Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

barnsley matchday

Look at that back 4 - not one of them was here at the beginning of the season. At least Sven quickly found the biggest problem and corrected it.

When you look at the starting 11 there aren't many who even were signed with us last season.

Possession

Barnsley35% Leicester65%

Attempts on target

Barnsley0 Leicester6

Attempts off target

Barnsley1 Leicester1

Corners

Barnsley0 Leicester5

Fouls

Barnsley9 Leicester3

-------------

:appl:

Really hope these are not 1 - 1 statistics!

The Padstar - I disagree, ok Fryatt looked awful last game, but Waghorns been anything but impressive. Not been a touch on what he was last season. Fryatts still managed to score more than him too.

Agreed, I'm not saying either is playing anything close to impressive but was responding to why should Fryatt be in ahead of Waghorn when there both not on form. My only reason that Wags should be ahead is it seems to me like he's trying a bit harder at the min but other than that.....

Criticism of waghorn is a bit unfair.

Things are a lot different to last season.

Last season we were the promoted team with very little expectations - this season we're the team that did really well and almost got to the PO final

Last season Pearson was manager of LCFC and waggy - This season he's had 2 different managers

Last season he was the loan signing from the PL with little pressure to perform - this season he's our marque 3M signing

Agreed, I'm not saying either is playing anything close to impressive but was responding to why should Fryatt be in ahead of Waghorn when there both not on form. My only reason that Wags should be ahead is it seems to me like he's trying a bit harder at the min but other than that.....

Fair play, I won't lie, I'm a big fan of Fryatt (*awaits abuse from others*) and as much as I'd love to be wrong and watch Waggy get a hat-trick, I just don't see it happening. Just dont think Fryatts been given a chance since Sousa started, but ah well,lets just hope we win today

Criticism of waghorn is a bit unfair.

Things are a lot different to last season.

Last season we were the promoted team with very little expectations - this season we're the team that did really well and almost got to the PO final

Last season Pearson was manager of LCFC and waggy - This season he's had 2 different managers

Last season he was the loan signing from the PL with little pressure to perform - this season he's our marque 3M signing

I agree and I also think he will come good. I think he has been trying too hard in recent games and losing his composure. It might well be due to the pressure of being our big signing. Once he gets over that, he will do well and can see him cementing a starting place

Fair play, I won't lie, I'm a big fan of Fryatt (*awaits abuse from others*) and as much as I'd love to be wrong and watch Waggy get a hat-trick, I just don't see it happening. Just dont think Fryatts been given a chance since Sousa started, but ah well,lets just hope we win today

thumbsup.gif

Now that's something we can definitely agree on.

Shiv - Nice comeback

The Padstar - I disagree, ok Fryatt looked awful last game, but Waghorns been anything but impressive. Not been a touch on what he was last season. Fryatts still managed to score more than him too.

Just can't really be bothered to argue because based on this season Waghorn deserves to start. Fryatt has been poor and frankly doesn't look interested.

As for Waghorn's corners, I think he's got one of the best deliveries in our team. Before he joined our corners were woeful. And he got an assist today with a free kick so kind of proves my point.

Archived