Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Rockaboom.

I'm sure they would what is it you after how obscure is it? or is it deleted or something?

Just a hiphop album released today, Its been released in 1 chain of shops stateside, and I cant find it anywhere online other than iTunes. Im doubting itll be available at all over here

Just a hiphop album released today, Its been released in 1 chain of shops stateside, and I cant find it anywhere online other than iTunes. Im doubting itll be available at all over here

Yes they will order anything for you. As long as they can get it

Capone & Noreaga - War Report 2?? (Random guess, but it was released 13th Jul in the US - also a great album!)

If so, released on Amazon UK on 9th Aug.

If not, what Album?

Rockaboom used to be great for HipHop when I lived in Leicester. Does it still stock a lot?

Capone & Noreaga - War Report 2?? (Random guess, but it was released 13th Jul in the US - also a great album!)

If not, what Album?

Rockaboom used to be great for HipHop when I lived in Leicester. Does it still stock a lot?

Nah but I have War Report 2 waiting for me to listen, been hearing some great things about it?

Pilot Talk - Curren$y is the album, really good album, productions amongst the best this year.

If not, what Album?

Not sure if you'd class it a lot because I don't know enough about Hip Hop.

But it still stocks it!!

Last time I was in there (last Friday), looked like a shop on it's last legs - none of the listening stations had anything on and the shelves were bare. USed to be practically my favourite shop in the whole of town.

Last time I was in there (last Friday), looked like a shop on it's last legs - none of the listening stations had anything on and the shelves were bare. USed to be practically my favourite shop in the whole of town.

The listening stations are set up and run by the labels so I dont think it should be a reflection on the shop. Plus there has been no 'big' indie releases recently and wont be until Sept when the students have some money

It's a miracle it still manages to survive, I hardly ever see anyone in there. I still buy new releases from there out of loyalty.

The last time I spoke to Carl, a few months ago he said they were surviving rather than doing well, but it didn't sound like their demise is imminent.

It was always my dream to own a record shop :cry:

It's a miracle it still manages to survive, I hardly ever see anyone in there. I still buy new releases from there out of loyalty.

The last time I spoke to Carl, a few months ago he said they were surviving rather than doing well, but it didn't sound like their demise is imminent.

It was always my dream to own a record shop :cry:

and me High Fidelity style!!

It's a sad state of affairs that the Independent record shops are slowly disappearing, used to spend hours in Selectadisc in Nottingham browsing through everything and anything to see what I can find.

It's a sad state when the Indies can't survive but I am as guilty as anyone for using the likes of Amazon and Play, they just make it so easy especially when you live at least an hour away from the nearest independent record store

It's a sad state of affairs that the Independent record shops are slowly disappearing, used to spend hours in Selectadisc in Nottingham browsing through everything and anything to see what I can find.

me too!

there and Left Legged Pineapple in Loughborough,used to make the pilgrimage over there every weekend,happy days :)

When I first moved to Wigston there was a record shop in Wigston and one in Oadby, I used both a few times - I even ordered a copy of L'eau Rouge by The Young Gods from the one in Oadby cos I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I'd have to go into town, necessitating extra spending on parking or a bus - it ain't gonna happen. When I worked in town though I was in Rockaboom 4-5 times a week.

So, how about me, Jay and Bellend open a record shop then? Just so long as I get to be Barry!

When I first moved to Wigston there was a record shop in Wigston and one in Oadby, I used both a few times - I even ordered a copy of L'eau Rouge by The Young Gods from the one in Oadby cos I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I'd have to go into town, necessitating extra spending on parking or a bus - it ain't gonna happen. When I worked in town though I was in Rockaboom 4-5 times a week.

So, how about me, Jay and Bellend open a record shop then? Just so long as I get to be Barry!

sounds like a plan but obviously we aren't allowed to sell any of the stock especially those super rare deleted limited edition records!!

Archived