Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Apple I-Touch

My old i-pod has pretty much conked out on me now but can't decide between an I-pod touch or a classic. Someway sway my decision!

I also have a video I-pod with 80g capacity but tbh when am I ever gonna need that amount of memory.

Therefore 16g is ample, the basic touch comes with several decent applications pre-installed already and the wifi internet is class (its quicker than my laptop). Its proper sleek, stylish and lightweight and the touchscreen is spot on (which is suprising really cos I thought being a 'Tommy-Dick-Finger' it might be difficult to use)....

Plump for the touch, you'll never look back.... :thumbup:

i just updated my touch the other day so it has that app store. If someone showed me that and i was in your position id get one. Its well good. has free apps and ones where you pay. there are thousands i reckon and alot of them are quality. got a fingerboard one today where you control a skateboard with your fingers on the screen around this skatepark :thumbup:

My old i-pod has pretty much conked out on me now but can't decide between an I-pod touch or a classic. Someway sway my decision!

If you have lots of music - Classic.

If you like horrible pop records like your good self and haven't got enough good stuff to fill it - Touch.

Hope that helps. :thumbup::whistle:

i just updated my touch the other day so it has that app store. If someone showed me that and i was in your position id get one. Its well good. has free apps and ones where you pay. there are thousands i reckon and alot of them are quality. got a fingerboard one today where you control a skateboard with your fingers on the screen around this skatepark :thumbup:

Where do I get this update from?

I don't want to pay anything by the way, am on Apple site and am struggling for free stuff.

If you have lots of music - Classic.

If you like horrible pop records like your good self and haven't got enough good stuff to fill it - Touch.

Hope that helps. :thumbup::whistle:

Got about 4500 songs on the current beast so looks like classic would be best.

Nothing wrong with pop stuff. <_< Kanye's on there in various forms too, all his albums, all the b-sides from the singles and lots of random tracks where he's featured with Brandy and Jamie Foxx amongst others :cool: In fact it's got a stupid amount of different genres.

Got about 4500 songs on the current beast so looks like classic would be best.

Nothing wrong with pop stuff. <_< Kanye's on there in various forms too, all his albums, all the b-sides from the singles and lots of random tracks where he's featured with Brandy and Jamie Foxx amongst others :cool: In fact it's got a stupid amount of different genres.

Then there is only one option - classic. I've got one and I love it. If you've got 4500 songs it'll be a right old pain in the arse deciding which ones you wanted to put onto a touch.

Then there is only one option - classic. I've got one and I love it. If you've got 4500 songs it'll be a right old pain in the arse deciding which ones you wanted to put onto a touch.

Anything by / featuring McFly, Girls Aloud and Lemar :whistle:

I'm also torn. I can either buy a 16Gb touch, or a 120Gb classic.

The touch would sure be a nice thing to have, but I have a LOT of music.

Tough choice.

As much as the touch is a nice piece of kit, I just have to think that all the functions on it are either on my phone or accessible from a laptop. Im assuming things like the internet are only accessible in range of a wireless internet connection so that would pretty much mean it'd only get used around the house anyway.

Im assuming the classic does videos and all that shizam on it as well and just doesnt have the decent games, touch screen and t'internet?

As much as the touch is a nice piece of kit, I just have to think that all the functions on it are either on my phone or accessible from a laptop. Im assuming things like the internet are only accessible in range of a wireless internet connection so that would pretty much mean it'd only get used around the house anyway.

Im assuming the classic does videos and all that shizam on it as well and just doesnt have the decent games, touch screen and t'internet?

Yeah, the classic does videos and some games.

I'm swaying towards the classic. Just because I need something to store a lot music, whereas the Touch sacrifices storage space and is more like a handheld computer.

I'll sleep on it :giggle:

Had a touch but I never used it. My Archos did the media and web stuff while the Classic does the music better.

It looks nice but there's stuff that does it all better. I plan on getting an iPhone in the new year which should bring my gadget buying to a close for a while.

I see no point to the iTouch if you have anything approaching a serious music collection.

Had a touch but I never used it. My Archos did the media and web stuff while the Classic does the music better.

It looks nice but there's stuff that does it all better. I plan on getting an iPhone in the new year which should bring my gadget buying to a close for a while.

I see no point to the iTouch if you have anything approaching a serious music collection.

I think it's that statement that's swaying me towards the classic.

I think it's that statement that's swaying me towards the classic.

It's also the one that stops me going for a touch while it remains at such a small level I would imagine with all the extra stuff on the Touch, applications etc that you will be lucky to get 25gb on a 32gb touch!!

I have about 90gb on portable hard drives which is the streamlined selection for me!! :whistle:

I don't buy into this you can change it over but I like to have the choice that if some random cover version, remix or song pops into my head then I can listen to as and when.

For someone as Eclectic as me I won't even consider a touch until it gets near to the 80gb mark which will not doubt be about £500 or something equally as stupid.

I agree with this in a round-about way. I have lots of music on my video ipod but rarely use it as I drive almost everywhere, it tends to get used more around the house in my docking station. Therefore, as I dont really use it that often and my music collection, if ever too large, can be stored on my laptop I went for the touch and am chuffed to bits with it...

On the other hand if you are somebody who uses your ipod alot away from home then maybe the classic is for you purely for the storage capacity...

I agree with this in a round-about way. I have lots of music on my video ipod but rarely use it as I drive almost everywhere, it tends to get used more around the house in my docking station. Therefore, as I dont really use it that often and my music collection, if ever too large, can be stored on my laptop I went for the touch and am chuffed to bits with it...

On the other hand if you are somebody who uses your ipod alot away from home then maybe the classic is for you purely for the storage capacity...

You could always use your IPOD through your car stereo while you are driving :thumbup:

Archived