Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Season ticket Prices Frozen

Yes, but yet again it's how they sell it to us I find annoying and patronising, let's have some honesty. When will they realise they are not a 'normal' business and we are not 'normal' customers.

I'm not an accountant, and I'm not 100% sure on this, however, doesn't the financial year start in April some time ? Maybe the club want this money for their end of year finances ? I could be completley wrong though.

I still think it's a good deal, and with the club stretching direct debit payments over 12 months it means more fans can maybe afford it, not sure if the club actually have a surcharge for using DD or not ?!?

I'm not an accountant, and I'm not 100% sure on this, however, doesn't the financial year start in April some time ? Maybe the club want this money for their end of year finances ? I could be completley wrong though.

I still think it's a good deal, and with the club stretching direct debit payments over 12 months it means more fans can maybe afford it, not sure if the club actually have a surcharge for using DD or not ?!?

Last year I think it was £4 a month or something last year

Leicester's financial year starts 1st June, they have a May year end. Companies can choose any year end they like. I imagine we chose 31st May as it coincides with the end of the football season. I think a lot of clubs have similar year-ends.

This way they get in as much cash as possible, although it wouldn't in any way affect the profit/loss for the club as it'd all be deferred income cos it relates to the following season.

Considering we're going up, Milan was always going to put prices up anyway, inflation, and a 14.2M loss for last season, I don't think this is bad at all really, despite being pretty early. That deadline'll get extended after people complain as well.

Then again I've never been a season ticket holder and probably won't be for at least the next few seasons so feel free to ignore me entirely.

?

I guess this is the only thing they could do. I imagine there being a lot of empty grounds in 2009, when things are tight people aint gonna shell out for the current ticket prices. Hopefully by the season after ticket prices across the board will be slahsed to something more sensible.

Although the prices are frozen its a very cloak and dagger move by MM.

March 15th - deadline, that is a joke for starters.

The direct debit will cost you an extra £4 per month - "Admin Charge"

As davie G said, they are also making a cheeky profit on the VAT reduction that they have "failed" in passing on the discount.

For the majority of people, prices will be up as I cant see many paying by 15th March.

However its "your choice" is effectively what MM is saying. Clever.

The chance of me buying an ST next season is almost nil anyway.

Oh aye, same here

Although the prices are frozen its a very cloak and dagger move by MM.

March 15th - deadline, that is a joke for starters.

The direct debit will cost you an extra £4 per month - "Admin Charge"

As davie G said, they are also making a cheeky profit on the VAT reduction that they have "failed" in passing on the discount.

For the majority of people, prices will be up as I cant see many paying by 15th March.

However its "your choice" is effectively what MM is saying. Clever.

I expected them to go on sale at a higher price around April time anyway, so at least there's actually the option. Not that I'm going to take it up.

Last year I think it was £4 a month or something last year

Yep £4 "admin" charge per month.

So If I take the full 12 months then its £48 extra. On my ticket in L1 thats 14% extra!

This is just as bad as the Ryanair £4 card transaction per person per flight (return flight for 4 is an extra £32!).

Why didnt they just bite the bullet and offer us something that might just tempt some of the people who cant justify a ticket? It wouldnt cost them that much?

I wish I was 18 again :wub:

Happy with frozen prices and that my son's ticket will cost me less.

Any other exciting STH benefits? It's been months since the last one. :whistle:

Apparently we'll have exclusive use of the 1884 sports bar..

Not that I can afford to drink there anyway at their prices.. :angry:

I thought that was already the situation, leastwise whenever I've been in their I've had to show my ST :dunno:

What a wonderful benefit. With such perks they just go on spoiling us.

Maybe a pint in the bar should be £125. I'll e-mail Peter Jones...

March 15 is far too early. That means another £498 to cough up 3 months in advance compared with last season.

This will annoy everybody bigtime around me, me included, at tonights game.

Am I correct in assuming if I don't renew by March 15 then I'll lose my seat, or just my rights to a price freeze?

Whichever, it's a bit tight considering the current financial climate.

Oh, and a word of warning, if you choose installments, like I did this season, make sure they don't take an extra payment from your account after the final one is taken. To my horror I found myself over £100 down after they nicked it from my account. Apologies made, and money returned, but still it's worth noting.

Happy 125th anniversary. lol

The more I think about this, the more angry I feel about it. Rather than looking after their loyal season ticket holders, people like me who went into that hut off the carpark as the new stadium was being built and stared at the screen and said 'I want that one', they choose to force their hand.

Loyalty? Whatever.

It's forcing the hands of 'loyal supporters' when an additional financial burden, so soon after christmas, is neither needed or warranted.

No, I'm not impressed with this. Not at all. :mad::mad::mad:

Archived