Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

I've had loads - I'm getting another one. Brmm brmm. Brmmmmmmmmm. The wife doesn't really understand how much I'm planning on spending but what she doesn't know won't hurt her - at least I'm not pasting her pictures all over another thread.

Got one? Bike that is, not wife...although pictures of wives reclining over a bike in an undressed state is to be encouraged here.

I used to have a Yamaha PW50, loved it, Was really getting into my trail riding, was just about to move up to a bigger bike and then I found out how dangerous the machines were...My dad had an accident, fatal.

Not being stupid (Or he never was whenever I or anyone saw him), Just coming back from work, No-one actually knows what happened, but he somehow came of his bike and hit an oncoming car, and had fatal chest injuries, No-one knows why or how he came off.

Motorbikes are brilliant, I still love them, Still love watching Motorbike racing, but as cars - their dangerous machines.

22573_0_1_2_pw%2050_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

Loved my little PeeWee. :cry:

[!]

Wow. Sorry to hear it mate. Seriously.

Having lost friends and had others disabled through it, I should probably have more sense than to continue - but for me bikes are a way of life...football is nothing more than a hobby.

The next one is going to be my first proper custom, I've already mapped out the custom paint job I want done - I just need to find a really good paint shop to do it...and then an ink man for the matching tat.

I am sure they are brilliant and it's probably hard to recreate the feeling of standing outside a pub in the middle of nowhere in 42degrees heat wearing a black figure hugging leather suit BUT the one problem I have is other people!!

being quicker to get anywhere in Grantham by bike as in the pedal version it's shocking the amount of people that simply don't look when driving young people, old people, women drivers it's amazing the number people that don't see you or when pulling out of a junction don't look properly, reverse out of parking spaces without looking, pull upto junctions sticking half the car out into the road, accelerate when a traffic light turns red and so on

on a cycle you get chance to anticipate these sort of people and take action on a motorbike you are f**ked... you could be the safest most experienced rider ever but all it needs is one of these idiots and you simply don't stand a chance and personally I wouldn't want to take that risk!!

Well, that was disappointing. :(

Triumph, Birmingham simply didn't want my money...what a bunch of miserable bastards. Still, it's raining and the FA Cup is on in a bit so I'd not be doing a lot on it today.

Harumph. :angry:

During winter I'd get knocked off at least twice a year in Essex, commuting on the A127...the bike was built like a tank and could take it - but it looked awful. Their insurance always paid for our summer holidays. Wearing the right kit meant I'd only have bruises afterwards - in the end I just got bored with it happening and bought a 2CV for a couple of hundred quid.

The wife got off one bike in a lazy fashion and ended up searing the flesh from her bone on the exhaust. She only did that the once.

My only experience was in Thailand when I gave £2 and my passport to someone and they gave me a moped for the day. Racing around Koh Phangan was absolutely amazing, jungle on one side of you, the ocean on the other.

Just a shame that we stayed up all night at a party that night and I crashed it when taking it back to the hire place the following morning. It was the car's fault, not mine. Honest. My leg was such a state with blood and cuts and shit the woman didn't even charge me for the damage as she felt so sorry for me! :cool::D

I got this one:BSA-B20-1937.jpg a B20 1937

and I'm doing a '49 B31 Beeza up

I just sold a '55 Thunderbird on Ebay too, I'm gonna miss that, :cry: did 1000's of miles on her

The one I ride to work is a Laverda RGS; I went on a long ride last weekend, the first in about a couple of years, absolutely knackered when I got back, God I'm so out of practice!