Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Doncaster away

Afternoon all. I just joined the forums because I'm trying to get to know the community as well as try to head to a game. I didn't see a welcome forum (but I didn't look far) so I'll just introduce myself here as well as post my question.

Anyway, I'm an American doing an exchange study program near Grantham. I've loved football since I was around 8. I still haven't been to a proper match (unless you count Grantham Town- I don't...). Most of the college here is made up of Americans, and they all either like Newcastle, Man Yoo, or Nottingham Forest. I don't really care to support any of those teams, and I don't really have one I support. I sort of follow Hull City since my GF lives there (UGH, that is depressing) and Brighton as well- cousin (again, depressing), but I don't really have a team to cheer for.

I wanted to know if you'd all mind an American tagging along to the Doncaster game, since it's a straight shot up the train line, or if you'd prefer I leave an away ticket to fans who know what the hell they're doing, and go to the home game against Forest the next weekend. Just let me know. :)

Course we dont mind! :thumbup:

Course we dont mind! :thumbup:

^^ Mmkay. If I do end up going, which I still have to clear and buy (I hope my card works. >.<) are all of you meeting somewhere prior? Or just at the stadium?

Sorry to double post, but let me try to figure this out- the tickets for the game are available at the stadium when we get there- and if we happen to arrive just a tad bit too late, we're SOL? Or how does that work? How early do the sales start?

Depends if you fancy pre match festivities...

We'll get the 6:29 from sheffield so be there to catch that.

Would be about £14 if i've done it right.

Looks a bit dodgy getting kids tickets and then catching a train during school hours though :ermm:

Would be about £14 if i've done it right.

Looks a bit dodgy getting kids tickets and then catching a train during school hours though :ermm:

The tattooed lads, stinking of booze and fags who got on the train from Sileby to Leicester the other day managed to get away with kids train tickets.

So, anyway, I've been told that I cannot, in fact, go to the game. I was just assigned an essay due tomorrow at 10, and none of my group can meet anytime other than this evening. This essay is part of a module that is 30% of the course grade, so I can't slack off, unfortunately. I'll have to try some other time.

*sigh*

Archived