Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Season ticket Prices Frozen

Leicester City today announced a freeze on season ticket prices for 2009/10 ... and unveiled a new package of benefits to attract more families, teenagers and children to the Walkers Stadium.

Irrespective of football in either League One or the Championship, City chairman Milan Mandaric has pledged to keep the price of watching football the same at this season's rates.

As part of the club's commitment to a special supporter-focussed 125th anniversary, City also outlined a series of creative packages designed to deliver affordable family football at the Walkers Stadium.

Adult season ticket prices start from £275, which equates to less than £12 per match, with prices for a new category of under 18 season ticket slashed to just £125.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "We have enjoyed marvellous support and this is our way of saying thank you to our loyal fans.

"Our season ticket prices continue to compare very favourably with other clubs of similar stature and size.

"Next season is going to be very special as it is the club's 125th anniversary. We are determined that the whole Leicester family is able to enjoy that.

"We have taken the decision that, irrespective of which division we are competing, prices will not increase for our existing season ticket holders.

"Indeed, in the case of some of our younger supporters, we have introduced categories of season ticket which make it cheaper for some age groups and for families next season.

"We want to encourage more family members to support the Club together and we will happily reward this with price incentives.

"Our Direct Debit facility has also been extended, offering supporters the opportunity to spread the cost of their Season Tickets over up to 12 months.

"We are doing everything possible to ensure that being a season ticket holder here is as affordable as possible."

The under 16 season ticket has now been expanded to under 18s at a special price of £125 for the season - to commemorate the club's 125th anniversary. This represents a substantial reduction on existing under 16 season ticket prices, which ranged from £130-£170.

New adult and child season ticket packages are also being unveiled for the first time to help encourage generations of City fans - with prices starting from £270 for an adult and child sitting together.

The Club also hopes to engage the local Student population, with a series of initiatives planned for next season.

City's 11,500 season ticket holders have until March 15 to reserve their seat and renew at existing prices.

After this date prices will increase by five per cent up to April 30. There is an additional 10 per cent increase after this date.

The Sports Bar at the stadium will also become a season ticket holders only facility and an upgrading of facilities and services are planned for Family Club members.

Leicester City today announced a freeze on season ticket prices for 2009/10 ... and unveiled a new package of benefits to attract more families, teenagers and children to the Walkers Stadium.

Irrespective of football in either League One or the Championship, City chairman Milan Mandaric has pledged to keep the price of watching football the same at this season's rates.

As part of the club's commitment to a special supporter-focussed 125th anniversary, City also outlined a series of creative packages designed to deliver affordable family football at the Walkers Stadium.

Adult season ticket prices start from £275, which equates to less than £12 per match, with prices for a new category of under 18 season ticket slashed to just £125.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "We have enjoyed marvellous support and this is our way of saying thank you to our loyal fans.

"Our season ticket prices continue to compare very favourably with other clubs of similar stature and size.

"Next season is going to be very special as it is the club's 125th anniversary. We are determined that the whole Leicester family is able to enjoy that.

"We have taken the decision that, irrespective of which division we are competing, prices will not increase for our existing season ticket holders.

"Indeed, in the case of some of our younger supporters, we have introduced categories of season ticket which make it cheaper for some age groups and for families next season.

"We want to encourage more family members to support the Club together and we will happily reward this with price incentives.

"Our Direct Debit facility has also been extended, offering supporters the opportunity to spread the cost of their Season Tickets over up to 12 months.

"We are doing everything possible to ensure that being a season ticket holder here is as affordable as possible."

The under 16 season ticket has now been expanded to under 18s at a special price of £125 for the season - to commemorate the club's 125th anniversary. This represents a substantial reduction on existing under 16 season ticket prices, which ranged from £130-£170.

New adult and child season ticket packages are also being unveiled for the first time to help encourage generations of City fans - with prices starting from £270 for an adult and child sitting together.

The Club also hopes to engage the local Student population, with a series of initiatives planned for next season.

City's 11,500 season ticket holders have until March 15 to reserve their seat and renew at existing prices.

After this date prices will increase by five per cent up to April 30. There is an additional 10 per cent increase after this date[/b].

The Sports Bar at the stadium will also become a season ticket holders only facility and an upgrading of facilities and services are planned for Family Club members.

wooo £125 get in

I am going to be in the financial position (finally) to get a season ticket next season.

I haven't had one since the last season at Filbert street.

So my first one at the Walkers.

All the hard years paying off debt and finally a nice reward of watching Burnley, Blackpool and the like.

That wasn't part of the plan. lol

I shall enjoy it anyway.

March 15th is very early in order to take advantage of the price freeze, they like to give with one and take with another - talk about sleight of hand.

Edited to add - I see no evidence of the VAT reduction either!

Do they still have the high admin charge for those direct debit payments? March is far to early, most people are just finishing off paying for Christmas!

Exactly. Clever business again by Mr Mandarich. Very few will be able to hand over £125 + just after Xmas. Even the second Date is early. Therefore the club are more likely to see more people paying the extra 10% due to lack of funds before the deadline dates.

:angry:

Considering we're going up, Milan was always going to put prices up anyway, inflation, and a 14.2M loss for last season, I don't think this is bad at all really, despite being pretty early. That deadline'll get extended after people complain as well.

Then again I've never been a season ticket holder and probably won't be for at least the next few seasons so feel free to ignore me entirely.

March 15th is very early in order to take advantage of the price freeze, they like to give with one and take with another - talk about sleight of hand.

Edited to add - I see no evidence of the VAT reduction either!

Still, to be offering any kind of price freeze when we look like going back up to the Championship is not too shabby. I expected the club to just whack them up regardless.

Still, to be offering any kind of price freeze when we look like going back up to the Championship is not too shabby. I expected the club to just whack them up regardless.

Yes, but yet again it's how they sell it to us I find annoying and patronising, let's have some honesty. When will they realise they are not a 'normal' business and we are not 'normal' customers.

What about the student price too? some people are over 22 and students.

DOH :angry:

Bugger your luck if you are a student of mature years
What's happened to the student deals, is there no student deal for over 22's???

I have already asked the question, and I am waiting for a reply.

Archived