Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

Kasabian

hehe compared to Mani we're not northeners.

17435[/snapback]

True... they sound a bit gutted they are from leicester and not manchester really!!! Maybe they can kick off another era like the MAD-chester one, but in Leicester.... ha probably not! :D

• 2 weeks later...

the self-titled album has a few stomping tracks on - most notably the singles. worth checking out for those if you like the afore mentioned influences - stone roses, primal scream. a few weaker tracks but as a debut not bad..

they're not going to become huge and have any chance of playing the walkers (like they have said they'd like to in the future) but they'll have a good year or so!

as a band at the moent to have as city fans i'm not complaining as the boys are fairly decent and were very nice when i met them at reading when i was working at the nme signing tent.

I bought the album during a shopping tour at the HMV store in the Shires.

Got the special edition with the bonus DVD for only £10.99.

Kasabian are no band with usual tunes. They've really put something in their debut and you can hear that. It's refreshing, sometimes disturbing and uncommon (then listen again and again) but for a debut quite astonishing.

It sounds like many different artists united on one album. I can hear Air, Jean-Michel Jarré and most of the time, just pure Kasabian. Spacy Sythi-Pop with guitars and a catchy chorus line.

My favourite tracks are:

- Processed Beats (I love that song!)

- L.S.F.

- Test Transmission

- Cutt Off

- U Boat

I can highly recommend it. It deserves its place in the charts. I just hope they can continue on that path and give us more of that fantastic stuff.

Quality band, saw them at Leicester Uni and they were awesome.  Unfortunately for Petrescu its not some lame whiney goth/weirdo blokes moaning about how shite life is so he won't like it.

21324[/snapback]

I find their single quite boring. It has nothing to do with what the song is about. I gave it a chance, i have to listen it every day at work! :( <_<

i've bought the album and i cant stop playing it. Love it, quality :thumbup:  :)  B)  :D

22140[/snapback]

If anyone want to listen to the album go to..... www.kasabian.co.uk/album

Foxes for eva... listen to ovary stripe on the link above, this version has words to it. much better if you ask me!

I bought the album after they were recommended by a mate. I quite like it a cross between Happy Mondays, and late Beatles (White Album) type stuff. :thumbup:

23608[/snapback]

I thought a bit of Stone Roses was in there too ^_^

Starting to get into them a bit!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived