Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Amazon MP3 Albums

The Amazon MP3 Store is now open in the uk for those who buy LEGAL downloads this is an interesting development Chart albums like Kings of Leon, Elbow etc at £3.00 DRM free MP3s to what you want with!!

It's about time we got a decent deal in this country lets hope they carry on with the good deals I know in America they come out with some excellent special offers

That's good news Jay, but we're not quite there yet. I searched for some stuff I like that I can't get on E-music, like Afghan Whigs and Ladytron, and it's still £7-8 for an album, when I can buy the actual physical CD for that if I shop around. So I guess you have to get the timing right to get the bargains. I hate when downloads cost just as much as the physical object. I like packaging - give me Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating In Space in it's original case please! :thumbup:

That's good news Jay, but we're not quite there yet. I searched for some stuff I like that I can't get on E-music, like Afghan Whigs and Ladytron, and it's still £7-8 for an album, when I can buy the actual physical CD for that if I shop around. So I guess you have to get the timing right to get the bargains. I hate when downloads cost just as much as the physical object. I like packaging - give me Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating In Space in it's original case please! :thumbup:

That's basically why I've never downloaded a full album ever. I have to physically have it.

That's basically why I've never downloaded a full album ever. I have to physically have it.

true the physical product is lovely but when you get the value of something like Emusic where a song costs you like 17p each and therefore usually less than £2.00 an album it's a brilliant way to take a risk on something and open your ears to something new and different that is the price range a digital album should be you have no manufacturing costs of the physical product, no distribution costs, no retailers add ons so it should never cost as much as a CD.

I have always been baffled by people who pay the same price for a cd as a download off Itunes which is DRM riddled and not exactly future proof.

true the physical product is lovely but when you get the value of something like Emusic where a song costs you like 17p each and therefore usually less than £2.00 an album it's a brilliant way to take a risk on something and open your ears to something new and different that is the price range a digital album should be you have no manufacturing costs of the physical product, no distribution costs, no retailers add ons so it should never cost as much as a CD.

I have always been baffled by people who pay the same price for a cd as a download off Itunes which is DRM riddled and not exactly future proof.

I am absolutely loving eMusic. Best money I've spent for ages.

Which one you after?

You mean the single pill tray or the one with the pill per track? I like Pure Phase in the luminous cover or Sonic Booms debut solo album with the kaleidoscope cover

Just found an album I was looking for and was only on import and very expensive is now available on Amazon MP3 (Not on itunes) so saving me loads of money :thumbup:

Which one you after?

You mean the single pill tray or the one with the pill per track? I like Pure Phase in the luminous cover or Sonic Booms debut solo album with the kaleidoscope cover

I have the single pill one... the "sleeve notes" are just genius!

As for the Whigs, I only have Gentlemen and Black Love. Of the ones I'm missing 1965 and Congregation are the ones I were looking for.

Archived