Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Downside to small Italian steel: it breaks down, the engines are more stressed than the sedate Jap versions.

I say - the CG really is a good deal for passing your test on and then chopping for a decent 33bhp model. Buttons to insure, cheap to buy and possible to make a profit on when you sell.

Daggers talking sense shocker!!!

If I'm going to get a bike I want one I can do some serious damage on :thumbup:

I had bikes like the CG when I was 17 and that's probably what has stopped me riding a bike for 20 years.

Daggers talking sense shocker!!!

If I'm going to get a bike I want one I can do some serious damage on :thumbup:

I had bikes like the CG when I was 17 and that's probably what has stopped me riding a bike for 20 years.

No 125cc is going to be able to give you the exhileration that you get from a serious piece of machinery - which is why the Direct Access is so popular for the mature rider.

The CBR will bore the tits off you really quickly. You want something with a decent power to weight ratio so that when you give it berries it actually feels as if it's responding.

Something like direct access on a CB500 is a top way in simply because you can easily live with that bike for a year or two afterwards.

I think you should consider DA.

Yes.

That's sexy. Is it a new Fireblade or just a one off?

The CBR125 is a great bike to practice on. Good luck with your direct access.

Its a CBR600RR Ltd edition, my favourite bike in the Honda range lookswise

I had a look at the 4 cbr's, 2 Aprilia's a Cagiva and a cheap chinese import at diamond, when asked the question do you want speed or reliability I went for the later and he recommended the cbr. The Aprilias and Cagiva look good but less speed might be a better idea, I was told he wouldn't sell the chinese bike to his worst enemy.

Have you thought about a varadero? Bigger than any other 125 I'm aware so popular with commuters. Not sure what your budget is though?

I am ordering a CBR to arrive when I get back from hols in June so couldn't give you info before then but depending on your size they will do 70.

If your after something short term a CG is your best bet probs, though its replacement the CBF125 is lovely.

As for gear loads of people I work with recommended j & s.

No 125cc is going to be able to give you the exhileration that you get from a serious piece of machinery - which is why the Direct Access is so popular for the mature rider.

The CBR will bore the tits off you really quickly. You want something with a decent power to weight ratio so that when you give it berries it actually feels as if it's responding.

Something like direct access on a CB500 is a top way in simply because you can easily live with that bike for a year or two afterwards.

I think you should consider DA.

Yes.

DA was my original thought but I think a year on a smaller bike would be a good idea if I want to keep all my limbs attached in he right places, it's going to be tough finding a small bike that doesn't bore me to death and put me off bikes totally. I like the idea of an unreliable 2 stroke that goes a bit because it means plenty of spannering when not riding, thus 2 new hobbies for the off season.

I really need to take a step back and think this over but if I do the cash will stay in my pocket and I'll never ride a big bike, something I do want to do before popping off.

TBH the thing I'm most worried about is taking this observation test, some people say it's a total knightmare.

Thanks for that Hairy, I'm totally shocked didn't know that you could have an accident on a bike :frusty:

I might just end up with a cheap Suzuki GZ 125 for a few months, not much fun but at the right price it gets me some experience and can be traded for something a bit more exciting later.

I'm totally shocked didn't know that you could have an accident on a bike

Yes you can. Usually they are really bad ones and everyone dies.

This silly sausage was lucky to live

11gsk5e.jpg

but safer than riding an elephant

war_tiger.gif

Edited by hairy

Yes. Google says so. But bikers still die a lot.

Hi there you guys....

Bikes are generally safe and agree that bikes accidents are usually fatal.

Been riding for 15 years and had my first serious accident 5 mths ago....

broke my ankle and fractured my wrist. Now have 6 screws in my ankle

and 1 in my wrist.

Despite having right of way in traffic, was knocked down by a car.The young lady

has since been charged with drink driving.

Now giving up riding for good.......

Be extra extra Careful n Stay Alert Always........ :fc:

:beer:Stay away from booze when riding or driving

Anyone have any opinion about imported bikes, I've been offered a CBR125 import (at least that's what it says on the logbook) at a good price, only problem is it is a non-UK spec bike. If it produces over 13bhp that could be a problem legally on an L plate.

Anyone have any opinion about imported bikes, I've been offered a CBR125 import (at least that's what it says on the logbook) at a good price, only problem is it is a non-UK spec bike. If it produces over 13bhp that could be a problem legally on an L plate.

There has always been a stigma attached to imports in that allegedly, the warranty is not recognised and getting it serviced is hard to do. I have some mates that own 600cc & 1000cc imports and have not had problems. They have had the clocks changed from kph to mph and are very happy with them. The only downside is the value. Whilst you get a bargin when you buy it, you will have to sell it at a less value than UK bikes. I personally don't see that as a problem as it is all relative.

Given that it's a CBR125, something to cut your teeth on, there will always be a market for this sort of bike.

Not sure about the 13bhp rule. You may have to have it restricted.

There has always been a stigma attached to imports in that allegedly, the warranty is not recognised and getting it serviced is hard to do. I have some mates that own 600cc & 1000cc imports and have not had problems. They have had the clocks changed from kph to mph and are very happy with them. The only downside is the value. Whilst you get a bargin when you buy it, you will have to sell it at a less value than UK bikes. I personally don't see that as a problem as it is all relative.

Given that it's a CBR125, something to cut your teeth on, there will always be a market for this sort of bike.

Not sure about the 13bhp rule. You may have to have it restricted.

The guy trying to sell it seems to think it'll be ok but won't promise anything (he is a local bike dealer), don't think I'll take the risk.

The guy trying to sell it seems to think it'll be ok but won't promise anything (he is a local bike dealer), don't think I'll take the risk.

Personally, if it were me parting with hard earned cash, I'd stick with a UK spec.