Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

I'm no expert but I can think of one massive difference straight away.

I would happily be strapped safely up inside a rigorously safety tested car and it's safety cage. If a bike was hurtling into a crash I would damn sure not want to be strapped onto it!

Edited by Finnegan

I'm no expert but I can think of one massive difference straight away.

I would happily be strapped safely up inside a rigorously safety tested car and it's safety cage. If a bike was hurtling into a crash I would damn sure not want to be strapped onto it!

too true :)

but the point that i was trying to make about pillion riding is that it seems to be too unsafe for anyone ( particularly kids) , regardless of whether strapped on or not . and i am surprised that some transport minister hasn't tried to get it banned , ( or maybe they have , i don't know )

the safety requirements needed for a car passenger are quite strict ( quite rightly) , but the dangers of pillion riding seems to have gone relatively unnoticed in these days of safety conciousness

just me rambling on :D

Eurosport only. Should be better than Moto Gp this season with BMW & Aprilla coming into it. Moto Gp has 17 bikes & WSB has 33 :thumbup:

Should be good. Espicially with 5 Brits this year. Unfortunately it won't be that good for me as I don't have eurosport. It doesn't even look as if we will get channel 4 highlights at 3 o'clock on a wednesday morning this year.

too true :)

but the point that i was trying to make about pillion riding is that it seems to be too unsafe for anyone ( particularly kids) , regardless of whether strapped on or not . and i am surprised that some transport minister hasn't tried to get it banned , ( or maybe they have , i don't know )

the safety requirements needed for a car passenger are quite strict ( quite rightly) , but the dangers of pillion riding seems to have gone relatively unnoticed in these days of safety conciousness

just me rambling on :D

nb6hox.gif

nb6hox.gif

My mate saw a girl watching him and did a wheelie on his way into Nene College's Avenue Campus, over a sleeping policeman.

I couldn't sit down for a week and coming off tore a massive hole out of my arse. Fortunately I took the bastard's lights and number plate with me. >_<

Sold my VFR in the Autumn.

This Spring i'm split between a Buell or a dirty enduro (KTM, KLX or similar).

Fun or Speed?

Help

I'm not sure how the Buell comes into either of those brackets...KTM all the way.

No one wants a second-hand Buell, hell...precious few people want a new one - resale will be super shit.

I'm not sure how the Buell comes into either of those brackets...KTM all the way.

No one wants a second-hand Buell, hell...precious few people want a new one - resale will be super shit.

What's wrong with Buell?

I must admit i have never been on one but they look sweet as - They're tiny! You may have a point about the speed - i'm think they only have 140 on the cloc. To be honest for the 3K i would need for a second hand Buell i could buy such an amazing Enduro.

*waves Honda flag* transalp?

I'm looking for something fun in the 250 - 400cc area. It needs to be light enough to throw around but have enough power to get me to said 'fun' destinations.

If i was looking for something with a bit more power i would go for the Africa Twin - What a bike.

Fantastic bike :thumbup: That's what I use to tear up race tracks.

How fast do they go? I've not been on a bike for about 13 years. I was on the back of my bro's ZXR400 or it might of been a GSXR or summat. Green and white or blue and white he had both. We hit a little patch of diesel on a bend and come off and a bus nearly ran over me head! I not been on one since but our kid still loves em.

What's wrong with Buell?

Nothing bar no one wants one - and so the resale is through the floor. And they share the same attention to the British climate as HD. Go get one - but if your choice really is between an HD subsidiary and KTM then my choice is clear...although I'd rather have neither.

How fast do they go? I've not been on a bike for about 13 years. I was on the back of my bro's ZXR400 or it might of been a GSXR or summat. Green and white or blue and white he had both. We hit a little patch of diesel on a bend and come off and a bus nearly ran over me head! I not been on one since but our kid still loves em.

The R6 will top out at approx 155mph. Plenty fast enough for any road rider!! It's not all about speed though as a little R6 will out-corner any 1000cc bike (with the right rider).

Sorry to hear about your near death experience. That's one of the reasons I tend to stick to track days now rather than riding on the road. You just don't know where the next diesel patch or pot-hole will be, let alone some of the mad road users that are completely unprecictable.

In the right hands and the right conditions...motorbikes are brilliant.

The R6 will top out at approx 155mph. Plenty fast enough for any road rider!! It's not all about speed though as a little R6 will out-corner any 1000cc bike (with the right rider).

Sorry to hear about your near death experience. That's one of the reasons I tend to stick to track days now rather than riding on the road. You just don't know where the next diesel patch or pot-hole will be, let alone some of the mad road users that are completely unprecictable.

In the right hands and the right conditions...motorbikes are brilliant.

The world was out on bikes yesterday, the A5 was awash with machines...but damn the Beemer rider who left the M1 and didn't stop, cutting me up on the roundabout and going slowly. I don't often lose it with bike riders but this guy was left in no doubt that he was a fudging ****.

The world was out on bikes yesterday, the A5 was awash with machines...but damn the Beemer rider who left the M1 and didn't stop, cutting me up on the roundabout and going slowly. I don't often lose it with bike riders but this guy was left in no doubt that he was a fudging ****.

What is it with BMW riders/drivers?!? Two or four wheels, they can be arrogant w*nkers at times.

The weather was good yesterday and today and I had the same idea until I got both bikes out of the garage. The track bike started first time but my road going GSXR's battery would have scored me points on the death list thread!

Edited by Munzie

• 3 weeks later...

I have my first track day of the new year booked for this Sunday.

I'll be trashing around Rockingham Speedway, Northants at silly speeds all day for £80!

I'll try and get some pics uploaded after the event as my bike is now in LCFC colours.

I have my first track day of the new year booked for this Sunday.

I'll be trashing around Rockingham Speedway, Northants at silly speeds all day for £80!

I'll try and get some pics uploaded after the event as my bike is now in LCFC colours.

Many a wasted weekend i have spent at Rockingham - if you go down on the day you get last minute cancellations and spare slots for half the price.

• 2 weeks later...