Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Here we go

Optimeter  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Swindon Home outcome???

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

"A change of name is more than a change of name, it's something more.

Its a chance to show the world who you've always wanted to be"

"We are changing, will you?"

Opometer is changing it's name to Optimeter.

Freezing, nakered and angry after a shocking 0-0 draw.

But we will beat Swindon next week 3-0

:yahoo::bounce::yahoo:

Although the Brighton game still nags away too, it is hard to imagine us being so uninspiring in yet another home match.

Oldham deserved respect but bloody hell we flattered them.

It's no use debating the team. We're top of the table, people think the guy sits on the right hand of God and Pearson has no reason at all not to continue going his own way.

So given the racing certainty that it will be more of the same in terms of line-up and that Swindon can try to adapt the same smothering tactics that worked for Oldham and Brighton, what can the manager say to change things that he won't have said countless times already?

Perhaps he could get us to close down faster, the break forward quicker and in greater numbers and to shoot on sight. Perhaps he could get us to take proper corners - it is beond belief that a professional footballer should constantly fail to deliver a cross from a corner or any other sort of set piece.

I'm told our team works bloody hard in training. From the evidence of Saturday it is presumably at the wrong things.

I have every faith that this week will be better. At least I hope so.

Being three hours late for my dinner my wife gave some indication that she might have said something. But, having no me a long time and having the good sense to ask how the team got on she heard the mention of "nil" and wisely chose to shut up.

Basically I see no excuse for training all week, carefully picking a team and scoring nil.

But with the lack of drive Saturday it was no surprise. In racing terms it was like watching the canter down to the starting stalls rather than an actual race.

Perhaps he could get us to close down faster, the break forward quicker and in greater numbers and to shoot on sight. Perhaps he could get us to take proper corners - it is beond belief that a professional footballer should constantly fail to deliver a cross from a corner or any other sort of set piece.

Never a truer word said. Even I can get my corners over the first defender when I take them down the park. It's not hard at all. Just look at where you want to hit it, keep your eye on the ball and bang. A pro who gets paid a few thousand quid a week should whip a good corner in no problem.

I like how you change the title of the thread so people are fooled into voting for your opometers.

Yes because thats exactly what i thought when i made the thread :frusty:

Anyway there was over 100 votes in the last opometer that you all were supposed to be boycotting for some strange reason.

Its not MY Opometer its for everyone to vote for their outcome of the next game.

Why have you posted in this thread if you hate it so much and clearly hate all my posts so much :dunno:

If you don't like it fook off.

lol

What a load of crap.

If you have nothing to say about any of posts thats relevant don't say it.

What was the point in posting that you arsehole :dunno:

As i said to Walkers, if you don't like it, just fook off.

And stop all your sarky comments about everything i post.

I have my opinion you have yours, just get lost if you don't like it.

To be honest maddog, these opo/opti-shits are pretty predictable, and hence pointless. How many games this season have there been since there was less than 80/90% of voters who thought we'd win?

People either vote 'win' because they have a delusion that we should win every game in this division, or 'win' because we're in great form.

To be honest maddog, these opo/opti-shits are pretty predictable, and hence pointless. How many games this season have there been since there was less than 80/90% of voters who thought we'd win?

People either vote 'win' because they have a delusion that we should win every game in this division, or 'win' because we're in great form.

There aren't many decent threads on this forum anyway.

Id rather have a thread like this discussing the outcome of the next match and having a vote for a laugh, than discussing yesterdays match and the table which is all pretty irrelevant.

The next match is always important though.

And after a poor 0-0 draw, and Swindon coming back at their place to 2-2 there may not be as many voting win this time :dunno:

And its clearly annoying some people or they wouldn't post, o dear, what a load of crap etc, the more they post bullshit like that, the more of these il do :crylaugh:

Lay off maddog. Some shouldn't take this so seriously.

THere are plenty of other more threads/topics that are much more useless than this (I'm not saying this is useless by the way)

Just a bit of fun to see some people's perspective on what might happen.

I'm sure people only vote win because maybe, just maybe, they think that we can win the game. Just a possibility...

There aren't many decent threads on this forum anyway.

Id rather have a thread like this discussing the outcome of the next match and having a vote for a laugh, than discussing yesterdays match and the table which is all pretty irrelevant.

Yesterday's match and the table are pretty important actually.

We'll move on to Swindon at some point this week.

Yesterday's match and the table are pretty important actually.

We'll move on to Swindon at some point this week.

Yesterdays match is over, it can't be changed.

We shouldn't be looking at the table and excusing a bad performance. We all know how fantastic we have been in some games this season, and what football we are capable, of.

Of course we will never play that well every week, but we need to make sure we are as near as that as possible each week.

It just looked a lazy performance yesterday from all concerned, topped off by Fryatts missed penalty, the extreme lack of anyone having a shot with Windass in goal, and even from Pearson, who i :wub: by the way, but i think his subs were 5-10 minutes too late, and has possibly made a mistake loaning out Dj, on the other hand, a masterstroke as he builds up his confidence there and is on fire next season in the Championship again, hopefully when we get there.

We should be looking to play to the best of our ability every game, ignore the table, ignore other teams results, and play the best we can ourselves.

It wouldn't be as bad had yesterday just been an average performance, but average performances this season have got us a lot of wins, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers, and others.

Yesterday was almost as bad as Brighton.

Im not expecting us to play like Brazil every week, just a bit of desire and effort, which they may have been giving but i didn't notice it yesterday.

Nor deep down am i expecting us to finish anywhere higher than mid-table in the Championship next season, so there should be nothing to lose and lets just go for it when we are there.

Some will say there has been for too much praise for certain players this season, like Fryatt, who has scored a lot of goals, but the oppenents are poor, and Fryatt looks nothing special. And too much negative for Dj who hasn't even been given a chance, Dickov, Howard, Hayles.

I refuse to believe that everything i think is completely different to al you lot on here, ive been a season ticket holder for 11 years plus not as long as some and rarely go to away games, but i still watch all the games, don't drink before or do drugs so i think i know whats going on. Yet most of my posts are just mocked basically :crylaugh:

Anyway get your votes in lol lol :yahoo:

I still think this is pretty pointless because it'll still have the same outcome. Due to the way we're playing at the moment, the majority of people will always be optimistic and say that we're going to win.

Fair play to Maddog for carrying it on though.

Archived