our club, even though this happened at Portsmouth.

I for one, will want him to sell up and f--k off.

Who, in their right minds, would want a crook at the helm of their club?

However, if he is innocent, as he claims, then lets hope he starts taking more interest in the club, and putting up some more money for next season, so we have a more realistic chance of promotion.

Deeply upset that the corner shop has obviously seen this and no longer accepts tax-free payments into a Monaco account for milk, bread and those triangular crisp-like things which taste Marmitey and yet have a cheese filling.

You've ruined it for all of us Mandaric, you bastard. :angry:

If M.M. is found guilty, we will have one hell of a big slur on our club, even though this happened at Portsmouth.

I for one, will want him to sell up and f--k off.

Who, in their right minds, would want a crook at the helm of their club?

However, if he is innocent, as he claims, then lets hope he starts taking more interest in the club, and putting up some more money for next season, so we have a more realistic chance of promotion.

It depends. Someone like Charles Bronson or the Boston Strangler could be quite useful negotiating contracts and transfers

Archived