Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Weekend Football - When?

Weekend Football - When?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Weekend Football - When?

• Friday Nights
    • Saturday Midday or 5.30pm
    • Sunday 3pm

I suspect preparing the pitch, white lines, goal posts, etc will take a fair amount of time - more than half an hour :dunno:

Giving people the option is not only raising false hopes but will give you no idea as to whether Friday or Sunday is preferred.

You should have, at the very least done two polls Friday or Sunday and if you can manage to get agreement for Saturday early or late, there's now way it could be 5.30pm.

Friday night or Saturday Midday, So we can scramble the pitch up at little bit, Why should we play on the scrambled pitch that Tigers have made for us at 5.30pm or Sunday? Because we will quite clearly have to move to accommodate the Tigers - But I haven't voted because it should be Saturday - 3pm.

As I said earlier IMO the Tigers can fook off, I know the league rules are that on the last day of the season all games must kick off at the same time on the same day but that's their problem not ours, sorry, but they should have someone bright enough other than pen pushers that decide when the Tigers stadium starts to be demolished. Its our stadium - fook em'.

Did we play at the Tigers stadium for the last game of the season when Filbert Street was being demolished? No! And I wouldn't want to have.

Friday night or Saturday Midday, So we can scramble the pitch up at little bit, Why should we play on the scrambled pitch that Tigers have made for us at 5.30pm or Sunday? Because we will quite clearly have to move to accommodate the Tigers - But I haven't voted because it should be Saturday - 3pm.

As I said earlier IMO the Tigers can fook off, I know the league rules are that on the last day of the season all games must kick off at the same time on the same day but that's their problem not ours, sorry, but they should have someone bright enough other than pen pushers that decide when the Tigers stadium starts to be demolished. Its our stadium - fook em'.

Did we play at the Tigers stadium for the last game of the season when Filbert Street was being demolished? No! And I wouldn't want to have.

You're getting confused, or I am.

Isn't this the poll to do with us not being able to play at home on the same day as each other?

And surely it's not too hard to organise us at home alternate weeks. They do it for enough clubs.

You're getting confused, or I am.

Isn't this the poll to do with us not being able to play at home on the same day as each other?

And surely it's not too hard to organise us at home alternate weeks. They do it for enough clubs.

I thought the poll was to do about the last home game of the season?

Tigers - Fook em'

Surely it should be easy to sort out for league fixtures? Whichever set of fixtures (football or egg-chasing) is being compiled last should include an element in its computer programme ensuring that City and Tigers are not at home on the same weekend...so all City's home weekend fixtures could still be at 3.00 pm on a Saturday.

They already do that for Liverpool/Everton, Man U/Man C etc., don't they? Doesn't even matter if City are home same weekend as Forest, Sheep, Cov etc.

There'd be an issue with cup games, but I'm sure we could live with 50% of home FA Cup ties clashing with Tigers matches taking place on a Sunday (might even be possible to ensure, for example, that Tigers were scheduled to play away on FA Cup 3rd round weekend)...

Surely it should be easy to sort out for league fixtures? Whichever set of fixtures (football or egg-chasing) is being compiled last should include an element in its computer programme ensuring that City and Tigers are not at home on the same weekend...so all City's home weekend fixtures could still be at 3.00 pm on a Saturday.

They already do that for Liverpool/Everton, Man U/Man C etc., don't they? Doesn't even matter if City are home same weekend as Forest, Sheep, Cov etc.

There'd be an issue with cup games, but I'm sure we could live with 50% of home FA Cup ties clashing with Tigers matches taking place on a Sunday (might even be possible to ensure, for example, that Tigers were scheduled to play away on FA Cup 3rd round weekend)...

The leagues and the RFU should start talking to each other to ensure that fixture clashes are avoided wherever possible.

There are a number of teams affected, not just us.

Exactly. There's a number of football clubs that actually share their stadiums with rugby teams. You don't see them kicking off at half 6 on a thursday or whatever.

All those who have voted for saturday have wasted their votes, why give an option that isn't an option. The only way that matches won't be moved is if they don't clash so city, the league, tigers and the rfu need to get together on this.

SAG don't really want 2 matches on 1 weekend and everyone should work to get this sorted.

I had started to get a bit of respect for what the trust was doing but in the last month or 2 they've lost that.

Voted saturday midday/half 5. would prefer half 5, and for it to be on sky :P (but that ain't gonna happen!)

Rugby should be moved. Surely they could've scheduled the refurbishment of Welford Road a day after the rugby ganme?!

Archived