Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

The Trav Le Bleu Radio Show

Or as it's actually called DJ EJ's Alternative Universe. (And thanks to Mark for allowing me to put this shameless piece of self-promotion in this forum :thumbup: )

People might have noticed in my sig that there's a link to the web site from where I do my online radio show (I know Webbo has said he's meant to listen in, but forgotten) and although it's linked to the world of online gaming there's actually very little reference to that in my show. In fact, there's probably more mention of Leicester City than there is to game events! :scarf:

I like to keep it funny and diverse (unlike Heart FM's "more musical variety" :rolleyes: ) and I've played stuff as diverse as Kylie, Young Gods, Bonzo Doo Dah Dog Band, New Young Pony Club, Beach Boys, Kasabian and Milli Vanilli (though the later I did as a joke :P). I often try to follow a theme; the week before last I did folk music and associated stuff, I've done tunes associated with villainy (Because one of the games associated with Rogues Radio is City of Villains) and I've done a female vocalists set too. Next week I'm going to do a set of electronica cos there's a gaming mate of mine who is going into hospital next week, always listens in and loves electronica, Sparks in particular (he's old :P)

But often, I just like to play a wide variety of great music! I'll use this thread to update people on any special shows I'll be doing, but also please feel free to make requests here(At the moment I have a tracklist of 4000+ songs to choose from, predominantly singles) and or recommendations. You don't have to be an online gamer to enjoy the show and I'd welcome anyone's opinions if you wish to listen in some times. As the sig says, I'm on air 6-8pm every Sunday - though I sometimes kick off a little earlier as I'm the first one on for the station that day.

I did catch the last 20 minutes the other week , I always take the kids to see their grandma Sunday teatime and I'm not back until 7.30.

I must admit I'd never heard any of the music before but I enjoyed it.

Craig Adams' radio show is better ,

He broadcasts Lord Haw Haw speeches and everything :)

will try to tune in if it doesn't clash with Songs of Praise, but i expect some 60's :thumbup:

You can have 78s if you like! :P

What happened to Craig Adams? Has he sold up?

I've been meaning to listen to this for a couple of weeks now but everytime I remember it's the wrong day and there's no way to listen to old shows on the site.

I might put a note on the fridge in a bit.

And I might have to listen to an old Lord Haw Haw broadcast aswell now! My Grandad told me some stuff about him but I've forgot what it was.

Craig Adams mysteriously disappears from the airways , and Trav le Bleu emerges ,

Coincididence ? Or is this a monstrous cover-up ?

What's going on Empty ? Can you shed any light on this massive deception ?

ps Craig Adams ( or is it Trav le Bleu ?)

You still haven't apologised to my uncle Jack for announcing on your show last year that you were playing a record for him because he was "111" that day , when in fact he'd been " ill " that day , and he's still traumatised by the experience

Craig Adams mysteriously disappears from the airways , and Trav le Bleu emerges ,

Coincididence ? Or is this a monstrous cover-up ?

What's going on Empty ? Can you shed any light on this massive deception ?

ps Craig Adams ( or is it Trav le Bleu ?)

You still haven't apologised to my uncle Jack for announcing on your show last year that you were playing a record for him because he was "111" that day , when in fact he'd been " ill " that day , and he's still traumatised by the experience

This sounds like my kind of radio show

The link is DJ EJ's Alternative Universe on Rogues Radio 6-8 pm Every Sunday

If you're wondering about the EJ bit, it has no reference to being an E-Jockey. Basically I came about the station via my playing City of Villains, a Massively Multiplayer Online (or MMO) game and my first character was named Evil Janet (as a satire of all the grand sounding names that superheroes and villains usually possess), which got shortened to EJ, which I'm glad of... people referring to me as Janet was plain weird! I only took a female character because I knew the huge majority of players would be male and I wanted to redress the balance in game. A weird thing I've found is that whilst men will happily play female characters, the few gamers that I definately know to be female never have male characters. :dunno:

A quick idea of what I'll be playing tomorrow.

Since it's an Electronica and Sparks special (for a mate going into hospital) it will feature a few Sparks track and random stuff from the following (I always have too much stuff and trim it to my mindless rambling):-

Visage - Whitey - New Young Pony Club - Starkey - Ultravox - Air - A Flock of Seagulls - Kraftwerk - Prodigy - Ladytron - Depeche Mode - Japan - Hot Chip - Sh*t Robot - 808 State - Royksopp - Minitel Rose, to name a few. I have 45 track ready to go and I usually get in around 24-28. I shan't run short.

As far as 60s electronica Zingari... I could play Telstar I suppose, or maybe Buchanan and Goodman's Flying Saucer! :thumbup:

For any City fans planning to listen in tomorrow I intend to play Frank Worthington by the Joe Jordanaires :thumbup:

Other than that I'm playing a wild selection of random stuff and finishing with something Webbo might know :D

Archived