Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Right - bike is now being replaced by a mystery hire vehicle until the Guz is repaired.

All I can be told is that it will be delivered at 3:30 tomorrow and that it'll be over 1000cc. I'm excited :celebrate:

Your bike has had more repairs than miles put on the clock.

It's also like my wife...very pretty but totally unreliable.

I have my first track day of the new year booked for this Sunday.

I'll be trashing around Rockingham Speedway, Northants at silly speeds all day for £80!

I'll try and get some pics uploaded after the event as my bike is now in LCFC colours.

Good luck. My sister's boyfriend races the things. He's pretty good too but that still didn't stop him breaking or rupturing all and sundry in an horrific accident.

To this day I'm never quite sure though whether what he went through was worth the insurance money he eventually picked up and which set him up for life.

Whatever, he eventually recovered enough to race again and still, quite clearly, loves the crack.

Good luck. My sister's boyfriend races the things. He's pretty good too but that still didn't stop him breaking or rupturing all and sundry in an horrific accident.

To this day I'm never quite sure though whether what he went through was worth the insurance money he eventually picked up and which set him up for life.

Whatever, he eventually recovered enough to race again and still, quite clearly, loves the crack.

Riding bikes are not without the risks. That's part of the reason I do very little riding on the roads these days. My road bike has been sat in my garage gathering dust for much of the past couple of years.

Race tracks, although allowing for greater speed, do in fact offer much more safety. Not only do they have more grip, there's not a pothole, sunday driver or speed camera in sight. With all traffic going in the same direction, the only real reason for having an accident is if the rider pushes beyond their own capabilities.

I'm glad your sister's boyfriend is back enjoying two wheels. It sounds like a horrific injury that he suffered. It takes a brave man to go racing after that.

The Moto Guzzi V7 looks irresistible...

It does - but being a Guzzi I'd recommend resisting unless you enjoy a life of suffering like me.

Loan bike never arrived today, at eight in the morning I am due to be getting a CBF1000...

CBF1000_wheelie_web.jpg

Turning Japanese, I think he's turning Japanese, I really think so...

Nah - this thing is going to cost me a licence or simply kill me, it's just too easy to overtake 10 cars in one go on the way to work!

cbf1000.jpg

Edited by Daggers

• 2 weeks later...

Banking on the fact that every copper within 100 miles of the stadium was too preoccupied with impending football violence that never materialised...I opened the throttle on the way home on the empty M69.

Fastest I've ever been.

What got me the most was the roll-on from an already high speed, really impressive.

I'll have my old bike back now please, I can't ride this one anymore.

Banking on the fact that every copper within 100 miles of the stadium was too preoccupied with impending football violence that never materialised...I opened the throttle on the way home on the empty M69.

Fastest I've ever been.

What got me the most was the roll-on from an already high speed, really impressive.

I'll have my old bike back now please, I can't ride this one anymore.

:D You had a good day for it as well (nice weather and feeling all warm a fuzzy inside after super Steve's winner).

Admit it, you like the bike. Having a powerful bike is not all about doing 100mph everywhere. As you've seen, it's a useful safety feature when navigating moving traffic.

PS: It will only go fast if you let it! :P

:D You had a good day for it as well (nice weather and feeling all warm a fuzzy inside after super Steve's winner).

Admit it, you like the bike. Having a powerful bike is not all about doing 100mph everywhere. As you've seen, it's a useful safety feature when navigating moving traffic.

PS: It will only go fast if you let it! :P

Of course I like the bike, it handles like a dream and is so responsive...but there's the problem.

When I do 90 on the Guzzi I feel like limbs are being shaken off, it's useful. On the Honda I'm doing 95mph and it feels like 40 - a quick overtake and I'm into reasonable treble figures.

It's just too easy to have giggles on and I don't like that at all, I'm meant to have outgrown that nonsense and it is better than I am. I can master the Guzzi, I am in control all the time - on this thing I relinquish control to fate and my reflexes.

And, if I'm being picky, the buzz that numbs my thumb is a real pain and angling the body so that it is cantered onto the bars means my wrists hurts after an hour or so.

I'm big and fat with a hairy head - I was built for things with chrome on :D

Of course I like the bike, it handles like a dream and is so responsive...but there's the problem.

When I do 90 on the Guzzi I feel like limbs are being shaken off, it's useful. On the Honda I'm doing 95mph and it feels like 40 - a quick overtake and I'm into reasonable treble figures.

It's just too easy to have giggles on and I don't like that at all, I'm meant to have outgrown that nonsense and it is better than I am. I can master the Guzzi, I am in control all the time - on this thing I relinquish control to fate and my reflexes.

And, if I'm being picky, the buzz that numbs my thumb is a real pain and angling the body so that it is cantered onto the bars means my wrists hurts after an hour or so.

I'm big and fat with a hairy head - I was built for things with chrome on :D

In realtion to your last sentance the Harley Davidson 'Fat-Boy' just popped into my head! Having already eaten soap as you requested earlier, I shall leave it there!

I completely understand how you feel in relation to the power of Honda. Having all those horses at your disposal just by moving your right wrist can be a tad intimidating. I think, the more you ride it, the more you will control it rather than the other way round.

With that in mind, you may struggle when you eventually get your pride and joy back. You'll be in total control again but want for the Honda performance. That's the reason why I moved from 600's, to 750's, to eventually 1000cc. You will find yourself in a situation where opening the taps is called for. You'll give it some beans but get nothing but noise. On bigger, more powerful bikes you do become lazy. With the torque they produce, I can easily keep up with most 600cc bikes just by staying in 3rd or 4th gear whilst they are working all 6 of theirs.

The Guzzi will provide a better riding position for you without a doubt. One of my biggest moans of current sports bikes is that all your weight is taken on your wrists. Never a problem on track days, but cruising around town it's a major pain. It's a small price to pay for the overall performance and (in my opinion) drop dead gorgeous looks. Did I mention reliability :P

Love this.

cbr600rr-limited-edition-big.jpg

Gave my varadero back barely used a few weeks ago - thinking of getting a CBR125 to practice on and doing direct access in the summer

That's sexy. Is it a new Fireblade or just a one off?

The CBR125 is a great bike to practice on. Good luck with your direct access.

I actually priced up 5 day direct access courses yesterday (I'm 37 and haven't ridden a bike since I was 17 so this seemed a minimum requirement), however much I am tempted to get a bike license paying £700+ isn't going to happen.

I actually priced up 5 day direct access courses yesterday (I'm 37 and haven't ridden a bike since I was 17 so this seemed a minimum requirement), however much I am tempted to get a bike license paying £700+ isn't going to happen.

Don't do direct access then - I can see you on a 125.

Don't do direct access then - I can see you on a 125.

I'm too big for a 125, I was thinking of it as a cheap commute but test costs, buying the safety gear etc means a fairly hefty initial outlay. Wish I'd taken my test when I was 17 but cars came along.