Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Milan

It doesn't read that way to me. I think it's the agent whose being pursued mainly here. But if Mandaric has got involved with anything on his part then, it's easy to see why he's been arrested.

I'm not overly worried by this yet. The money laundering bit is confusing, is it seperate to the situation that the other 4 were arrested for or is it all connected?

Surely if Mandaric had severe evidence against him for Money Laundering he wouldn't be released after a few hours of questioning, it's not an everyday crime like egging the Ice Cream Man. Just all seems strange how they make that quote without stating whether it's related to the other 4 or not.

MM arrested for not paying money for laundry? It's not a big deal imo and i can't believe this thread has reached 14 pages on the subject

It doesn't read that way to me. I think it's the agent whose being pursued mainly here. But if Mandaric has got involved with anything on his part then, it's easy to see why he's been arrested.

I'm not overly worried by this yet. The money laundering bit is confusing, is it seperate to the situation that the other 4 were arrested for or is it all connected?

Surely if Mandaric had severe evidence against him for Money Laundering he wouldn't be released after a few hours of questioning, it's not an everyday crime like egging the Ice Cream Man. Just all seems strange how they make that quote without stating whether it's related to the other 4 or not.

According to the Merc he's been released on bail :blink:

I was a lot more worried when I first read about this, half-pissed late last night then I am now. Either way, I'm not overly worried about things at the moment. Whatever happens will happen, there's nothing we can do about it.

I'd be interested to know can we as a club be punished for this if Milan were to have done anything wrong? I'd honestly be surprised if we could- although of course were Milan found to have done something wrong any punishment meted out to Milan would have a direct impact on the club.

I was a lot more worried when I first read about this, half-pissed late last night then I am now. Either way, I'm not overly worried about things at the moment. Whatever happens will happen, there's nothing we can do about it.

I'd be interested to know can we as a club be punished for this if Milan were to have done anything wrong? I'd honestly be surprised if we could- although of course were Milan found to have done something wrong any punishment meted out to Milan would have a direct impact on the club.

Just sticking my neutral two pennyworth in. I don't see anything can happen to Leicester unless Mandaric has been up to naughties since he has been there. Only possible effect is that Mandaric could be banned from football involvement by the FA and march off with his money. How much would that affect you guys?

Just sticking my neutral two pennyworth in. I don't see anything can happen to Leicester unless Mandaric has been up to naughties since he has been there. Only possible effect is that Mandaric could be banned from football involvement by the FA and march off with his money. How much would that affect you guys?

In the sh*t although as I believe, nothing will really happen.. God we're paying for punching above our weight in the late 90s now !!

I think as other have pointed out the overwhelming theme seems to be Willie McKay who was involved with the Chimbonda incident and has lots of contracts with French and especially African footballers and a few more of these so called dubious transfers he seems like the main problem to me.

it's the money laundering bit that I am most worried about though to be fair

Money Laundering is a serious crime. If found guilty a prison sentance is likely. I know this from a high rank police officer. However it depends at what level Milan has been involved with and of course whether or not he's found guilty.

Latest info ive seen...

"A spokesman for Mandaric said: 'I can confirm that on Wednesday morning Mr Mandaric was asked to assist City of London Police with their enquiries into a matter dating back to 2003 at his former club Portsmouth.

'Mr Mandaric made himself readily available and fully co-operated with the police enquiry.

'While the investigation remains ongoing, Mr Mandaric will continue to offer his full and total support to the police and will refrain from making any further public statement at this time.'

The arrests are the most dramatic development yet in an ongoing inquiry by fraud detectives to root out corruption in football.

Last year, the Football Association brought in former Metropolitan Police commissioner Lord Stevens and his company, Quest, to carry out a separate inquiry into suspect transfers.

Detectives are believed to be focusing on Faye's transfers from Auxerre to Portsmouth in August 2003 and Portsmouth to Newcastle in January 2005.

Mandaric was Portsmouth chairman at the time of Faye's arrival and departure from the south coast club. "

Interesting article in the Daily Mail today. Could get nasty.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric, one of the five arrested and bailed on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting, is causing unrest within his Championship club over the money he is paying to agents.

The concern centres on Mandaric's relationship with Barry Silkman, who is believed to have negotiated at least seven deals in the summer for which Leicester insiders reckon he might have received as much as £1million in commission.

Silkman strenuously denies being paid so much, claiming the amount was more like £250,000. Even that is, staggeringly, nearly five times as much as Leicester paid in total to every agent in the year leading up to Mandaric's first transfer window since buying the club last February.

Official Football League figures on money paid to agents from July 2006 to July 2007 show that Leicester forked out just £56,117 — the third smallest amount in the division. Only Ipswich and Colchester paid less.

Silkman said yesterday: 'I did a lot of work for Milan in the summer, some of which was highly complicated involving bringing players in from Iran, Denmark and Holland. Leicester's chief executive, Tim Davies, couldn't get hold of the right people to make the deals work, but I knew all the agents involved.

'I wish I had been paid a million, but it was nowhere near that figure.You can halve it and then halve it again and every penny was properly authorised. Milan wanted new players in a hurry, and he knows I have the right contacts.'

It was rumoured on Wednesday that Silkman was the 55-year-old arrested in the raids, along with Mandaric when, in fact, it was Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie.

Silkman said: 'The attention was driving me mad all day. I don't know why people are pointing the finger at me. I took my kids to school, walked the dogs and had breakfast with Steve Archibald.'

Silkman said yesterday: 'I did a lot of work for Milan in the summer, some of which was highly complicated involving bringing players in from Iran, Denmark and Holland. Leicester's chief executive, Tim Davies, couldn't get hold of the right people to make the deals work, but I knew all the agents involved.

'I wish I had been paid a million, but it was nowhere near that figure.You can halve it and then halve it again and every penny was properly authorised. Milan wanted new players in a hurry, and he knows I have the right contacts.'

.'

So this joker brokered the deals that bought us Will Kaebi play on Saturday, Jimmy Butterfingers, and Sergio who the hellings is he.

All credit to Tim Davies. Sounds like he tried to lose the phone book to delay the deals....

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric, one of the five arrested and bailed on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting, is causing unrest within his Championship club over the money he is paying to agents.

The concern centres on Mandaric's relationship with Barry Silkman, who is believed to have negotiated at least seven deals in the summer for which Leicester insiders reckon he might have received as much as £1million in commission.

Silkman strenuously denies being paid so much, claiming the amount was more like £250,000. Even that is, staggeringly, nearly five times as much as Leicester paid in total to every agent in the year leading up to Mandaric's first transfer window since buying the club last February.

Official Football League figures on money paid to agents from July 2006 to July 2007 show that Leicester forked out just £56,117 — the third smallest amount in the division. Only Ipswich and Colchester paid less.

It was rumoured on Wednesday that Silkman was the 55-year-old arrested in the raids, along with Mandaric when, in fact, it was Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie.

Silkman said: 'The attention was driving me mad all day. I don't know why people are pointing the finger at me. I took my kids to school, walked the dogs and had breakfast with Steve Archibald.'

The thing with this article though is very misleading. We only spent £56,000 in agents fee's for the entire year before Milan came here because we were unbelievably skint, we only signed Andy Johnson, Darren Kenton, Josh Low and Gareth McAuley. This summer we've signed 16 players and with quite a few of them being on bosman's where players have a pick of various clubs to go to, the agents fee's are going to increase.

If the reports of it being £1 million are true for 7 transfers, then that would seem very high, especially given the fact that some of the players in question are Jimmy Neilson & Sergio Hellings. But Silkman is adamant it's nowhere near that figure and if he has only been paid £250,000 for 7 transfers then that doesn't sound that suspicious to me. Mandaric has never made it any secret that he likes to get experienced players in on free transfers and offer them higher wages. He'll also have to pay agents a significant amount on these deals as it's common knowledge that agents make a shit load on relatively sought after players who are on bosmans.

The thing with this article though is very misleading. We only spent £56,000 in agents fee's for the entire year before Milan came here because we were unbelievably skint, we only signed Andy Johnson, Darren Kenton, Josh Low and Gareth McAuley. This summer we've signed 16 players and with quite a few of them being on bosman's where players have a pick of various clubs to go to, the agents fee's are going to increase.

If the reports of it being £1 million are true for 7 transfers, then that would seem very high, especially given the fact that some of the players in question are Jimmy Neilson & Sergio Hellings. But Silkman is adamant it's nowhere near that figure and if he has only been paid £250,000 for 7 transfers then that doesn't sound that suspicious to me. Mandaric has never made it any secret that he likes to get experienced players in on free transfers and offer them higher wages. He'll also have to pay agents a significant amount on these deals as it's common knowledge that agents make a shit load on relatively sought after players who are on bosmans.

it also sounds a lot of commission because these players are shit!

And between them they've played a grand total of 15 minutes first team football, thank you so much, your services really are invaluable.

it also sounds a lot of commission because these players are shit!

The quality of the player here is irrelevant though. Plus none of the 3 have actually been given a chance, but there is definutely question marks over their suitability for this club. However, if the £250,000 paid to Silkman is the true figure and not £1 million. Then that is about £35,000 per transfer, which is fook all really considering Hossein Kaebi is a fairly sought after International Footballer. I imagine it was quite tricky negotiating with a club from Iran, so Silkman's contacts would have been asking for a fair few quid to get it done. Especially given all the supposed interest from Wigan and the previous interest from Arsenal.

Archived