Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Its not a red Le Mans, so I'm not sure.

Love 'em.

First bike I fell in love with was the Lemon that overtook us every morning on the way to school until the day he was taken out by a myopic driver.

The modern V7 is a tasty version of it though.

See all the bits that need sorting on warranty? :D

:o That's the last thing you need with a new toy, even if it's a Guzzi.

Still, if it means time off the road, this time of year is probably the best for it.

Use and abuse their courtesy bikes in the snow, salt and grit :thumbup:

Ssh you - don't you have a perm to set or some split ends to sort out or something?
No and I don't have any bits to screw back on the hairdresser mobile either.

Louis_Vuitton_Handbags_LV_Bag.jpg

Calm down, ladies.....

:rolleyes:

That's definitely me - I could fit a couple of adjustable spanners, a 17mm and a 14mm sockets & driver and a set of tyre levers in there.

If you packed economically you could probably fit a cheese cob in there too. Then you'd have something to eat while you sit and wait for the RAC. :)

One came out of nowhere on a country road today and overtook me and about 4 other cars. This road had a hidden dip and he was overtaking one car on the crest of the hill. Crazy.

Looked foooking fun though :w00t:

Edited by Standupandsing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
When I got home I took the lad out for his first ever bike ride...it was, apparently, the most super-coolest and awesome thing that he's ever done.

Fab. :D

In these temperatures I completely understand :P I took my bike down the road to refuel over the weekend and lost my testicles to frostbite.

Welcome to the two wheeled world. Such a wonderful place to be.

Motorbikes, are indeed, brilliant.

• 1 month later...
seems strange to me that when kids are in the relative safety of a car they have to be strapped up as though they are going into space , but are quite free to dangle of the back of a superbike :dunno:

If that's a snipe at Daggers, then I can assure you that it's not a superbike. I wouldn't be surprised if the lad was helping him to push it along. :giggle:

If that's a snipe at Daggers, then I can assure you that it's not a superbike. I wouldn't be surprised if the lad was helping him to push it along. :giggle:

not a snipe at anyone at all , just an opinion

i just read about a young boy or girl who was killed a few weeks ago when his/ her dad lost control of his bike , and he/ she careered into a lamp post or something , and it just occurred to me that the road safety laws are a bit remiss in this respect ( when compared to travelling in cars )

i know kids get killed in cars too , but it seems a very unsafe way for kids to travel on the roads :thumbup:

Edited by Zingari

not a snipe at anyone at all , just an opinion

i just read about a young boy or girl who was killed a few weeks ago when his/ her dad lost control of his bike , and he/ she careered into a lamp post or something , and it just occurred to me that the road safety laws are a bit remiss in this respect ( when compared to travelling in cars )

i know kids get killed in cars too , but it seems a very unsafe way for kids to travel on the roads :thumbup:

I think riding pillion is dangerous regardless of age.