Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Chav screening

You think Lincoln is bad - have you ever been to Boston?  :o  lol

112185[/snapback]

I was born there! :unsure:

112283[/snapback]

Ooooooh Soz mate, I live near there - I sympathise :D

,May 20 2005, 5:16 PM]
You think Lincoln is bad - have you ever been to Boston?  :o  lol

112185[/snapback]

Unfortunately the answer to that question is yes lol

112212[/snapback]

Tis Chav Central and no mistaking!

112220[/snapback]

What about Nuneaton then?!?!? Nuneaton shopping Arcade is full of them! :mad:

Worst and I suppose funniest thing is one lad I knew from school is 'trying' to be a chav! Shouldn't he have a job by now? shouldn't he be hanging around with people his age? I mean he's 18 nearly 19! lol!!!

And the worst thing than chavs...are wannabe chavs! :mad:

I have a suggestion re newbies starting new, pointless, threads.

Can the admin ban/block anybody with less than 100 posts from starting a new thread? This way they will actually read other threads and add replies rather than simply posting a new thread.

Can the admin ban/block anybody with less than 100 posts from starting a new thread? This way they will actually read other threads and add replies rather than simply posting a new thread.

112753[/snapback]

That is a good idea. I second it Anish :thumbup:

112753[/snapback]

112779[/snapback]

Tis a good idea however I know for a fact if I was a newbie I would want to start threads, so if I couldn't start a thread I wouldn't use that messageboard, and this is probably a reason which would put Mr Chainsaw off because it would make less people reigster to the boards and less users would come on!

Yeah i suppose :( 

what we really need is something that would stop people from disobeying the forum rules. Maybe a compulsory read before their first post?

112795[/snapback]

Well on registering don't you have to/supposed to read the terms and conditions and then click a box to say you have read them, so whats gonna make them read the conditions of the boards?

On most things where you have to click the box about terms and conditions I personally just click the box and continue....

Yeah i suppose :( 

what we really need is something that would stop people from disobeying the forum rules. Maybe a compulsory read before their first post?

112795[/snapback]

Well on registering don't you have to/supposed to read the terms and conditions and then click a box to say you have read them, so whats gonna make them read the conditions of the boards?

On most things where you have to click the box about terms and conditions I personally just click the box and continue....

112800[/snapback]

Oh yeah :doh:

To be honest so do i... :P

But maybe a points system. 2/3 bad strikes and your out sort of thing?

112753[/snapback]

112779[/snapback]

Tis a good idea however I know for a fact if I was a newbie I would want to start threads, so if I couldn't start a thread I wouldn't use that messageboard, and this is probably a reason which would put Mr Chainsaw off because it would make less people reigster to the boards and less users would come on!

112781[/snapback]

I don't see what the attraction in is starting new threads. If they only join the forum to start their own threads then that just proves that they aren't going to read any other threads - which is why they should reach some sort of posts quota before having the ability to start threads.

112753[/snapback]

112779[/snapback]

112781[/snapback]

I don't see what the attraction in is starting new threads. If they only join the forum to start their own threads then that just proves that they aren't going to read any other threads - which is why they should reach some sort of posts quota before having the ability to start threads.

112806[/snapback]

Thats true and I agree but if theres something you want to say and a threads not been started on the subject then its not really fair is it? For example the other day I wanted to know if anyone knew when the Celtic tickets go on sale, so I posted the question.

The only thing I could think of which would take up mods/admins time is you can't start a new thread until over 100(Or whatever you have to reach) but if you want to start a new thread you have to go and ask to do so via admin/mods

Sorry just scanned this so if its been suggested I apologise. Why not just do as Anish suggested but make the post count less - i.e 20 or something, it wouldnt take long to get to 20 and and by that time they would have got the feeling of how the forum works and would be less inclined to start shit/already in circulation threads :D

It's possible to stop newcomers starting new topics, but that's not an option because i'm sure we'll have some decent new members who maybe have viewed the forum for quite some time, then they happen to sign up one day to post a certain topic and find out they can't actually post :rolleyes:

I've set up a new member group which doesn't allow posting new topics, all these members that constantly keep making horrible topics will be moved into that group. Then if their posting improves i can move them back.

Hopefully this'll work :D

It's possible to stop newcomers starting new topics, but that's not an option because i'm sure we'll have some decent new members who maybe have viewed the forum for quite some time,  then they happen to sign up one day to post a certain topic and find out they can't actually post :rolleyes:

I've set up a new member group which doesn't allow posting new topics, all these members that constantly keep making horrible topics will be moved into that group. Then if their posting improves i can move them back.

Hopefully this'll work  :D

112943[/snapback]

Oooh, good idea!!

What members are in there at the moment?

It's possible to stop newcomers starting new topics, but that's not an option because i'm sure we'll have some decent new members who maybe have viewed the forum for quite some time,  then they happen to sign up one day to post a certain topic and find out they can't actually post :rolleyes:

Hopefully this'll work  :D

112943[/snapback]

Well done Mr Chainsaw, great idea :):thumbup:

Well done Mr Chainsaw, good move. Although I am also irratated by Dog_4 who keeps posting in the wrong forum time after time. :P

,May 19 2005, 8:45 PM]Is Greebo even used?

The only time I ever saw it ever used was in the Young Telegraph about 6-7 years ago when they had a mini report on "Townies vs Greebos".

Isn't a pop or anything, just curious.

I think the reason for the whole anti-chav thing is because a lot of people have had bad experiences with them, or just seen a lot of them acting like nobbers.

I remember a time when I was 15 when a chav guy said me "I don't want people like you in my city" (I was in Lincoln) and flicked my ear and practically screamed when I didn't move.

That was probably the funniest thing that's ever happened to be when sitting in Waterside shopping centre.

He just walked off after about 10 minutes.

111820[/snapback]

What do you expect in Chavside Stealing Centre :rolleyes:

I remember a few months back me and some mates got a chicken nugget thrown at us in McDonalds, so we turned around to see who it was and it was really stereotypical chav. We just ignored him but he came over to my mate and threatened to beat him up and make him eat his Mcflurry of the floor because he was looking at him....ofcourse he was you just threw a chicken nugget at us!

That same day we got bombarded with stones and coins by a bunch of chavs.

No I wonder I hate them.

111850[/snapback]

I understand why you hate them mate, I can't stand them. It just annoys me that anyone who doesn't have long greasy hair and listen to heavy rock music is stereotyped as one. I don't think this is fair.

Teeno

I understand why you hate them mate, I can't stand them. It just annoys me that anyone who doesn't have long greasy hair and listen to heavy rock music is stereotyped as one. I don't think this is fair.

Good point well made Teeno, I hate people who are stereotypical, this whole thread is that in a nutshell.

Im sorry Anish but i dont like your idea. Let people post what they want as long as its in the forum rules. If not get rid of it, and if it comes to it get rid of them.

Im sorry people, but start moaning about something worth moaning about.

Archived