Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Oakley Scoops Award

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1550645,00.html

Oakley Scoops Award!

Posted on: Mon 09 Feb 2009

Leicester City midfielder Matt Oakley was this evening (Monday) named the Powerade League One Player of the Month for January.

The Foxes stand-in captain beat off Other players nominated are Aaron Wilbraham (MK Dons), Gary Hooper (S****horpe) and Mark Yeates (Colchester United) to collect the prize.

The result makes it a double for Leicester - with Matty Fryatt picking up the same award last month.

The Foxes secured four league wins and a draw during the period - with Oakley featuring in each game.

He said: "I am very pleased to win the award. I have been taking a bit of stick from Lloyd Dyer and Andy King about them scoring more goals. So I am glad to have got the first award on the board!

"The team has been doing well and I am enjoying my football at the moment."

The City squad will now spend the week preparing for Saturday's League One clash against Swindon Town at the Walkers Stadium.

Tickets remain on general sale for the clash - CLICK HERE for further details.

Well done Matt :thumbup:

I think his status as an ex-Premier League player [heavy emphasis on the ex-] may possibly have been an influence on those who voted.

He helped to keep the unbeaten run going, and had a decent game against Huddersfield, as even I acknowledged at the time.

But it's ironic that his award comes at a time when his form, at least in home matches, is starting to look a bit wobbly again.

Let's hope it enables him to regain some form in the Swindon game.

He said: "I am very pleased to win the award. I have been taking a bit of stick from Lloyd Dyer and Andy King about them scoring more goals. So I am glad to have got the first award on the board!

Team spirit and a productive friendly rivalry - how often do/did we hear stuff like this in the last few seasons?

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1550645,00.html

Oakley Scoops Award!

Posted on: Mon 09 Feb 2009

Leicester City midfielder Matt Oakley was this evening (Monday) named the Powerade League One Player of the Month for January.

The Foxes stand-in captain beat off Other players nominated are Aaron Wilbraham (MK Dons), Gary Hooper (S****horpe) and Mark Yeates (Colchester United) to collect the prize.

The result makes it a double for Leicester - with Matty Fryatt picking up the same award last month.

The Foxes secured four league wins and a draw during the period - with Oakley featuring in each game.

"The team has been doing well and I am enjoying my football at the moment."

The City squad will now spend the week preparing for Saturday's League One clash against Swindon Town at the Walkers Stadium.

Tickets remain on general sale for the clash - CLICK HERE for further details.

Well done Matt :thumbup:

link doesn't work :whistle:

Archived