Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Found Music 2008.

Best stuff you've turned up this year that's not new?

Galaxie 500 - On Fire is one of the best finds I've had in ages, beautiful stuff. Brilliant cover of 'Ceremony' probably my favourite track on there.

I've also got onto Blur's self titled album a bit late. I always thought them too patchy to be worth listening to a lot but it's brilliant.

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers by The National is another I've been listening to a lot lately, I can't get enough of it's first track and the rest is almost as good.

Been banging on about Simian's album for months now, no wonder they split after an album that good and with potential mass-market appeal pretty much flopped.

Galaxie 500 - On Fire is one of the best finds I've had in ages, beautiful stuff. Brilliant cover of 'Ceremony' probably my favourite track on there.

I have that! Years old.

More recently I have been listening to a lot of The Nationals stuff too. The live version of Today on the Virgina ep is fantastic.

Spoon's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga too. A bit pop but brilliant stuff.

Brightback Morning Light - Motion to Rejoin is a brilliantly morbid album.

Matty G's releases are good.

Retro stuff is more hip hop such as Return of the DJ Vol II is a brilliant piece of sctratch DJing and NWA's Straight Outta puts all this modern rap Kanye bollox to shame considering how old it is.

Still got your waffles account?

to be honest most of the really good stuff i have discovered this year has been jazz - stuff like Pee Wee Russell, for example...

also found a band that made one fablous pop album - 'Heaven Bound with Tony Scotti' -very sugary but really nice.

...started listening to Peter Skellern, who i enjoy now and, well, i bought a tonne of stuff on vinyl, but i don't have it in front of me now - i remember one band tho, called 'Peppermint Rainbow' who are very clever

a lot of scandinavian stuff, really... i'll have a look and post some names later

Still got your waffles account?

Yep. I'm thanking god I was fairly ahead of my ratio before I got to uni because I can do very little uploading here. I've got about 4-5 gigs more without uploading anything before I'll be on watch or owt.

Right this was a good idea so fuck you all.

Now now. I'll do you a favour and bring the ratio of your posts to total posts in this thread down a bit...

Planet Mu Records have been a revelation for me in recent weeks. Some great, fresh, innovative, original electronic music.

:D

You realise I'm not actually sat here with steam spilling from my ears repeatedly hitting F5, right?

Yeah, yeah. Right.

Do not let the thread die!

Err...

I also listened to those Arcade Fire folk the other week. The album before Neon Bible. Never really bothered with them in the past and I know I probably sound a bit old hat but it was really quite enjoyable. What was the song? Oh yeah, In the Backseat I think. Very nice.

Yeah, yeah. Right.

Err...

I also listened to those Arcade Fire folk the other week. The album before Neon Bible. Never really bothered with them in the past and I know I probably sound a bit old hat but it was really quite enjoyable. What was the song? Oh yeah, In the Backseat I think. Very nice.

I can see the headlines now....

James listens to band with Guitars shock!!!!

Yeah, yeah. Right.

Err...

The album is 'Funeral'.

In the Backseat = Taaayoooooon.

Now now. I'll do you a favour and bring the ratio of your posts to total posts in this thread down a bit...

Planet Mu Records have been a revelation for me in recent weeks. Some great, fresh, innovative, original electronic music.

for example, anything kinda jazzy, poppy, psychedelic...you know i'm kind of an easy listener

Archived