Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Fans Shirt Choice Update

I trust the club's attention will also be drawn to the poll on this site about the matter.

The view of site members (95% of whom are genuine City fans) is fairly conclusive.

They will know what's being discussed on here, and they will be aware of the poll. I'll bloody well make sure of it! :whistle:

From the Merc

Leicester City today vowed that fans of opposing teams would not be able to sabotage the vote for what goes on the front of the club's 125th anniversary shirt.

It emerged that supporters of Coventry, Nottingham Forest and Derby are trying to do just that by voting for what they believe is the worst shirt.

However, City bosses have assured the Blue Army that a system is in place to stop any sabotage of the voting.

They also confirmed that only one vote per computer could be registered, despite one Coventry fan saying online: "By the way, you can re-vote over and over again just by refreshing the page if you wish."

A City spokesman said: "We've got a voting system in place that we're confident gives a true reflection of the shirt that Leicester City supporters will want the side to wear next season."

1x1.gif For the first time, supporters are being asked to help decide what goes on the front of the shirts next season, and the Leicester Mercury exclusively revealed the four options earlier this week.

They are Forever Foxes, 125 Years, Blue Army or a blank shirt.

On Coventry's Sky Blues fanzine, on the Rivals website, most hijackers are opting for the Forever Foxes design.

One forum user described the design as "one of the most ridiculous shirts I have seen."

Another comment said: "How cringingly embarrassing would it be if we decided to have 'Forever Sky Blues' on the front of our shirts?

"Voted A 23 times! Lets make them the laughing stock of football."

On the BBC 606 website, a City fan has warned that Forest and Derby supporters are voting for what they believe is the worst shirt.

The City spokesman would not say how many fake votes had been cast, nor which shirt was winning the vote.

He added that the club would not comment on other teams' supporters trying to sabotage the voting.

Cliff Ginnetta, Leicester City Supporters' Club chairman, described the saboteurs as "saddos."

Ginnetta said: "I think the vast majority of Leicester City fans won't pay any attention.

"They (the club) do this in good faith and it just gets messy. It's a shame.

"I don't know why they put it on the website, though. I would have thought the way would be to pick up a form on match days."

The majority of fans to comment on the Mercury website have called for the shirt to be left blank.

The online vote closes at noon on Sunday and the winner will be announced the following week. For more information, log on to:

www.lcfc.com

From the Merc

Leicester City today vowed that fans of opposing teams would not be able to sabotage the vote for what goes on the front of the club's 125th anniversary shirt.

It emerged that supporters of Coventry, Nottingham Forest and Derby are trying to do just that by voting for what they believe is the worst shirt.

However, City bosses have assured the Blue Army that a system is in place to stop any sabotage of the voting.

They also confirmed that only one vote per computer could be registered, despite one Coventry fan saying online: "By the way, you can re-vote over and over again just by refreshing the page if you wish."

A City spokesman said: "We've got a voting system in place that we're confident gives a true reflection of the shirt that Leicester City supporters will want the side to wear next season."

1x1.gif For the first time, supporters are being asked to help decide what goes on the front of the shirts next season, and the Leicester Mercury exclusively revealed the four options earlier this week.

They are Forever Foxes, 125 Years, Blue Army or a blank shirt.

On Coventry's Sky Blues fanzine, on the Rivals website, most hijackers are opting for the Forever Foxes design.

One forum user described the design as "one of the most ridiculous shirts I have seen."

Another comment said: "How cringingly embarrassing would it be if we decided to have 'Forever Sky Blues' on the front of our shirts?

"Voted A 23 times! Lets make them the laughing stock of football."

On the BBC 606 website, a City fan has warned that Forest and Derby supporters are voting for what they believe is the worst shirt.

The City spokesman would not say how many fake votes had been cast, nor which shirt was winning the vote.

He added that the club would not comment on other teams' supporters trying to sabotage the voting.

Cliff Ginnetta, Leicester City Supporters' Club chairman, described the saboteurs as "saddos."

Ginnetta said: "I think the vast majority of Leicester City fans won't pay any attention.

"They (the club) do this in good faith and it just gets messy. It's a shame.

"I don't know why they put it on the website, though. I would have thought the way would be to pick up a form on match days."

The majority of fans to comment on the Mercury website have called for the shirt to be left blank.

The online vote closes at noon on Sunday and the winner will be announced the following week. For more information, log on to:

www.lcfc.com

I'm sorry, but I have a horrible feeling the club aren't in control of the voting, and we're going to end up with the horrific "Foxes Forever" :sick: on the shirt.

Even if it's true what they are saying pretty much restricts it to one family one vote, not exactly democratic, even if it does mean MrsG's vote for 125 wont count, fortunately I got my blank vote in first :sweating:

What about separate applications which can be made?

I think Jakeshingler (?) made one, where you can open up a new page and just vote/refresh/vote and so on...

I started making a simple app to vote numerous times. Since hearing that the system may be 'intelligent' enough to only allow one vote per IP all i need to do is to add in a feature to renew my IP before voting again - it will take about 30 minutes to knock up! If i left it running until Sunday you're talking 1,000s of votes.

I started making a simple app to vote numerous times. Since hearing that the system may be 'intelligent' enough to only allow one vote per IP all i need to do is to add in a feature to renew my IP before voting again - it will take about 30 minutes to knock up! If i left it running until Sunday you're talking 1,000s of votes.

Work your magic Houdini!

they're all shocking apart from the blank one!!!!

why didn't they make four to choose from instead of the one that it's going to be with three other joke options!!!!

It's a bit like the multiple choice options on a phone in competion on tv

What is the capital of england, is it

A) New York

B) Capital FM

C) Germany

D) LONDON

:whistle:

It is possible that they may disregard any votes from the Nottingham, Derby, Coventry and Leeds areas or indeed any voters outside of Leicestershire. The idiots that made multiple votes will have had their IP logged, which can be traced to a location.

Archived