Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pearson - Boring, Miserable & Passionless

Best moment yesterday was when we started chanting 'Pearson, Knock Him Out!' (the ref), and he made a hilarious suggestive lift of the eyebrows. He even took a swipe at the dugout window in frustration at (yet another) bad ref's decision!

Interesting to see that video cos it was the same yesterday. There was nothing of the Martin Allen "I am" about it but it was all about involving his lieutenants in sharing the triumph as well as the team.

Pearson clearly appreciates the part played by his backroom staff just as he appreciates the support of City fans and he seeks to benefit from that even to the point of urging an uplift in noise when Hobbs was dismissed yesterday and when the fans backing was so important.

But everything Pearson does seems connected to the job in hand. He's not one to bring pressure on himself or the team. He doesn't make excuses or wallow in self-pity. He stays philosophical.

Even when we play badly there's still a work ethic to the side and I don't think I've ever heard him criticise a single player in public unlike that prat Holloway.

What Pearson has developed is vital to winning football matches. He's developed a clan spirit that involves himself, his assistants, his team and the fans. All for One and One for All.

And it's a spirit that has helped no end when we've been below our best. Especially yesterday.

he may not be the most passionate manager we have had but he does have his moments on the touchline!!

That picture of Howard should be seen around the ground somewhere. It so sums the guy up - a bloke determined to squeeze the last ounce from every situation.

Interesting to see that video cos it was the same yesterday. There was nothing of the Martin Allen "I am" about it but it was all about involving his lieutenants in sharing the triumph as well as the team.

Pearson clearly appreciates the part played by his backroom staff just as he appreciates the support of City fans and he seeks to benefit from that even to the point of urging an uplift in noise when Hobbs was dismissed yesterday and when the fans backing was so important.

But everything Pearson does seems connected to the job in hand. He's not one to bring pressure on himself or the team. He doesn't make excuses or wallow in self-pity. He stays philosophical.

Even when we play badly there's still a work ethic to the side and I don't think I've ever heard him criticise a single player in public unlike that prat Holloway.

What Pearson has developed is vital to a winning football matches. He's developed a clan spirit that involves himself, his assistants, his team and the fans. All for One and One for All.

And it's a spirit that has helped no end when we've been below our best. Especially yesterday.

Couldn't agree with you more Thrac :thumbup:

Correct, I wouldnt mind seeing that in the Walkers somewhere next season.

You know that shop in the Highcross where you can stick a picture in art mode and have it on canvas.

I'm considering having one of those of Sooper Stevie or us lifting the champions trophy for my bedroom.

You know that shop in the Highcross where you can stick a picture in art mode and have it on canvas.

I'm considering having one of those of Sooper Stevie or us lifting the champions trophy for my bedroom.

I was just thinking that, I'd get it signed aswell if I did it.

In the words of Peter Griffin:

That is the smartest thing I've heard anybody say about anything.

:worship:

Archived