Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC-ARAB

Red Dead Redemption

Whats the lowdown on this then guys?

Should be playing it later round my mates.

I love it but the multiplayer is VERY glitchy atm. I keep getting network connection errors and then it wont let me re-connect to multiplayer. It's happened to a bunch of my friends too. Plus when you are doing the free roam, at random times, you go invisible! or you are visible and you horse isn't, or even weirder your gun is invisible. Plus I was trying to clear out one of the hideouts during free roam for one of the challenges and at certain points my guy would just randomly freeze and the only way to fix it was too jump too another free roam and start the challenge all over again.

The single player is great though. If you like GTA then you will love this game, simple as that.

I love it but the multiplayer is VERY glitchy atm. I keep getting network connection errors and then it wont let me re-connect to multiplayer. It's happened to a bunch of my friends too. Plus when you are doing the free roam, at random times, you go invisible! or you are visible and you horse isn't, or even weirder your gun is invisible. Plus I was trying to clear out one of the hideouts during free roam for one of the challenges and at certain points my guy would just randomly freeze and the only way to fix it was too jump too another free roam and start the challenge all over again.

The single player is great though. If you like GTA then you will love this game, simple as that.

I'm sure the online will get sorted soon.

Can't wait to get this, as soon as my exams are over, I'll be purchasing this. :)

Devs are working on a patch to address this.

I hope this free-roaming is more GTA4 than Far Cry 2.

What a total disaster Far Cry 2 was. Simply awful.

Shall probably get this, but I hate to say it, Mario Galaxy 2... :ph34r:

cant get into it atm, think i get restless with the heat lol is good though, got addicted to playing poker on it last night! it bloody annoying though, every time i do some exploring i somehow end up doing a full circel and end up back at the bloody start! ah well took me a while to get into arkham asylum and that was immense so being patient.

Edited by morris1234

Might get this today if I can get it for about £35, never been a fan of spending £40+ on games.

Whats the general verdict on it?

I traded in a load of old games at Gamestation so didn't have to shell out any £££'s. I really like it, it looks great and there does seem to be an awful lot to do. The comparision with GTA IV is valid but I think it shares some similarities with Fallout as well in terms of the immersive world. Marston is a likeable character and so far I haven't really stepped the wrong side of the law (i.e. shooting civilians) unlike in GTA where I usually end up spending more time "messing about" running people over rather then playing "properly".

The missions seem to be a bit more forgiving as well - if you mess up you don't have to start all the way from the start again.

Game is superb - Spent ages playing the horseshoe throwing game last night!

I had a few games yesterday, I'm useless at it and haven't won a game, did manage to get the achievement for it though by getting a ringer. Lucky shot.

Some brilliant achievements... lol

Hogtie.jpg

Edited by Fox You Forest

I had a few games yesterday, I'm useless at it and haven't won a game, did manage to get the achievement for it though by getting a ringer. Lucky shot.

Hogtie.jpg

Want the best achievement?

edit: ha your photo didn't come up when I linked that video, great minds.

Edited by Unit

Hogtie.jpg

I struggled at first with the horseshoes but found that using the "aim view" enables you to line up the direction. The tricky part is releasing it in the middle of the swing. I won my first game, although it was only for $5 so I suppose it is harder with a bigger bet.